Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 5250

Thread: 5 - Carles Puyol

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticvarium View Post

This also.
    This seem like a recent change of mind? I remember he didn't entertain the idea before? Anyway, many of current generation would get their chances to coach, let's hope they won't be like Milan past generation (Seedorf,Inzaghi & Gattuso etc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They hired Frank de Boer

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to have him back...

Banned

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top3 Legends at Barca: Carles Puyol

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snubbed by your own legend.

Great times in Catalunya it seems.
    Some are boring, some are not.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like, snubbed Barto.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clear it's alignment against Bartomeu but have to say it's surprising/disappointing it has taken this long. Reminds me of when the players were waiting for Pep to respond to Mou years ago
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt it is an alignment, Abidal and Kluivert have recently joined the club, with the former being on Laporta's side during election.
    Puyol himself worked with Bartou's board. But he has been trying to establish his own business for sometime now.
    Also, he might want to leave Abidal doing his job, there seem to be a confusing about the role of director's in the club, at least for us fans.
    Those players don't have the same way of thinking as the fans. They have their own interests. they realize they can't push their agendas on the socios, they also realize there is a life outside the club.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Doubt it is an alignment, Abidal and Kluivert have recently joined the club, with the former being on Laporta's side during election.
    Puyol himself worked with Bartou's board. But he has been trying to establish his own business for sometime now.
    Also, he might want to leave Abidal doing his job, there seem to be a confusing about the role of director's in the club, at least for us fans.
    Those players don't have the same way of thinking as the fans. They have their own interests. they realize they can't push their agendas on the socios, they also realize there is a life outside the club.
    Puyol, like Xavi, has aligned himself with Victor Font. He's attended several of his conferences for his early election campaign.

There was no way he would take this role less than two years before the next elections.

Now will he take over a role at Barca if Font wins in 2021? Can't say for sure, but I don't think he's particularly fond of this board.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Puyol, like Xavi, has aligned himself with Victor Font. He's attended several of his conferences for his early election campaign.

There was no way he would take this role less than two years before the next elections.

Now will he take over a role at Barca if Font wins in 2021? Can't say for sure, but I don't think he's particularly fond of this board.
    May be,you are making a good point regarding the election
    Now,he gets only 2 years, in 2021 He gets more time regardless of who wins. Laporta,Font or someone from this board.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I'm talking about local Catalan legends
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even a 40 year old Puyol would beat the s*** out of this overrated kid let alone Puyi in his prime.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puyol turned 42 yesterday. HB, Capi.

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/stat...75352793808897

Our current team would really need a true leader like him again.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HB, my captain. I miss you.

https://twitter.com/LaLigaEN/status/1381865234089050112

"Barcelona are yet to find another like him - and they may never do so." - @La Liga Lowdown

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1381879835828555776

Last edited by Messi983; 13th April 2021 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Clasico game stuck in my mind where Puyol absolutely dominated. Remember him blocking shots left and right especially from Higuain. Anybody know what game?