Member Card

Tomchin

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/members/fidelity-card/detail/card/commitment-card

If I understand correctly, you still get free entry to the club museum and a discount in the club shop, but no preferential rights for tickets and no voting rights.
I got mine today. The lady at the OAB told me that you also get a discount for tickets, which I didn't know, and I'm very happy about. It's true that you don't get preferential rights for tickets though.

Of course you don't have voting-rights too, but since the next presidential election is only in 2016 (normally), I don't really care about that ;)

Tomchin

It's not guaranteed, atm...That's why it's really a commitment card...You're committing to the club possibly allowing you to become a member...I know, it's retarded - send Sandy a personal thank you from me too...The hope is that we'll be able to become a member after 3 years or before that Rosell will get ousted and the new membership laws revamped again...But the reality is that it's no guarantee that after 3 years you become a full member
I asked the lady at the OAB today if it's possible that after those 3 years it's possible that you're not accepted as a soci, but she says that that won't happen. Of course she can say what she wants, but I prefer to trust her on that one ;)

Tomchin

I can't believe what Rosell is doing..i really miss Laporta. It's almost like paying for getting nothing..but i will still do it and hope i can become a member.
Don't really agree, I think the concept of the commitment-card is really good. The fact that you have to register for the commitment-card at the Camp Nou itself (and renew it at Camp Nou 1 year later) is quite good I think. In the end, the real purpose to become a soci is to be able to go to the biggest games (CL-semifinal, CDR-final etc.), and it makes sense that you have to go multiple times to the Camp Nou before you can achieve that.

XaviMessiGirl

I still think there should be an option for int'l fans to be a member without having to physically go there, obviously without the full-fledged privileges of a soci (no voting rights, no ticket discounts, etc) but still something.

For example at Liverpool there is full membership, which gives you ticket discounts and other things that only people who live in or visit Liverpool often would really be able to use. Then there is "international membership" that doesn't give you ticket benefits but still gives you stuff like online store discounts and things that foreign fans WOULD find useful.

That way everyone is happy. I'm ok with not being able to vote as a foreign fan, and if I went to Barcelona I know someone who could get me into games anyway so not fussed with ticket discounts either. But would still like some other option.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The downside Tom is that the commitment card actually doesn't insure anything at the end...It could just end up being a 'waste' of money as there is no guarantee of membership at the end...Again, I too am in the same boat...I renewed again this year

Galning

Huh? I have a soci card and I still have voting rights (I even get invitations in my mailbox whenever there is a meeting etc.) and I can buy tickets prior to the general public..

XaviMessiGirl

Huh? I have a soci card and I still have voting rights (I even get invitations in my mailbox whenever there is a meeting etc.) and I can buy tickets prior to the general public..

Don't you have to physically go to Barcelona to vote though? I thought you did.

Tomchin

Galning, you have a membership card, so you have all the rights.

But we're discussing the commitment card here (you have to show 3 years of commitment before you can become a soci nowadays), maybe that's where the confusion is coming from?

Galning

Don't you have to physically go to Barcelona to vote though? I thought you did.
Yeah of course.. but that's normal imo.
Galning, you have a membership card, so you have all the rights.

But we're discussing the commitment card here (you have to show 3 years of commitment before you can become a soci nowadays), maybe that's where the confusion is coming from?

Oh okay, I didn't even know a "commitment card" existed. Thought you were talking about soci cards, my bad.

Tomchin

Went to renew my commitment-card last week in Barcelona, in the beginning of 2016 I should be able to apply for a membership-card. I asked the guy at the counter if it was guaranteed that someone who applies for a membership-card would get one, and he said yes. Lets hope he's not lying :)

Ajking88

I'm gonna get a commitment card in October.

I see they are valid to 31st December for 68 euros and I need 3 years before I can get full membership.

Does that mean that if I purchase in October, it will cost me 68 euros until December and then I have to renew again for another 68 euros? And will that 3 month period mean I have 1 year already??

Tomchin

No, you need 3 full years, so in your case until December 2016.

Those 68 euro is a lesser amount because there re only 4 months remaining this year, normally for a full year it's more (120 euro i think). So in total you ll need to pay 68 + 3*120.

Alarcón

Does anyone know whether you have to show a passport to apply for the commitment card, or is an ID enough?

Home of Barca Fans