U-19 Uefa Champions league?

Trequartista

The good
we will see,no Italian teams mentioned either,Liverpool are so far the onlt team officially anouncing that they will take part in it,all other teams are just rumored to be taking part in it
SHall be epic if teams like Barca,Madrid,italian Jiants took part
Doubt Barca will take part since this means more scouting for the youngesters and probably more poaching from EPL teams

Sergio

Sergison
Totally wrong approach on how to develop youth in my view, which should be moving further from competition and more academy and training approach rather than purely competitive. Having more emphasis on being competitive just furthers the problem of those players that are that bigger and faster progressing, and the smart and technique orientated players being left behind. Its what is Englands problem - in which they are self admitting of, and we see it in Italia now. Players like Pippo or Pirlo simply wouldn't have made it in todays competitive obsessed way of teaching players. This to me is a move further in the wrong direction, and am happy Italia are wanting nothing to do with it.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
WHY NO SPANISH TEAMS ARE INVOLVED :angry:
it's a shame.. big shame

I'm sure they will be.

Totally wrong approach on how to develop youth in my view, which should be moving further from competition and more academy and training approach rather than purely competitive. Having more emphasis on being competitive just furthers the problem of those players that are that bigger and faster progressing, and the smart and technique orientated players being left behind. Its what is Englands problem - in which they are self admitting of, and we see it in Italia now. Players like Pippo or Pirlo simply wouldn't have made it in todays competitive obsessed way of teaching players. This to me is a move further in the wrong direction, and am happy Italia are wanting nothing to do with it.

Disagree as I think a competitiveness at a young age is only beneficial. Playing in a competitive environment against european opposition and in doing so learning and developing new styles, cultures etc I think it is a good idea in principal.

There is still academy and training approach all year round, but these sorts of games only aides the development of young players.

I am happy that we are involved in this venture.

Sergio

Sergison
Your country has had a highly competitive youth league set up for decades, and look what has happened - despite all the investment, your national team is a joke, a collection of very mediocre, there is a reason there is no British Xavi or Pirlo. And any claims that a more competitive based structure produces more mentally strong, winning minded players, well clearly not as England are the biggest chokers on the world stage.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Your country has had a highly competitive youth league set up for decades, and look what has happened - despite all the investment, your national team is a joke, a collection of very mediocre, there is a reason there is no British Xavi or Pirlo. And any claims that a more competitive based structure produces more mentally strong, winning minded players, well clearly not as England are the biggest chokers on the world stage.

I don't care about the national team............I care about LFC's youth players (whether they are english, spanish, french etc) gaining that experience of playing different teams abroad who have different aspects of their game and hopefully learning off of them. If we can compete against them at an early age and develop at a better rate than playing domestic only games, then I am all for it.

Sergio

Sergison
I don't care about the national team............I care about LFC's youth players (whether they are english, spanish, french etc) gaining that experience of playing different teams abroad who have different aspects of their game and hopefully learning off of them. If we can compete against them at an early age and develop at a better rate than playing domestic only games, then I am all for it.
Which all evidence shows you is nonsense, which is why the majority of coaching thought now suggests a move back from highly competitive nurturing of young players is better. Because its clear what that gives you is a youth production of generic athletic, strong, big players, with a big deficit on technique and smart players - see 99% of all young players in the UK.

And no you can't have both, in addition to like you make out. The La Masia and Ajax academy structure is clearly superior, where individual training is placed far more highly than competitive games, reason why those clubs produce genuinely talented players.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Why can't you have both? these games are not every week.

There is room for academy training and competitive games. I see no reason why you cannot have both.

Sergio

Sergison
Well its not difficult to see why, if you have your youth set up orientated around a competitive competition or competitions, then you train and play players in a manner to win games, which with young, growing players, always means its those that are fastest/biggest/strongest earlier that develop, and not those that are smaller less physical. Hence why in Italia all the talk about the state of youth production is why there are no more Pirlo's. The reason is the bigger, stronger midfielder plays in competitive games, while the smarter, technically better player is less involved and doesn't progress.

Essentially what a hyper competitive structure does is filter out technique and replaces it with physique, offering no balance or variety to the type of player making it.

Academy structures have not this concern for winning every game, every competition, and its about improving a players individual technique and building on their qualities.

Beast

The Observer

Nope you are wrong here Sergio , @ the age of 19 you should install competitiveness , younger i agree with your POV completely ..

and don't say look @ England.. u should look @ Spain and the B teams they keep providing great generations..
and Italia youth is a shame .. u know that

we will see,no Italian teams mentioned either,Liverpool are so far the onlt team officially anouncing that they will take part in it,all other teams are just rumored to be taking part in it
SHall be epic if teams like Barca,Madrid,italian Jiants took part
Doubt Barca will take part since this means more scouting for the youngesters and probably more poaching from EPL teams

Yeah but you can sign players already @ that age so it's safe...though the EPL contract deals will spoil them

Home of Barca Fans