U-19 Uefa Champions league?

Yugi

ajax and barcelona is there, gonna be quality
anyway, any idea when these games start CET?

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
sounds like your u-19 team is better than your first team;)

Too true :lol:

However we really have some good damned players in our team.

Suso is a brilliant little player, his through balls and one touch passing is superb.

Adorjan is a very good player - probably our best player in the academy this season. He is very intelligent and is good goal threat for us.

Tony Silva is our creative threat from the wings and he can beat a player and make something happen. Raheem Sterling is on the other wing and provides pace and skill. We bought Joao Teixeira from Sporting in January. Not seen much of him, over we bought him mainly because he owned us when Sporting came to Anfield and beat us! Mendy and Wilson are our main defensive unit and they are very good.

As I mentioned earlier our youth set up which Rafa implemented in 2005 is based on the Barca system.

Jose Segura is the assistant technical manager a role he did for Barca. His role saw him help develop players of the calibre of Andres Iniesta, Victor Valdes, Gerard Pique, Bojan Krkic, Cesc Fabregas and Mikel Arteta.

Rodolfo Burrell is the Reserve team head coach The Spaniard first arrived at the Kirkby Academy in July 2009.
Rodolfo graduated from Barcelona's INEF University with a degree before undertaking his UEFA Coaching qualifications.
The Spaniard joined Barcelona in 1996 and spent 13 years with the La Liga giants, making significant progress through the ranks of the Catalan's youth coaching system.
Rodolfo coached all age groups from U11 to U17 level at the Nou Camp, where he worked alongside Liverpool's Academy technical manager Jose Segura, as well as Pep Guardiola.
During his time at the club, Barcelona won nine league titles, three cup competitions, one National Championship and one World Club Championship.
Rodolfo helped develop well-known Barcelona players past and present, such as Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique, Cesc Fabregas, Bojan Krkic and Giovanni Dos Santos, as well as many potential stars of the future, including Liverpool's own Daniel Pacheco.

Rafa asked him to come here and help implement the youth system.

Segura and Borrell are both massive influences on our youth restructure and deserve great credit.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ajax beating us 3-0 at the moment. Never the less its a good experience for the lads in the team for the future, hopefully they'll learn from it.

Marc

AnfieldED sig:
Guardiola is quoted as telling Catalan radio: “Liverpool Academy is the only one who can compete at "La Masia". If they can manage those lads, then maybe 20 star players can arrive from that academy.”

Barcelona - Ajax 0:3
Liverpool - Ajax 0:6

meme_lol.png

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
What do you all think? In your team at this level it is better to have 1 future world class player and 10 terrible players rather than 11 good players?? Personally I'd take the 1 world class player all day long.

P.s. Not saying we have any world class players at that level, just thinking out loud with that question.

Home of Barca Fans