Jordi Alba

Givenchy

Sadly, Balde will end up loaned out whilst Xavi continues with Alba and Alonso.

Barca is a Ferrari and Xavi has no idea how to drive it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If they think balde good enough to start why the fuck are they signing Alonso

This obviously is a good question. If someone like Laporta truly believes Balde currently deserves to start then they should either not sign Alonso or boot Alba out.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Xavi not sure why a 33 year old no composure well past it left back isn't working for a team wanting to win La Liga and go far in the Champions league. I must have overrated Xavis intelligence if he keeps favouring this joker!

vuji_31

Our current formation: 4-3-3
Problems: Not good enough starting left back, right back and Busqets being alive.

Only solution: Change formation with 3 players at back.

Formation: 3-2-4-1 (xavi's masterclass variation).

----------------------Lewandowski--------------------------------

---Rapinha-------Pedri--------------B.Silva/Gavi-----Dembele-----

----------------Busquets---------------De Jong--------------------

-----------Kounde-----------Christansen--------Araujo------------

We solved 99% of the problems. You can start De Jong and Busi together, there is no lb/rb in team because they are bad, we can start our best centrebacks and not to worry about Araujo being "bad passer".
You can always put Balde/Alba instead of Rapinha for more defensive approach, same situation on right side with Dest.

We will concede goals, but we have quality to score 3 more.

gregorrin10

Problems: Not good enough starting left back, right back and Busqets being alive.

We solved 99% of the problems. You can start De Jong and Busi together, there is no lb/rb in team because they are bad, we can start our best centrebacks and not to worry about Araujo being "bad passer".
You can always put Balde/Alba instead of Rapinha for more defensive approach, same situation on right side with Dest.

I really hope Xavi's plan was/is always to go to this formation, his go to formation in coaching. Cause like you said, the players we have now, everyone would be better off going in this direction. Most importantly, finding a proper place and the best position for De Jong. But also nullifying the fact of not having competent full backs. And I'd really like Alba going from basically a guaranteed starter to having to fight (and most of the time lose) for his spot with the likes of Raphinha, Dembele and Ferran (I imagine Fati would play up front most of the time, if Auba also leaves, which he'll have to, if we want Bernardo and keep De Jong), not to mention Alonso also being a very good option in this formation, even if we're not excited by him coming. Basically this is the only formation I would consider Alonso to actually being a very sound acquisition, and actually a pretty good upgrade on Alba, as oppose to playing classic LB, which will be a disaster, if it happens. Plus he wouldn't be a starter anyway with the forward wingers being preferred in that position. Send Balde out on loan for the season (we all wish Xavi would maybe just give him a chance, cause he might be ready already), but I also wouldn't mind a good loan for him, just like with Nico, as long as Busquets is here. Hopefully they both come back a better player next year, and it would also mean we can finally kick Alba to the curb next summer as well, since we'd have the numbers to do it with both Alonso and Balde being there.

Getting rid of all four captains next summer, and maybe even Ter Stegen, who is basically the last one from those years (if he doesn't recover this season, although he's had a good start and will finally be able to count on his defense in front of him, so he might make a comeback and earn his place here for a few more years) and finally starting a fresh without the seniors from Valverde and Koeman days is the dream. Finally we'd be free of that loser mentality, that I suspect might hold us back this season to really compete, at least for the CL. I think we'll still be competitive domestically and might even challenge Madrid to the title, with a little luck even win it, but for CL I don't see us going all the way (semifinal would be pretty great, but I think quarters are the realistic goal), and the biggest part of that will be having the seniors with their loser mentality still here, cause they'll just crap their pants in the biggest moments yet again. And Alba I believe is the biggest obstacle in achieving that, so getting him out would be huge, cause I think the others will actually leave. Pique cause his ego won't let him ride the bench one more year, Busquets cause he's finally realizing his time on this level is done, and Roberto, cause we simply won't need him anymore, like we did this year, when we basically extended him out of fear of not having enough depth.

I think there's reports of Auba, Memphis and Dest all having to be sold, if Frenkie stays and we also wanting Bernardo to come. And honestly, I'd take that. Playing this formation, sure Dest would be a good backup to have for that RM spot, but with both Dembele and Raphinha able to play there, he wouldn't get a lot of minutes anyway, so better to cash in on him now, especially if Xavi doesn't want him, then it's a no brainer, and I honestly don't blame Xavi all that much for that, cause he just seems to be another mid table level player, even though he's still quite young, but I don't see him massively improving, since he basically didn't improve at all in his time here so far, I agree that he just lacks focus too much of the time to be a reliable, starter option for us. I think he'd do well going to a lower level club and establishing himself there. Kinda like Semedo did with Wolves, and honestly I don't rate Dest much higher than that, so that comparison is actually perfect.

As for Auba leaving, sure it could hurt us, but I think we're betting on Lewa staying as fit as he was up until this point, and if that happens, Auba won't get enough playing time anyway, so better for him to go, and for us to make a nice profit, since we're already waiving on that with Memphis. Meanwhile Fati with his injury and fitness problems won't be able to be counted on as a regular starter (at least not this season, if ever?) anyway, and with him also never being that rapid (losing even more pace after his injuries) and his finishing and positioning being his greatest attributes, I always wanted him to eventually be made into a striker, and there isn't a better teacher out there than Lewandowski right now, to help mould him into that in the next 2-3 years, and with his fitness concerns him also not being under immense pressure of having to lead our line every week, that was always asking too much of him, at least for now. The hope is, under the guidance of Lewa, and injuries leaving him alone, he could become our next long term world class striker in about 3 years, just when Lewa will be winding down.

I'd like Dembele, Raphinha and Ferran mostly for the wings. They're more than enough, if Dembele stays fit and firing. This could really become our go to formation in the next few years, and I'm really hoping Xavi is leaning this way. Recruitment this summer would make you think so, but you just never know with him being so obsessed with keeping that lone pivot role (hopefully he's only doing it for just as long as Busquets is here).

.blitzer

Raphinha is pretty decent defensively, but Demebele is awful.

Messigician

Play this formation and xavi will be sacked by November

FinBarcelonafan

🚨🚨| Alejandro Balde will start the match against Real Sociedad, replacing Jordi Alba.
@fansjavimiguel [🥇]

Please Balde. Bench Alba for good... Vamoooos

JamDav1982

Fist game of season. Full stadium. Fans hyped about new team..

Alba sat on steps in stadium looking like would rather be anywhere else... Imagine a real captain and winner leading team out there.

Would not be surprised if he was sitting there feeling sorry for himself and being badly treated for one reason or another. The egos of some of these amigos are too big and they cant handle a hint of doubt. They feel entitled due to past to behave in any way want.

Birdy

����| Alejandro Balde will start the match against Real Sociedad, replacing Jordi Alba.
@fansjavimiguel [��]

Please Balde. Bench Alba for good... Vamoooos

Xavi waking up?????
MAKE IT HAPPEN

He has benched Pique already.
If he benches Alba as well, he will gain my respect

Home of Barca Fans