Jordi Alba

TheStig

The club/Xavi should tell him he will play regularly (if he's good enoug like he is in the last few games) only if he announces that he will leave in the summer. The priority should be him leaving in the summer. If he doesn't agree than sit him on the bench, we have other options which should be good enough for EL and LL.

FCBfan22

Alba: "I think I have matured as a player and also as a person. I understand the game better and now that I'm more veteran I try to help the younger ones."

"What I had with Messi was something special. Almost all the goals I have scored with Bar?a have been assists by him, with his passes. And I have also given him a lot of assists."

"Balde is a great player who has been in the elite for a short time, but who is playing many games at Barcelona and is learning very fast. He has an incredible future ahead of him."

"For me, Luis Enrique is the best coach in the world. It's a pleasure to have him in the national team."

Trying to get into Spain's first XI? :lol:

Birdy

That POS came out with this:

Jordi Alba: “I have decided to stay at FC Barcelona until 2024.”
LOL about the 'decided' part

Actions to take are simple and effective:
1) Board tells him plainly that if he isn't leaving in the summer, he won't see the pitch nor even the squad again.

2) If he refuses, put him in the stands and in individual training indefinitely. Not even Copa games or friendlies.

3) Remove the armband from him with immediate effect

jamrock

Good game yesterday, the imbalance in the team when he got subbed played a part in the goal, defense had a decent flow going, not a big deal though or balde's fault, Germany hit basically as he walked on & wasn't ups to speed as yet.

serghei

Tbh out of all veterans he was always the most hard working and interested in staying very fit. Looks like he slimed down and hit the gym, which is making him noticeably faster and quicker in reaction time.

Balde RB and Alba LB is the best formula for us this season, especially since Balde looks to be one of those fullbacks who can produce almost equally well on both wide areas.

Balde with Dembele and Raphinha could be tasty.

JamDav1982

Balde needs to be developed at LB this season and needs minutes there. He has done OK at right back but Kounde is better there and was by a long way when compare the two.

The best defence is Kounde Araujo Christensen and Balde/Alba.

They can rotate at LB as Balde is still young and learning and will still lack consistency at times and Alba can get rest he needs at this age and play games where he is needed in final third

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I hate this chipmunk looking mofo but his assists are sick. Today's was beautiful again.
A shame he is abysmal at other parts of the game.

vuji_31

Xavi is only idiot in the world who would play this old fraud before most talented young LB in the world.

xXKonan

We fucked it in the RB spot in the summer.

Bellerin ended up being a waste of time as he's nowhere near the level we need. Roberto has had a nightmare the last few years due to injuries and when he somehow plays himself into form he gets injured and is out for a certain amount of time. There's Kounde but he's clearly better as a CB.

Alba is playing more because Xavi had to resort to playing Balde at RB and Alonso is also being laughably bad at LB this season.

jamrock

He's been good this season bar a few games, but the succession is clear, thank god we trusted the process with Balde & didn't loan him out like rumors were saying & some here wanted, next season Balde the clear # 1.

Question is who would buy Alba off us, can't think of many with his wages.

If he continues to play like he has this season, wouldn't be the worst think it he stays, but for the club best if a solution is found.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans