Jordi Alba

Barcilliant

It's not easy replacing fullbacks. I remember most fans were ready to move on from Dani Alves, but Barca still haven't replaced him at RB.

Noone can replace Alves. Best rb in Barca history. How are you going to replace that?
We haven't replaced Xavi or Iniesta for that matter either.

Bobo32

Noone can replace Alves. Best rb in Barca history. How are you going to replace that?
We haven't replaced Xavi or Iniesta for that matter either.

No it is impossible.
Alves could bring multiple teams to CL finals after he left Barcelona, and he played 30 games as late as last season in Brazil...
Barcelona could've waited to replace him at least a couple of years.
I guess many fans here wanted him out even earlier, he was an easy scapegoat. I wouldn't be surprised if Semedo was one of the players many wanted in to replace him, either...

There are few great right full backs that I am aware of. An alternative is to play a back 3, as has been done, and let a more offensively weighed player play on that side.

Regarding the left side, Alba is irreplacable in a way as well, but there are many good alternatives. Just coming from la masia some names are: Grimaldo, Angelino, Miranda, Balde, Cucurella... Maybe one of those would be good enough, or indeed Gaya...

vuji_31

Dani Alves for me is best in history. I don't buy bullshit from Seria A nostalgia and Cafu playing with ronaldinho,ronaldo and rest.
This guy has most trophies in history of football.

Whoever you bring he will be worse then Dani Alves.

It is same with Messi.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Dani Alves for me is best in history. I don't buy bullshit from Seria A nostalgia and Cafu playing with ronaldinho,ronaldo and rest.
This guy has most trophies in history of football.

Whoever you bring he will be worse then Dani Alves.

It is same with Messi.

Agree, peak Alves was somethig else. A very high IQ player combined with this ball control is pure class. The Alves/Messi side was unplayabale when both were in mood.

Bobo32

"la intensidad de Jordi"
The intensity of the retardation on some takes of tired Barcelona fans...

I wonder if you pick up the same way on every looping cross let through, when they don't result in a goal because the ball doesn't drop strangely in the crossbar, and the defender doesn't sleep on the rebound.
Araujo was very sleepy on multiple occasions yesterday.

Jadentheman

No it is impossible.
Alves could bring multiple teams to CL finals after he left Barcelona, and he played 30 games as late as last season in Brazil...
Barcelona could've waited to replace him at least a couple of years.
I guess many fans here wanted him out even earlier, he was an easy scapegoat. I wouldn't be surprised if Semedo was one of the players many wanted in to replace him, either...

There are few great right full backs that I am aware of. An alternative is to play a back 3, as has been done, and let a more offensively weighed player play on that side.

Regarding the left side, Alba is irreplacable in a way as well, but there are many good alternatives. Just coming from la masia some names are: Grimaldo, Angelino, Miranda, Balde, Cucurella... Maybe one of those would be good enough, or indeed Gaya...

He was good, but there's a reason why he was nicknamed "Avenida Alves"

gregorrin10

Rumours that Alba will also be asked to lower his wages this summer, or else be put on the transfer list. About fucking time. Get Gaya from Valencia for under 20M, promote Balde to backup, and get this fucker out. The prime example of our senior's broken, irreparable mentality. Need to do the same with all the 28+ year old players (and of course the all the younger underperforming crap like Lenglet, Umtiti, Pjanić, Braithwaite...), although the preferred choice is them actually rejecting it and be sold. At least in terms of our biggest liabilities (and home grown players, whom it will be the toughest to let go in the minds of the club, I assume) like Pique, Lenglet, Roberto, Alba and Busquets. We're already a few years too late anyway, but now it's high time we exterminate this rotten core of broken players, who participated in all the European humiliations and never recovered from it.

Rumours that Alba will also be asked to lower his wages this summer, or else be put on the transfer list. About fucking time. Get Gaya from Valencia for under 20M, promote Balde to backup, and get this fucker out. The prime example of our senior's broken, irreparable mentality. Need to do the same with all the 28+ year old players (and of course the all the younger underperforming crap like Lenglet, Umtiti, Pjanić, Braithwaite...), although the preferred choice is them actually rejecting it and be sold. At least in terms of our biggest liabilities (and home grown players, whom it will be the toughest to let go in the minds of the club, I assume) like Pique, Lenglet, Roberto, Alba and Busquets. We're already a few years too late anyway, but now it's high time we exterminate this rotten core of broken players, who participated in all the European humiliations and never recovered from it.

This! And for the love of god, please stop giving long year
contract extensions for players aged 30+. I like the Chelseamodel, they only offer 1 year extensions for players over 30.

Home of Barca Fans