User Tag List

Page 432 of 433 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433 LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 6485

Thread: 18 - Jordi Alba

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player who needs to be benched in order to move his ass or even worse to stay fit is an unmotivated clown. What's even worse, is that he is one of our captains. How the hell can he be an example to our young players? IMHO he is well past his prime and he should leave, if not in January than definitely next summer together with Busi. With Balde as our first choice and Alonso as a backup we will be well covered in LB position.
    Last edited by Raketa10; 10th November 2022 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The club/Xavi should tell him he will play regularly (if he's good enoug like he is in the last few games) only if he announces that he will leave in the summer. The priority should be him leaving in the summer. If he doesn't agree than sit him on the bench, we have other options which should be good enough for EL and LL.
    Some say he's a fan of Barcelona...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alba: "I think I have matured as a player and also as a person. I understand the game better and now that I'm more veteran I try to help the younger ones."

"What I had with Messi was something special. Almost all the goals I have scored with Bar?a have been assists by him, with his passes. And I have also given him a lot of assists."

"Balde is a great player who has been in the elite for a short time, but who is playing many games at Barcelona and is learning very fast. He has an incredible future ahead of him."

"For me, Luis Enrique is the best coach in the world. It's a pleasure to have him in the national team."

Trying to get into Spain's first XI?
    "It's not sport if it doesn't matter if you lose."

Pep Guardiola, 2021.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That POS came out with this:

Jordi Alba: “I have decided to stay at FC Barcelona until 2024.”
    LOL about the 'decided' part

Actions to take are simple and effective:
    1) Board tells him plainly that if he isn't leaving in the summer, he won't see the pitch nor even the squad again.

2) If he refuses, put him in the stands and in individual training indefinitely. Not even Copa games or friendlies.

3) Remove the armband from him with immediate effect

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good game yesterday, the imbalance in the team when he got subbed played a part in the goal, defense had a decent flow going, not a big deal though or balde's fault, Germany hit basically as he walked on & wasn't ups to speed as yet.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh out of all veterans he was always the most hard working and interested in staying very fit. Looks like he slimed down and hit the gym, which is making him noticeably faster and quicker in reaction time.

Balde RB and Alba LB is the best formula for us this season, especially since Balde looks to be one of those fullbacks who can produce almost equally well on both wide areas.

Balde with Dembele and Raphinha could be tasty.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balde needs to be developed at LB this season and needs minutes there. He has done OK at right back but Kounde is better there and was by a long way when compare the two.

The best defence is Kounde Araujo Christensen and Balde/Alba.

They can rotate at LB as Balde is still young and learning and will still lack consistency at times and Alba can get rest he needs at this age and play games where he is needed in final third

HiiiPoWeR
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate this chipmunk looking mofo but his assists are sick. Today's was beautiful again.
    A shame he is abysmal at other parts of the game.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play him at DM

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xavi is only idiot in the world who would play this old fraud before most talented young LB in the world.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vuji_31 View Post
    Xavi is only idiot in the world who would play this old fraud before most talented young LB in the world.
    Balde played 73% of League minutes this season

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We fucked it in the RB spot in the summer.

Bellerin ended up being a waste of time as he's nowhere near the level we need. Roberto has had a nightmare the last few years due to injuries and when he somehow plays himself into form he gets injured and is out for a certain amount of time. There's Kounde but he's clearly better as a CB.

Alba is playing more because Xavi had to resort to playing Balde at RB and Alonso is also being laughably bad at LB this season.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    400k per week. Let that sink.

Terminate this frauds contract.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been good this season bar a few games, but the succession is clear, thank god we trusted the process with Balde & didn't loan him out like rumors were saying & some here wanted, next season Balde the clear # 1.

Question is who would buy Alba off us, can't think of many with his wages.

If he continues to play like he has this season, wouldn't be the worst think it he stays, but for the club best if a solution is found.
    Last edited by jamrock; 16th January 2023 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can't renew Balde and Gavi because of shameless guys like Alba and Busqets.