Jordi Alba

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If they were any good, yes. The Valencia metropolitan area has over 2 million people in it and isn't dominated by Barca or Madrid fans.

But the way they are right now? No.

What is their current capacity? I am sure their season ticket waiting list is quite big too, so they could well do it.

W

Worms

If they were any good, yes. The Valencia metropolitan area has over 2 million people in it and isn't dominated by Barca or Madrid fans.

But the way they are right now? No.

They are good now,and when they get rid of there debts and have a huge stadium they will be able to build an even better team.

W

Worms

What is their current capacity? I am sure their season ticket waiting list is quite big too, so they could well do it.

55 thousand......can't believe it's 10 thousand bigger than Anfield,doesn't look so big on the tele.

W

Worms

http://valenciacf.lasprovincias.es/...ia-compra-parcelas-mestalla-201110141637.html

Google translate:

Promote Bankia and private investors to buy plots Mestalla for € 243 million
The plan, which could still be more ambitious, would eliminate bank debt and allow the club to finish the stadium

STAFF | VALENCIA .-

The solution to economic problems that stifle Valencia is closer. Bankia and a group of private investors promote the establishment of a company by March it would buy the old Mestalla plots in exchange for the bank debt of the club, located around 243 million euros. To reach a successful operation, the sports club would owe just over 120 million, which would provide capacity to borrow and thus conclude work on the new stadium, stalled for over two years.

The project, advanced by the SER, provides a more ambitious business opportunity, where investors buy Bankia and not just the Mestalla ground, but also the office tower on Avenida de las Cortes and the Ciudad Deportiva de Paterna, previously reclassified. In return, the Valencia get about 500 million euros, 130 of which would go to finish his new home and the rest to reduce to a minimum total debt, now located at 368 million.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
55 thousand......can't believe it's 10 thousand bigger than Anfield,doesn't look so big on the tele.

If it is 55 thousand then I'd expect them to fill an extra 15000 seats, especially as 7500 will probably be season ticket holders.

zanela

If he was signed, i don't think i could ever hate him even if he turned out bad for us. He's not the smallest, but there is something adorable/innocent about the fella, that i want to give him a hug everytime i see him play. :D

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He's too good to be a role player and too bad defensively to be first choice LB unless we switch to permanent 3-4-3.

Robbie

From wikipedia:

Alba started his career in the youth ranks of FC Barcelona, but was released in 2005 after being deemed too small.[1] He then joined fellow Catalan club UE Cornellà and in 2007, after just one season, departed in a €6,000 deal to Valencia CF

Heh, his career path is almost identical to Ignasi Miquel. Failed defender from La Masia goes to Cornella, then immediately to a top 4 club. He'll probably find his way back. I don't think a Catalan could turn down Barca, especially if they spent a huge part of their life in its academy.

Home of Barca Fans