Jordi Alba

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Said the club didn't contact him for a salary reduction until recently 3 weeks ago.

Laporta said they spoke with his agent in May and also sent him a letter early July.

JerseyAddict

Said the club didn't contact him for a salary reduction until recently 3 weeks ago.

Laporta said they spoke with his agent in May and also sent him a letter early July.

I just commented that on Laporta topic.
Alba starts to realy go on my nerves. A lot...

Jadentheman

He’s going to be the next one bounced outta here. Him and Busquets are in trouble. I feel like only Pique and Roberto are safer to stay.

Bobo32

I am driving poor Sergino Dests thread off topic.

Let me say it here instead: if I was to build an optimal line-up I'd probably have Alba on the LB.
My reasoning being the optimal line-up would be focused around the best team I watched - Peps Barcelona. The Busi-Xavi-Iniesta midfield is a no-brainer, as is Alves and Messi. You could argue that Abidal was great for the balance at LB and that it was key for the team to work so well, and I'd maybe agree, but if you want a LB that is great offensively as well I would prefer Alba to Roberto Carlos for sure, in that kind of team. Marcelo could be good, but his style wouldn't complement the other players as well, as he wants the ball on foot and is even more unreliable defensively.

My initial claim in that other thread was that Alba maybe could be considered the best LB the sport ever had, and I see no reason to back down on that. There are of course many candidates.

Home of Barca Fans