Jordi Alba

BerkeleyBernie

First good game since Liverpool first leg!

I was surprised he actually took his goal really well. He did a little stutter-step to gain a small opening with the keeper. Without the move, the shot would have been blocked. Every time Alba bombs down the left, I expect to see his cross go directly into a defender so I was surprised he didn't just blast tit at the keeper. Well done.

BarçaBarça

He will be mad if Neymar comes - he has thrived since he left and their on-field relationship isn't great, as Neymar takes the wrong positions for Alba to exploit his qualities.
I hope Firpo will be used to shut up Alba, so Alba has to be grateful for every minute he gets, just as Firpo certainly will be.

pregra

His crossing are a sight to behold. And can’t dribble for shit. He gets set up in so many 1v1s out there and never even tries going past the opponent

fergus90

Had 1 good game since he got a new contract. Amazed how he gets fed so many balls to cross in when 1 in 50 are effective and the rest are a fucking joke.

omidferoz

This guy is mentally retarded. Such a stupid player that its beyond me. Keeps crossing to Narnia while everyone else is in another realm of time. If he was not a football player he will be on the street begging for money. should have been sold 2 years ago and we might have won a Champions league.

pregra

At this stage, teams let him be open because the crosses never create any danger anyway. His pace is also starting to go. What’s left then? Nada

cro-man

Somehow nobody except messi is able to connect with alba on the wings. Its like a pure winger and him on one side doesnt work.

xXKonan

I feel that he has way too much attacking freedom, despite how dumb that may sound.

Just too many balls are going to him only and very little of it transitioned into something worthwhile. There needs to be a much more balanced approach to this instead of just blindly have Alba do all the attacking on the left side.

Lapi

I feel that he has way too much attacking freedom, despite how dumb that may sound.

Just too many balls are going to him only and very little of it transitioned into something worthwhile. There needs to be a much more balanced approach to this instead of just blindly have Alba do all the attacking on the left side.

Very good observation.
One thing to add: he is a bad dribbler, so his attacks only have some danger if he is alone, not facing any opponent, which is a luxury.

Home of Barca Fans