Jordi Alba

Hatem Ben Arfa

canto, i've said it before. im responding to HBA post about bale is better defender than alba from couple pages back. that is why i am talking about him as a defender. i am aware that bale is now a winger even though i don't think he ever was a defender.

get your facts right before you go around calling people retards.

HAHAHAHAHA

Quote me where i have said Bale is a better defender than Alba??

I said Bale WAS Left Back, and got converted to a WINGER because he can't defend to save his life! and that Valencia should do the same with Alba.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
I think he is.

if you look at how he beats his man, and when he's at his best, it's all very wingback-ish.

I mean how else did a success of right-backs lacking the pace & power he has (Phil Neville, Rafael, Steinsson, etc.) keep him quiet? if you deny him the space to start running, he has very few tricks to beat you. but release him into space and with his pace, power, movement, skill & final ball he is absolutely deadly.

he is a great winger, he could be a world-class wingback.

he'd have to improve his defending, obviously, but as an attacking force from LB (or LWB/LM in a 3421 or so) he could be unstoppable.

At the moment he's nowhere near been a left back though and you compare his performances at left back to left wing and the standard of his play from the wing to left back is huge. He's been so much better on the wing.

Obviously he could end up playing at left back but he would need to improve his defending so much to ever do that. He's got a lot of time on his hand to do that though and it's something i'd be drilling into him on the training pitch while still keeping him at the left wing for a number of years yet until I'm certain he's improved his defending.

To call him only a speed mercehnt is plain and simply retarded though and obviously someone who hasn't seen him play much or is a Premiership hater. His crossing is probably the best in the world to be fair and to be as quick as he is and have the crosssing abailty he does isn't two bad attributes to have in a winger...his passing and finishing are also very good and he workds hard and has tremdoues stamina....He's a class act

ammarfcb

ze special one
At the moment he's nowhere near been a left back though and you compare his performances at left back to left wing and the standard of his play from the wing to left back is huge. He's been so much better on the wing.

Obviously he could end up playing at left back but he would need to improve his defending so much to ever do that. He's got a lot of time on his hand to do that though and it's something i'd be drilling into him on the training pitch while still keeping him at the left wing for a number of years yet until I'm certain he's improved his defending.

To call him only a speed mercehnt is plain and simply retarded though and obviously someone who hasn't seen him play much or is a Premiership hater. His crossing is probably the best in the world to be fair and to be as quick as he is and have the crosssing abailty he does isn't two bad attributes to have in a winger...his passing and finishing are also very good and he workds hard and has tremdoues stamina....He's a class act

i don't think he is good at either positions. but to call him a defender is just wrong. he never plays the role of the defender.
speed is all he has. theres no 2,3 about it. without his speed he is even shitter

ammarfcb

ze special one
I know right. there he goes again.

He thinks all EPL fans, or any fan that rates certain players in the EPL(especially british ones like Bale) better than certain players in La Liga are complete idiots that stereotypically read The Sun, watch SkySportsNews 24/7 to form their opinions of football.

:lol:

im british. i watch sky sports news, but i know how to form an opinion. i watch the epl regularly. coming from a country with a bad league at young age you have to have your la liga team and your epl team so i've always had liverpool as my second team even though i have followed them less day by day recently. i think there are some quality players in the epl. none of them are british though. not because i have anything against the British players, i just know the truth and i can face it. instead of hiding behind some idiotic statements about bale etc being great players

Hatem Ben Arfa

im british. i watch sky sports news, but i know how to form an opinion. i watch the epl regularly. coming from a country with a bad league at young age you have to have your la liga team and your epl team so i've always had liverpool as my second team even though i have followed them less day by day recently. i think there are some quality players in the epl. none of them are british though. not because i have anything against the British players, i just know the truth and i can face it. instead of hiding behind some idiotic statements about bale etc being great players

Bale is not a quality player :lol:

OK you are right then.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So Canto is out for 7 days, Who wants to go next?

It's Saturday, call some buddies or dates boys and have some fun instead of this petty bickering.

ammarfcb

ze special one
images

back on alba:

psychotsek

Will i admire Jordi i believe we have to keep Abi for a coupe of years and let Grimaldo grow to his full potential before using him in the first team.After all he (Grimaldo) has similar playing style and body with J.Alba and wont cost us a fortune.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Jordi Alba > Sergio Ramos.
Definitely not. They're on opposite sides of the scale in terms of defender types for starters. He looks like a useful player, but I'm with everyone who is suggesting a direct replacement for Abidal, and that's not Jordi Alba.

B

barcelonista

Buy Philipp Lahm. Left back problem = solved for 5 years. And then unleash a Masia boy.

Home of Barca Fans