Udinese

thezone

7-0 Against Palermo on Sicily .

The strongest team in Italy the last couple of weeks but considering Barcas and Madrids point drops in the last couple of weeks they should probably be considered one of the best team in the world the last couple of weeks.

And they are playing a very good entertaining football. :amazed:

Ataraxia

They need better side midfielders, a solid CB, and on top of all KEEP THEIR STARS and they'de be a threat. But presumably now they'll make it to the CL, sell Sanchez and Inler, and possibly Zapata and go back to the cycle ( and ofcourse in the process get eliminated from the CL in the qualifying stages next year). They're a small side relatively with an overachieving staff producing huge profits and keeping the club on a top level, but this only entails that they remain in Serie A and achieve respectable ranking in the league not that they will be any threat in the league. Let's say for instance they do sell their top players, they might have a dip in form/results again, and then wait for some young buys they have made to emerge and as I said the cycle over again.

Anyway can't really fault them, they cannot survive without selling their valuable players. At least they are successful at bringing about decent talents, it's just that it's not preferable that they consume the CL spot and impair the league's status.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
They need better side midfielders, a solid CB, and on top of all KEEP THEIR STARS and they'de be a threat. But presumably now they'll make it to the CL, sell Sanchez and Inler, and possibly Zapata and go back to the cycle ( and ofcourse in the process get eliminated from the CL in the qualifying stages next year). They're a small side relatively with an overachieving staff producing huge profits and keeping the club on a top level, but this only entails that they remain in Serie A and achieve respectable ranking in the league not that they will be any threat in the league. Let's say for instance they do sell their top players, they might have a dip in form/results again, and then wait for some young buys they have made to emerge and as I said the cycle over again.

Anyway can't really fault them, they cannot survive without selling their valuable players. At least they are successful at bringing about decent talents, it's just that it's not preferable that they consume the CL spot and impair the league's status.
While you are probably right, you have earned your name as the most bitter pessimist on this forum.

Ataraxia - saving the world one wake up call at a time!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Such a smart game tonight by Udine and well deserved win vs. title challengers without Sanchez and Di Natale. Napoli did look better before conceding but created little afterwards. Poor team spirit I guess.
If I had to pick a player for Barca I'd go for Asamoah.

Ataraxia

leave their players alone man, already Sanchez and Inler ( who didn't celebrate today) are set to go, no need to strip them of the rest as well, lol.

N

nejcf15

S. Handanovič - was bought from NK Domžale, 10k €
C. Zapata - was bought from Deportivo Cali, 500k €
M. Benatia - was bought from Clermont Foot Auvergne 63, 0k
M. Domizzi - was bought from Napoli, 4,5m (probably their biggest flop)
M. Isla - was bought from CD Universidad Católica, 525k
P. Armero - was bought from Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras, 1,2m
G. Pinzi - was bought from Lazio, 0k
G. İnler - was bought from FC Zürich, 1m
K. Asamoah - was bought from AC Bellinzona, 1m
A. Sánchez - was bought from Deportes Cobreloa for 3,5m (-1,15m - loans)
A. Di Natale - was bought from FC Empoli, 100k

12,335 millions for first team squad. their scouts :worthy:

W

woobie

They really do have an amazing scouting system (their full roster is masive; they've got something like 15-20 guys on loan to Grenada).

nejcf, given where you're from, do you ever go to any games at Udine? It can't be too far for you.

N

nejcf15

its like 250 km away of my home, but i've never been there. If they make into CL groups, I'll probably go to Udine and watch some their game :)

they have 13 peoples on loan at Granada and have another ~50 players on loan

W

woobie

You should go sometime -- even if it's not THAT close (for some reason I thought udine was closer than that to slovenia, sorry! My geography not the best). Udinese play pretty entertaining football. :)

N

nejcf15

udinese are on Italy - Slovenia border, but i live closer to Hungary than Italy, so u know geography well. and its 150 km* far away, sorry

X

xaviniesta

wow....thanks for the information!

N

newangelus

Domizzi its good player, in 2007/08 he was the best goalscorer defender, its was bought from Naples because legend says that her wife betrayed him with the goalkeeper Gennaro Iezzo.

Ash1899

Anyone else feel that Udinese doesnt have much of chance of going through to the group stages?

They sold Inler and Zapata already and are on the verge of selling Sanchez. That's three of their most important players.....

Seriously, I have never seen a club with so little ambition like ever. Why bother qualifying for the goddamn CL when you were never gonna take it seriously in the first place? Do they really think that signing a couple of kids as replacements would be enough to get them to the group stages let alone survive it?

Kinda pisses me off that we basically let them qualify for the CL by not fielding a strong lineup nor being interested in winning. Now Italy will be dragged into more shit when these fools predictably get knocked out. A small club qualifying for the CL is a mighty good fairytale but reality is quite different. If you dont have the resources to actually compete in it or are more than happy to sell of your key players at a profit, you have no business being anywhere near the CL. That is why I would have preferred one of Roma, Lazio, or Juventus to get that 4th spot. Heck, even bloody Palermo or Fiorentina (with their retarded management) would have a better shot at the CL than Udinese ever could....

Lemmi

The Reckoner
They will probably buy shrewd, a lot of the mid level Italian teams have a great record for picking up good young talent from abroad in recent seasons.

W

woobie

Udinese have freakishly good scouts and pick up a lot of talent from South America too -- they also have a whole lot of players on loan at Granada. I'm not as optimistic about them getting out of the group stage as I would've been had Inler and Sanchez remained but i'm not ready to stick a fork in them just yet.

Home of Barca Fans