User Tag List

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Raheem Sterling

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has already peaked. The fact that Pep does not rate him enough tells you everything
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Has already peaked. The fact that Pep does not rate him enough tells you everything

Yes, it says that you don't understand football well.

Right now Pep rejects the profile wingers who like to dribble because he wants to protect his team from the opponent's counterattacks.

I don't know whether or not you have noticed, but City is a more pragmatic
    team now.

Sterling didn't have his best season last year. But in previous seasons, he was one of the best players in the league, which is why City gave him one of the biggest contracts.
    Last edited by M3ls; 15th October 2021 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be glad to see him.

But I also want us to take on another young winger.

Sterling alone is not enough.

Faty, Sterling, +1 young winger. (maybe Yeremi Pino).
    Last edited by M3ls; 15th October 2021 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all know you much prefer slower la masia 16 year old kids to play instead. We'll go with that!

Quote Originally Posted by M3ls View Post
    Yes, it says that you don't understand football well.

Right now Pep rejects the profile wingers who like to dribble because he wants to protect his team from the opponent's counterattacks.

I don't know whether or not you have noticed, but City is a more pragmatic
    team now.

Sterling didn't have his best season last year. But in previous seasons, he was one of the best players in the league, which is why City gave him one of the biggest contracts.
    Exactly. Pep's pretty much playing with 9 midfielders now, with the exceptions being Mahrez and Jesus. I'd say the former isn't an out and out winger like Sterling either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "What I want from Raheem and everyone is to be happy - they have to be satisfied to be here, they have to be delighted to be in this club,? Guardiola said.
    "If this is not the case, they are free to take the decision that is best for them - for the players, and their families. This is the most important thing.
    "It?s not just Raheem but all of them want to play every game, 90 minutes but I cannot give them that. I cannot assure them. They have to prove every training session on the pitch and try to be happy there." Eurosport.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly Plus he?s not improved in years .. still has no final ball , still runs into dead ends and can?t trap a bag of cement.

He also has more ?air shots? than anyone in history and somehow manages to scuff some of his shots and even passes .!

Who else scuffs their passes !?!?

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zidane82 View Post
    Exactly Plus he?s not improved in years .. still has no final ball , still runs into dead ends and can?t trap a bag of cement.

He also has more ?air shots? than anyone in history and somehow manages to scuff some of his shots and even passes .!

Who else scuffs their passes !?!?
    He peaked while Sane was still at City, I thought maybe he could make the leap to world class but that leap is not there for all footballers to make

He's a great player but he's not a player to build your team around. Truth is I prefer him to say Dembele but neither are long-term solutions for Barca

Luis Diaz would be ideal but seeing that he's more a left sided attacker that conflicts with Ansu's best position IMHO

If we go for a wide attacker to compliment Ansu and a central forward, I would get Adeyemi
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Valverde Cultist
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    🎙 [Sky Sports] | Pep Guardiola, on Sterling: "I don't want to see unhappy footballers.

There are many teams, many coaches, many options. Call the club and resolve the situation. I'm not just talking about Raheem, I'm talking about any situation.

I didn't know he was considering leaving. He's our player and I hope he continues to be. I cannot assure anyone how many minutes they are going to play, they all have to do their talking on the pitch.

Not only Raheem, but all of them, like Mahrez or Cancelo, who also wanted to play more. I want them to be happy. They have to be happy to be in the club, if they are not they must make a decision.

I cannot assure that they will always play 90 minutes. I am the one who makes the decisions based on what is best for the club, not for the players.

Sterling's contract situation? I am not involved in the decisions about their contracts, that is the club.

Me being a substitute when I was a player? *laughs* I was an exceptional footballer and was never on the bench, so I cannot answer this question."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateka View Post
    "What I want from Raheem and everyone is to be happy - they have to be satisfied to be here, they have to be delighted to be in this club,? Guardiola said.
    "If this is not the case, they are free to take the decision that is best for them - for the players, and their families. This is the most important thing.
    "It?s not just Raheem but all of them want to play every game, 90 minutes but I cannot give them that. I cannot assure them. They have to prove every training session on the pitch and try to be happy there." Eurosport.
    I heard that interview and it looks as though Sterling had burnt all his bridges at City now . I can see him being released in Jan or the summer at the latest .

Valverde Cultist
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " I want to stay but I also want to feel important"

Meh power play to force pep to play him

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    " I want to stay but I also want to feel important"

Meh power play to force pep to play him
    Na ...think he is done now .. with Pep saying he will not stand in his way if he wants to leave

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 changes for City today and lackadaisically they beat Burnley 2-0. If Sterling wanted to impress Pep , after 90 mins on the pitch he did not take the opportunity. MOTM Silva.