Barca and Real transfer balance 2000-2010

Beast

The Observer
Cruyff said that the Ibra-Eto'o deal was fully to blame on him , Pep and Txiki .
to Laporta credit the old dutch said he refused the idea but they pushed for it

Pep is not a pushover to be thrown players at him the way you imply Meta , u add those 3 and the bad part becomes similar to the good signing .
that doesn't take his credit as a manager

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I don't think it's fair to group those 3 signings as some sort of plot that poor Pep was a victim of either. Caceres was because Pep wanted another defender, the club wanted Garay but we were priced out and Caceres was one of the better prospects in La Liga. He didn't fit our system but I don't think it's fair to say Chyg was a victim never given a chance while Martín was just a scrub, both of them were very flawed players who were always going to struggle at first.

I still believe Keirrison was bought for one reason, that was as bait to try and entice Valencia to negotiate with us for Villa. This is speculation on my part but there was stories about Valencia wanting him not to mention Valencia wanting to sell Villa to Madrid if they could get Negredo before out of the blue we signed the kid.

Henrique? I have no clue about that one, blame Txiki all you want for that. :lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Cruyff said that the Ibra-Eto'o deal was fully to blame on him , Pep and Txiki .
to Laporta credit the old dutch said he refused the idea but they pushed for it

orly? didn't know that.

in any case, I'm one of those who was never that hung up about overpaying for Zlatan because I felt we HAD to move on from Eto'o. and frankly the year of playing 4231 only served to recharge the trident. had we kept on playing it last season (and retained the services of Eto'o) I could have seen something similar to 06/07 happening. you can't stand still when you have success.

Pep is not a pushover to be thrown players at him the way you imply Meta , u add those 3 and the bad part becomes similar to the good signing .
that doesn't take his credit as a manager

perhaps you could make a case for Caceres, although given how little he used him I'm unsure. but he always expressed confusion at the signings of Henrique and Keirrison and always said he didn't plan to use them in his squad. I agree that he's not a pushover, they tried to push them on him, but he turned them away which is why their Barca careers have been a succession of loan spells. he never asked for them, so never used them. so their crapulence can't be used against him to "prove" he's bad in the market.

I don't think it's fair to group those 3 signings as some sort of plot that poor Pep was a victim of either. Caceres was because Pep wanted another defender, the club wanted Garay but we were priced out and Caceres was one of the better prospects in La Liga. He didn't fit our system but I don't think it's fair to say Chyg was a victim never given a chance while Martín was just a scrub, both of them were very flawed players who were always going to struggle at first.

Chysus wasn't a "victim never given a chance." he was signed as a long-term project and was unfairly dismissed after a season by a new President on the warpath. he had chances in his first season and his performances ranged from good to awful. in a second season I'm sure he would have improved because his first year had to include adaptation to a new country, culture, language and football style. I can't say the same about Caceres (who only had to adapt to the new football style) not with the same degree of certainty anyway.

what we know is Pep had confidence in Chygrynskiy, something he never had in Caceres. which leads me to believe that, as you say, Pep probably just asked for a defender and was given Caceres. Martin then failed to impress in training so was barely featured. he's clearly not Pep's signing. if he was he'd have been given more chances, like Gleb or Chysus got.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
you have to remember that in the end we gained a decent wedge for chyg back, yes it was 10ME less than we paid but that is a lot better than getting 3ME after 2 (potentially) crappy seasons.

P

PhilS

That's a lot of euros, but the Barca amount is not unreasonable considering the enormous team revenues. Ibrahimovic was an epic financial disaster, and now the club has new management on the business side. I have a feeling the Villa deal will eventually look like one of the best ever. Some current team members might get sold, so Barca can try to find better fits. Selling Toure got lots of cash, and got him to a team where the manager figured out he is an attacking midfielder.

gingerless

stop yer bitchin' already, we won the treble then got 99 points in la liga and almost made it to CL semi... right now we are favourites to win the CL and are playing the best football in the world and boast (arguably) one of the best teams in history.

Beast

The Observer
Damn... almost 1 billion invested and still ain't even close to Barca.... pure loosers :p

As always as insightful as a Bat in the broad day light

10 years , 4 liga each , 1 CL vs 2 Cl... that's after taking off the 2000 CL for us out of the picture

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
As always as insightful as a Bat in the broad day light

10 years , 4 liga each , 1 CL vs 2 Cl... that's after taking off the 2000 CL for us out of the picture
well, to get another CL you spent over 250 milion euros so it must mean something ;) and please include CdR in that aswell haha have no idea on how many we've/you've won but we must have won more. because we are more awesome. and we have busquets.

Beast

The Observer
well, to get another CL you spent over 250 milion euros so it must mean something ;) and please include CdR in that aswell haha have no idea on how many we've/you've won but we must have won more. because we are more awesome. and we have busquets.

Copa Del gay is as important as your breakfast menu for me ;) ... no one gives a damn if it arrives fine if any of us crash out it's never an issue .
Yeah cause we are going to give back the players it's not like those 250 Mil are investment in players expired , they are here for the long term .. lets see how much you will spend to replace Xavi ;)

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Copa Del gay is as important as your breakfast menu for me ;) ... no one gives a damn if it arrives fine if any of us crash out it's never an issue .
Yeah cause we are going to give back the players it's not like those 250 Mil are investment in players expired , they are here for the long term .. lets see how much you will spend to replace Xavi ;)
Stone-Cold.gif

Not important? That's why you field 7 starters against a Segunda B team?

Beast

The Observer
Stone-Cold.gif

Not important? That's why you field 7 starters against a Segunda B team?

That's Jose prerogative of installing seriousness in the squad and keep on the winning mentality .. not for us or the administration nor for you or your management

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
That's Jose prerogative of installing seriousness in the squad and keep on the winning mentality .. not for us or the administration nor for you or your management
Jajajajaja. If it isen't important then there wouldn't be chaos when you dropped out of it last year.

Home of Barca Fans