Fernando Torres

Olsend

Who cares about diving, 99% of footballers involve theatrics in their game to get advantage from it. It is part of football and suddenly Torres is like 'bad guy' because of this? People must be joking.

XaviMessiGirl

Exactly, everyone acts like that at least a few times in their career, it's part of being a footballer. I'm not condoning it but it's the truth. No one dares mention when Messi does something like that because he is loved so much among Barca fans (I am a huge Messi fan too obviously but I'm just using him as an example)

Most of the people attacking Torres are those who already dislike him, they look for things like this to fuel their arguments against him. Looking back on it I think even I sounded a little too critical of him last night, it was a very wtf moment for me plus I'm still frustrated with how he has not returned to form yet. But really, I'm hoping for the best against Portugal, every match I still get excited about the possibility that he will do something. I'm extremely glad that Villa has been delivering but I would like to see Torres 100% back in action too, seeing him still obviously unfit is very disheartening. His head and heart want to play but his body just isn't there all the way I don't think.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Torres is def due a performance... surely it is comign against portugal

ps there is a diff between diving and embelishing a dive... which torres did the latter tbh.. the chile player caught him

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Edward,

I sincerely believe that since you have been following football for some years now,you must have realised by now that world-class players,such as Torres demonstrate a rather pronounced tendency of preferring CL clubs rather than Europa League clubs(for prestige and title-winning mostly)

Plus,I also believe that you must have heard about Liverpool's current financial state,which has become even more precarious owing to the fact that your beloved Merseyside team has failed to achieve at least a 4th spot finish.A 4th spot that you may not recover for the foreseeable future(Manure,Chelsky,Assnal and oil-rich City)...and since Torres is 26 and growing older by the minute(scientific fact)he might as well consider a move to a club worthy of his not inconsiderable talent while he is at it.

From the club's point of view,selling Torres and Gerard may be by far the most efficient and direct option for alleviating economic strain and renewing the team for when the balance of power in the English game will be more favourable...what is the point of holding on 2 frustrated superstars when the best you can do is a Europa League berth....

So we should sell him cheaply?

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
each to their own mate. Just think with the quality of opposition improving, Spain cant afford to carry anyone.

Dont know,Torres's positioning was great in the both matches he started but he only lacked a goal and a goal can get the best out of him,I dont think that Silva or Navas will improve the team more than Torres,remmember that David Villa scored his 3 goals and assisted another one while he was playing on the left side of attack.

Barcafan 2304

Dont know,Torres's positioning was great in the both matches he started but he only lacked a goal and a goal can get the best out of him,I dont think that Silva or Navas will improve the team more than Torres,remmember that David Villa scored his 3 goals and assisted another one while he was playing on the left side of attack.

Fair enough, you have a point there. At any rate, going to be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. I fancy Spain but its going to be one hell of a tussle.

Co0ter

Out of form or not Torres should start. Just him being on the field period opens up so much space for Villa and the midfield. He attracts defenders like gravity- the coach knows this. He should start and Pedro sent in around 60 mins if he's not performing again.

What the coach needs to do is stop starting Sergi and Alonso together in the midfield. The midfield doesn't look anywhere near as fluid as it should, the possession isn't smooth either. I'd prefer one sitting on the bench and Cesc starting, he's hard working and still able to pass the ball well and be a threat.

Hydro2oo9

After the horrible dive the other day and staying down for about an hour like he had been shot, I would never want him anywere near a Barcelona team I'm affriad. No thanks.

It's not the fact he dived, it's the fact he stayed down for about an hour. Even if he was fouled, he shouldn't be staying down for that long. I know he looks like a girl, but it doesn't mean he has to act like one.

He is also not needed at the club, where would he fit in? This is Barcelona, not Real Madrid. Barcelona don't need to buy loads and loads of stars, the team is perfect and top quality young players are coming through the ranks. Villa's joined this summer and then Fabregas would be good, but then what else do the club need? I'd say back-up for right-back and a defensive minded midfielder for if Toure goes and that's it. The club don't need more wingers and forwards and don't need to turn into Real Madrid.

Let Torres join Rafa at Inter Milan.

Who cares about diving, 99% of footballers involve theatrics in their game to get advantage from it. It is part of football and suddenly Torres is like 'bad guy' because of this? People must be joking.

It's not that he dived, it's the fact he went down and stayed down as if he had just recieved a right hook from Mike Tyson. Nobody should be staying down that long and he would have soon been back to his feet in training, whether it was a dive or not.

He's a great player, but he lost all my respect doing that, just like Busquets did against Inter....

Olsend

It's not that he dived, it's the fact he went down and stayed down as if he had just recieved a right hook from Mike Tyson. Nobody should be staying down that long and he would have soon been back to his feet in training, whether it was a dive or not.

He's a great player, but he lost all my respect doing that, just like Busquets did against Inter....

Well you are a bit late, Torres is kinda known for his ability to act for some years :D This dive earned a red card for opponents and helped Spain to win, why you are so furious?

Home of Barca Fans