Luka Modric

jamrock

This madridista bastard is so freaking good it makes me sick, they actually have their own Xavi/iniesta, except he's fitter.

Was a Barcelona fan too, who fucked up & didn't go after him?.

Also goes to show, don't write off a player based on their first season at a club.

serghei

Thought we had labeled him as finished.

Who did? Most here anticipated Madrid is gonna up their level in CL as they always do. Of course at his age he will suffer in a marathon competition like a league. He still has something left in the tank for the big games.

Andresito

Staff member
Who did? Most here anticipated Madrid is gonna up their level in CL as they always do. Of course at his age he will suffer in a marathon competition like a league. He still has something left in the tank for the big games.

Many did after World Cup when Madrid had their slump. "Modric finally slowed down" etc.

serghei

Many did after World Cup when Madrid had their slump. "Modric finally slowed down" etc.

Did before in the league for Madrid then got back to level in the CL. At this point in his career, he seems to be to be focusing on the big games in CL. Smart, but it hurts Madrid in La Liga.

serghei

Modric is a legend of the game already, so is Toni Kroos.

I would say there's quite a big gap between the two personally. Modric is a whole tier above Kroos.

I used to see Modric as some sort of Pirlo, but it's just amazing how well he plays at his age. Impressive, even for a late-bloomer like he is, to still function at a top level in big games.

serghei

I would have it as below, inside the world class bracket:

Xavi
Modric, Iniesta
Kroos, Pirlo
Schweinsteiger, Scholes & some others.

Based on the central midfielders I've watched often. Unlikely to change.

serghei

There could be a case that Kroos, Pirlo, Schweiney, Scholes are all part of the same tier after the 3 greats. Not much separating them, but I feel Pirlo stood out more at an International level for Italy than the others.

There could be a case that Kroos, Pirlo, Schweiney, Scholes are all part of the same tier after the 3 greats. Not much separating them, but I feel Pirlo stood out more at an International level for Italy than the others.
for me there's no sugarcoating anymore,Modric is hands down #1. I am Croatian though.

Messigician

Modric is a great player, he could be a good cover for Xavi/Iniesta in games of lesser importance, so we can rest our big guns for important matches... Many underrate him, but I have a feeling he would do good at Barca... It's his favorite team afterall. The only thing I don't like is huge transfer fee, he's worth something in 20 mil. € range, not more.. But, this are just rumors, I don't think there's anything more to that...

Rare W

Home of Barca Fans