Luka Modric

KingLeo10

Most likeable player from RM, and probably the only one in the recent years :lol:

Living legend. Xavi, him, Iniesta, ZZ is the creme de la creme of midfield of the last 25 years.

Morten

His longevity might make him greater... at longevity. Doubt anyone can match Xavi at his best though.

As the overall package, Modric is the closest I've seen to Xavi class.

I have Iniesta over both tbh, as far as peak goes.
You want someone to win a big game for you, Iniesta is the one.

serghei

I have Iniesta over both tbh, as far as peak goes.
You want someone to win a big game for you, Iniesta is the one.

Yeah, a big game in which Xavi plays CM. There's a reason Spain were done after Xavi was done. I don't think Iniesta would fare that well in a counter attacking team. And Barca / Spain were able to dominate and pass so well in possession mainly thanks to Xavi.

It's close, between the 3, but I'd take Xavi, then Modric - Iniesta on same level.

Say they would be in the same team. You'd need a DM, then Xavi would get in first as the engine, and you'd pick one of Modric or Iniesta as the AM.

Last edited:

Morten

Yeah, a big game in which Xavi plays CM. There's a reason Spain were done after Xavi was done. I don't think Iniesta would fare that well in a counter attacking team. And Barca / Spain were able to dominate and pass so well in possession mainly thanks to Xavi.

There is a reason Iniesta was MOTM in so many final, not Xavi, he is just a more clutch player.

I might take Xavi in general, but not when everything is on the line, Iniesta is one of the best big game players ever.

serghei

There is a reason Iniesta was MOTM in so many final, not Xavi, he is just a more clutch player.

I might take Xavi in general, but not when everything is on the line, Iniesta is one of the best big game players ever.

Attacking players are usually more clutch, because they play higher up. It's why forwards and attacking midfielders usually win the BD. Doesn't mean they are the most important players in those games. Messi and Xavi were most important players for their teams back in the day.

And if we could bring any of them back at Barca at 24-25 years old, I'd also take Messi and Xavi in this order.

Home of Barca Fans