Luka Modric

serghei

I don't mind, as long as the coaches starts giving him some rest now and then, as i repeat every summer.

Yeah, on the other hand, Madrid's elite mentality is club-based not as individual as you'd think. Stems from the top, from your President, fans, all the way up to the players in general. You guys lost your two leaders in Ramos and Ronaldo and now Benzema has taken the mantle for example.

I bet if you lose Modric and Kroos, someone else will replace them well. The club just shapes leaders well. Spend 4-5 years at Madrid and you either man up or they kick you out. They don't carry scared softies for years and years.

Don't know what Xavi was talking about saying Barca is the hardest club to play at. It's obviously Madrid. Barca would never sell likes of Ozil except for peanuts after they've kept him for 3-4 more years and drove him into his laziest self.

Last edited:

Morten

Yeah, on the other hand, Madrid's elite mentality is club-based not as individual as you'd think. Stems from the top, from your President, fans, all the way up to the players in general. You guys lost your two leaders in Ramos and Ronaldo and now Benzema has taken the mantle for example.

I bet if you lose Modric and Kroos, someone else will replace them well. The club just shapes leaders well. Spend 4-5 years at Madrid and you either man up or they kick you out. They don't carry scared softies for years and years.

It was supposed to be Bale, but he became a golfer instead.

Kroos is more replacable than Modric anyway, thats one i don't fancy extending tbh, but he has signaled he might just retire when contract ends next year, lets see.

Andresito

Staff member
Can you think of a duller conversation between two players than one with ter Stegen and Kroos? Both of them seem so boring.

Temptation

One year contract extension for him. Real are so ruthless and efficient. If this was say Man United they'd get all emotional and offer him a 3+1 year contract as a Mickey Mouse esque mascot even after his decline.

This is why they win so much. The fans and the board simply don't tolerate mediocrity even at the expense of looking like "bad fans" to the rest of the world. Admiring. This is also why Chelsea were so successful consistently under the trigger happy Roman. Ruthlessness works for big clubs.

FinBarcelonafan

Why Iniesta and Xavi couldn't do this at same age? Too many miles in their legs?

Modrics longevity is truly amazing. He still has crazy motor on him.

Home of Barca Fans