Ronald Koeman

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some people don't get the state of the club. Barca is so broke that it could end up as f* Rangers. Glory days are over.

I think you're a bit too pessimistic.

This season has been quite enjoyable so far. We're playing nice football, developing youth and still competing for a double.

Can't say what will future bring but with those things I mentioned plus change of president, I am content and quietly optimistic.

FinBarcelonafan

I think you're a bit too pessimistic.

This season has been quite enjoyable so far. We're playing nice football, developing youth and still competing for a double.

Can't say what will future bring but with those things I mentioned plus change of president, I am content and quietly optimistic.

True. Double would be insane achievement for the team. All the trouble we had to go through this season.. that would be dream come true!

soul24rage

True. Double would be insane achievement for the team. All the trouble we had to go through this season.. that would be dream come true!

Yeah, honestly Koeman exceeded my expectations.

A domestic double while rebuilding the team with a lot of new young players, playing good football and keeping the veterans happy would be an incredible achievement.

KingLeo10

Yeah, honestly Koeman exceeded my expectations.

A domestic double while rebuilding the team with a lot of new young players, playing good football and keeping the veterans happy would be an incredible achievement.

It's also going to take about 85 + points (closer to 90 actually) to win LL which means that it will be a hard fought and deserved win to whoever it goes to.

Joan

Maybe it's just me, but 3 at the back with and without de Jong in the middle - night and day.

kattanib

Moooooo. I like you sir, but man I don?t trust your tactical reads of the game .. that being said, you are exactly what we need at this phase in our transformation and growth and you have been doing great. Showing trust and growing young players, and treating players as equal. That is something that the past few managers failed to do

Porque

Koeman: "Mingueza's substitution wasn't for my anger. It was to have Frenkie on the right and also to give Umtiti minutes."

Koeman will say that to the media, but will apologize to Mingueza in person. He will make sure Riqui and only Riqui sees it as a final test of his Riqui leaks theory.

Andresito

Staff member
The best word to describe him is NAIVE.

- How he manages players when they do something he doesn't like (Mingueza & Puig).
- His tactics during games. When being down, subbing on as many offensive players as possible. Also changing formation 2-3 times during the game, despite the score, thus interrupting our flow.
- The way he expresses himself in media, often blaming others. Saying things without thinking.

What's admirable though is that he doesn't take any crap. He goes on with his own race, for good or worse.
As a coach I think he's limited, tactically he's far from the top. He's somewhat a worse version of Lucho.
But I think his rough managing style can be good for our youngsters and oldies as he imposes a lot of respect. Basically a good temporary manager during this transition.

Needs to learn to read the game as well as Valverde

You mean getting absolutely teabagged by Roma and Liverpool while playing a defensive approach and only then bring panic offensive substitutions when the score is 0:3 and 0:4 and you are basically knocked out? Yeah, pretty good read.

freetocan

I fully agree with you Andresito. His overreaction to Mingueza was totally awkward and harsh. I never saw a couch reacting like that. And Mingueza played absolutely incredible well most o the matches.
I do not like this couch at all. I believe that he he did not have a clause in his contract that Barca has to pay him penalty if he would be sacked, Laporte would have get rid of him. Barca is in very bad financial situation and this is the reaso he will continue another year till finish the contract. But again, I do not like his tactics at all.
Most of the time Barca exaggerate with a lot of passes backs. At some moment their play look boring. If Messi would not be here to break the rhythm, it would be so boring. They create impression that forget the meaning of the game: to score. Too many lateral do back passes. We have just one player to shoot, Messi and some times Dembele. We should play more on wings and cross back in the box for a coming player to score.
Again, almost no shoots outside the box. Not sure what this couch see from the side. We will be lucky enough to get la Liga with this coach but Real is in much better position to get it. The reason: they have couch but not better players comparing to Barca.
I really like Pedri for his passing game, but he forget that when you get in front of goal you have to score. Even with an empty goal he would look to pass to somebody else. I believe that Messi will not be angry at all if somebody else would score instead of him.

mc_lovin

I fully agree with you Andresito. His overreaction to Mingueza was totally awkward and harsh. I never saw a couch reacting like that. And Mingueza played absolutely incredible well most o the matches.
I do not like this couch at all. I believe that he he did not have a clause in his contract that Barca has to pay him penalty if he would be sacked, Laporte would have get rid of him. Barca is in very bad financial situation and this is the reaso he will continue another year till finish the contract. But again, I do not like his tactics at all.
Most of the time Barca exaggerate with a lot of passes backs. At some moment their play look boring. If Messi would not be here to break the rhythm, it would be so boring. They create impression that forget the meaning of the game: to score. Too many lateral do back passes. We have just one player to shoot, Messi and some times Dembele. We should play more on wings and cross back in the box for a coming player to score.
Again, almost no shoots outside the box. Not sure what this couch see from the side. We will be lucky enough to get la Liga with this coach but Real is in much better position to get it. The reason: they have couch but not better players comparing to Barca.
I really like Pedri for his passing game, but he forget that when you get in front of goal you have to score. Even with an empty goal he would look to pass to somebody else. I believe that Messi will not be angry at all if somebody else would score instead of him.

Guardiola was much harsher.

Bit of a non story though. I dont think theres any bad blood. And people here complain about our weak mentality when blowing things like this up (which is soft as fuck).

Home of Barca Fans