Ronald Koeman

JamDav1982

Excuses about squad depth are indeed exaggerated here, simply because overplaying your main players is the worst option you can choose. So even if the squad isn't all that, which is true nu doubt, you still can't burn out your starters in fucking January. So, does he has mitigating circumstances? Yes. Was his solution crap? Yes.

Now he has to rotate in real competitions, or risk injuries and fatigue pilling up. Put himself into a corner expertly really. Don't even want to think about a possible fuck-up vs Cornella. That would seal his fate for me.

Koeman has a bad tendency to marginalize and mistreat the players he doesn't like for some reason even at the expense of fucking up his own team. Get over that ffs, because it's not a luxury we can have atm. Every fresh pair of legs in the squad should be called into action. Should've happened already months ago.

He hasnt got a history of marginalising players 'for no reason' at expense of own team just because doesnt like them.

Koeman is working with no money in a squad in transition and glaring gaps in quality. Yet folk like to make out he is sabotaging team just because doesnt like players....

fergus90

He hasnt got a history of marginalising players 'for no reason' at expense of own team just because doesnt like them.

Koeman is working with no money in a squad in transition and glaring gaps in quality. Yet folk like to make out he is sabotaging team just because doesnt like players....

The only exception to that was Niasse at Everton, who became somewhat of a cult hero because of his treatment and the breakdown of the relationship between Everton's fans and Koeman.

Not that Niasse was a good player though but the whole situation poisoned the waters somewhat.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Ale?a also was defending Koeman even though he lost his chance to play for Barca under. Saying it?s not true Koeman abandoned him.

JohnN

Dembele would be sub at least and Steigen would be starter

Dembele would be super sub but wouldn't fit tiki taka that well

Forgot MATS, he could probably be a starter, but our keepers were pretty top class anyway.
About Dembele, I don't even see him in the squad list for easy games, let alone first 11.

JamDav1982

The only exception to that was Niasse at Everton, who became somewhat of a cult hero because of his treatment and the breakdown of the relationship between Everton's fans and Koeman.

Not that Niasse was a good player though but the whole situation poisoned the waters somewhat.

He most likely bombed Niasse as he is shit and not for 'no reason'.

Players will protect themselves.Who knows how much truth there was in what Niasse said and only one side of story but he was not bombed for no reason.

fergus90

He most likely bombed Niasse as he is shit and not for 'no reason'.

Players will protect themselves.Who knows how much truth there was in what Niasse said and only one side of story but he was not bombed for no reason.

Yeah, no idea what happened there really. Seemed like Everton and Koeman was just a bad fit for both parties ultimately.

tacticvarium

Honestly, I feel bad for managers in the current football world.
The majority of big teams are full of joke level players who would have never played there 10, 20, or 30 years ago.
The level of football is so, so low it makes me difficult to watch football passionately nowadays.

BarcaOG

Banned
should not be this hard to beat a team like cornella, no offense...

then again, real is out, athletic struggled, atletico is out, in germany bayern is also out (of the cup)

wonder whats behind this trend?

Horatio

You're welcome
Lol...watched the post match comments. Fun stuff. Koeman was very critical of the team saying how he was angry that they took it to extended time and shouldve killed the game before. Then after that Lenglet appears and is putting everything in a very positive light.

#differenceinmentality

Edit bonus: Was asked how he felt about being the captain. His response: "happy, happy. We all know I am not a captain but...."

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Atletico wins La Liga and we take the Cup in this transition season without having a president and establishing some great prospects, I'll be very happy. :cool:

Home of Barca Fans