Ronald Koeman

Horatio

You're welcome
Koeman saying in interview that he wants to stay. Barcelona is his home. Also said not fair people will only look at the prizes because so much can change in a single week.

He is truly living his dream job.

Horatio

You're welcome
Koeman saying in interview that he wants to stay. Barcelona is his home. Also said not fair people will only look at the prizes because so much can change in a single week.

He is truly living his dream job.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is the perfect Barca man. He was the one who won us the first Champions Cup and he is back now, long overdue. Humble, calm and confident.

Copa is here, we're still fighting for La Liga, we're playing kids.

Now rewind back in summer of 2020. Barca complete mess, noone talks about winning trophies.

Thank you Koeman, now keep the course.

FinBarcelonafan

He is the perfect Barca man. He was the one who won us the first Champions Cup and he is back now, long overdue. Humble, calm and confident.

Copa is here, we're still fighting for La Liga, we're playing kids.

Now rewind back in summer of 2020. Barca complete mess, noone talks about winning trophies.

Thank you Koeman, now keep the course.

Good point. Koeman seems to fit the situation. His presence alone has been very positive and calming. He has done good job.

Yet, this was massive win for him and for the team.

Barcilliant

He inherited a squad and club whose spirit was broken. He has managed to revitalize us while developing youngsters, playing attractive football AND WINNING.
Yet people complain.
He deserves another season and board should back him with good signings.
Thank you Koemander!!!

Marshall D Teach

Absolutely deserves another season. We're still in transition and he's shown that he's the man for that.

We need better showings in big games next season though. I'm not sure if he's the guy to truly take the team to the next level. If he wants a third season he needs to show that he is.

Bobo32

https://twitter.com/JoeToulan/status/1383547528331763713

Koemanball ladies and gentleman. People running off the ball to create passing options. Quick passing. Nobody looking tired going into minute 70.

62 passes preceding goal.
I like a patient buildup and picking the safe option more than anybody, but this is 62 passes with the ball returning to the back line once and again without ever having threatened the opposition, the wingers recieving with their back against the goal only to pass it back, Dest trying halfheartedly to dribble against 4 men without any good passing option on the flank, passing back to a player passing back, and then once again the same thing a minute later. Dull, slow, unthreatening and predictable play. Much to improve upon!
In the first half it looked like that same way a lot, and I only remember them coming through two times with good combinations after hard passes from Busquets and Messi. Then the weak opposition got more tired in the second half and the game was easily won.

It's nice that they don't try to force the play, but many times they chose bad options in that sequence, Busquets the only one to really improve the position a few times, the other players just pointlessly recycling until Alba and Griezmann won a 2v2 and Alba found Messi the same way he's been doing for 8 years or so, under any manager.

What a pass from Busquets at the start!

Vilarrubi

Chilling.

EzP1joVUcAEebjS

Porque

I like a patient buildup and picking the safe option more than anybody, but this is 62 passes with the ball returning to the back line once and again without ever having threatened the opposition, the wingers recieving with their back against the goal only to pass it back, Dest trying halfheartedly to dribble against 4 men without any good passing option on the flank, passing back to a player passing back, and then once again the same thing a minute later. Dull, slow, unthreatening and predictable play. Much to improve upon!
In the first half it looked like that same way a lot, and I only remember them coming through two times with good combinations after hard passes from Busquets and Messi. Then the weak opposition got more tired in the second half and the game was easily won.

It's nice that they don't try to force the play, but many times they chose bad options in that sequence, Busquets the only one to really improve the position a few times, the other players just pointlessly recycling until Alba and Griezmann won a 2v2 and Alba found Messi the same way he's been doing for 8 years or so, under any manager.

What a pass from Busquets at the start!

It is 3-0 at that point though. No need to force the action, just wait for the space and Bilbao mistake as they need to get the ball back.

Bobo32

It is 3-0 at that point though. No need to force the action, just wait for the space and Bilbao mistake as they need to get the ball back.

I agree. I will not be impatient with impotent play like that even if it's 0-0 or 0-1, if they keep the ball it is at least OK.
But I don't think it deserves being pointed to as excellent play, and counting the number of passes is a bit disgusting.

JohnN

I agree. I will not be impatient with impotent play like that even if it's 0-0 or 0-1, if they keep the ball it is at least OK.
But I don't think it deserves being pointed to as excellent play, and counting the number of passes is a bit disgusting.

It was a pretty good, controlled play.
Not high octane or anything but good nonetheless.

Home of Barca Fans