Ronald Koeman

Bobo32

Are Neymar, Aguero and Depay better than Griezmann, Brathwaite and Dembele though?

I would personally want to retain a pacy option like Dembele, but he has to work with us regarding his contract renewal.

Neymar, Aguero and Ansu is extremely worrying regarding injury potential however.

Maybe they are, slightly, but are they worth it?
Neymar comes with many potential problems, but sure he is a great player, so for the right money he can be good for a few years, maybe!
Aguero would be a good sub for 1-2 years
Depay is just mediocre or outright bad and will demand playing time. Play Peque instead! Stop bringing shit players from the outside.

It may be good to have a pacy option once in a while, but why not use Konrad on 1/10th of Dembeles wage instead?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Are Neymar, Aguero and Depay better than Griezmann, Brathwaite and Dembele though?

I would personally want to retain a pacy option like Dembele, but he has to work with us regarding his contract renewal.

Neymar, Aguero and Ansu is extremely worrying regarding injury potential however.

I would say they are 20% better but in two years aguero and neymar are too old and we will get worse than now i think. So this is a short term idea and has nothing to do with rebuilding.

Birdy

what would have happened if messi didn't get out of his start of the season slump?

Flip that:
What would have happened if Messi had not gotten in that slump at all? Which was honestly not a slump, but playing with 10 players.

Probably the league would have been sealed by now

malvolio

Flip that:
What would have happened if Messi had not gotten in that slump at all? Which was honestly not a slump, but playing with 10 players.

playing with 10 players? as in messi was so bad that it didn't matter if he was on the field or not? stop posting rubbish.

maybe i forgot how our other world class were scoring for fun at the beginning of the season :lol:

Nazario1985

Flip that:

Without Messi you seals shit. and this has been the case since a decade.

If we stay with KR after Messi leaves be prepared to early 2000's era again.

Birdy

If Messi was sitting on the bench from Sept to Dec, we would have earned 6-10 more points in the league then.

But forget about that.

You didn't get what I said.
I said I Messi had been playing from Sept to Dec as he has been playing from Jan to now, we would have sealed the league definetely by now...
No question..
Messi's 'unhappiness' costed as a lot

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Messi was sitting on the bench from Sept to Dec, we would have earned 6-10 more points in the league then.

But forget about that.

You didn't get what I said.
I said I Messi had been playing from Sept to Dec as he has been playing from Jan to now, we would have sealed the league definetely by now...
No question..
Messi's 'unhappiness' costed as a lot

Yes.

We would have totally won more points playing Braithwaite or Ousmane 'To the MOON' Dembele.

The fact that a very poor, demotivated Messi was our top goalscorer back then apart from an injured Ansu speaks volumes about this squad when it comes to our chance creation and goalscoring options. Griezmann has done much better in the second half of the season, but he wasn't exactly lighting it up earlier either.

serghei

I think we have lost the feeling of what it's like to have a great manager overseeing things since Pep, so that every single average manager who has some redeeming qualities is instantly seen as great. In reality, when you look at the managers that other teams have, we just missed the mark big time in the last decade.

Not since Guardiola do I have the feeling we have a manager that is capable of outsmarting the competition in terms of tactics, motivational aspects, squad planning, and man-management, etc. Some of Madrid's managers since then, like Zidane and Ancelotti, are in a different league to anything we got in the last 10 years.

Post Messi, we'll need to do everything to secure a top-class manager that can compete with the best, or else we'll drop off considerably. That's the only way we can come back imo, as I don't like our chances of building up a super team made of Haalands and Mbappes that can win despite being led by a decent to good manager.

For example, Guardiola had everything figured out except failing to deal with some quality big egos and being uninspired with transfers (especially on defensive positions). Everything else was spot on, tactics, true to Barca's style, player rotations, big-game performances, young players being promoted and developed properly, winning mentality, you name it.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think we have lost the feeling of what it's like to have a great manager overseeing things since Pep, so that every single average manager who has some redeeming qualities is instantly seen as great. In reality, when you look at the managers that other teams have, we just missed the mark big time in the last decade.

Not since Guardiola do I have the feeling we have a manager that is capable of outsmarting the competition in terms of tactics, motivational aspects, squad planning, and man-management, etc. Some of Madrid's managers since then, like Zidane and Ancelotti, are in a different league to anything we got in the last 10 years.

Post Messi, we'll need to do everything to secure a top-class manager that can compete with the best, or else we'll drop off considerably. That's the only way we can come back imo, as I don't like our chances of building up a super team made of Haalands and Mbappes that can win despite being led by a decent to good manager.

For example, Guardiola had everything figured out except failing to deal with some quality big egos and being uninspired with transfers (especially on defensive positions). Everything else was spot on, tactics, true to Barca's style, player rotations, big-game performances, young players being promoted and developed properly, winning mentality, you name it.

Agree, since Pep we havent got a worldclass coach. Lucho was the best of them but even he isnt topclass. Klopp would be a fantastic coach.

SmilerBam

So what do you guys believe if he fails to win La Liga? Should he remain? My opinnion is NO, we almost lost all the important games this season and tnh, is not like our other contenders are packed with quality...La Liga is on a very,very big slump quality wise in the last year. The Copa is nice, but not enough for a club like Barca, even in transition. So in my eyes, the only thing that should keep him in the job should be the title.

Marshall D Teach

This is Lucho erasure dawg.

The rest may have been mediocre, but that doesn't excuse the mental collapses from the players. I don't care if you have a traffic cone on the bench, you don't cry at halftime at 1-0 down.

Farripas

So what do you guys believe if he fails to win La Liga? Should he remain? My opinnion is NO, we almost lost all the important games this season and tnh, is not like our other contenders are packed with quality...La Liga is on a very,very big slump quality wise in the last year. The Copa is nice, but not enough for a club like Barca, even in transition. So in my eyes, the only thing that should keep him in the job should be the title.

I don't like our future long term with him, title or not, i think he sould go. But i guess no president is gonna make that decision, unless a prior "love" is available. If Laporta wants Xavi and Xavi is available, maybe. MAYBE. But regardless, only the title can save him, but even then...i want him gone.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The rest may have been mediocre, but that doesn't excuse the mental collapses from the players. I don't care if you have a traffic cone on the bench, you don't cry at halftime at 1-0 down.

The 4-0 was embarrasement, regradless who sits on the bench. Still cant believe how we lost but its difficult if you have a GK who cant save one shot.

serghei

Let's see Lucho without the greatest trio ever assembled all at their peak shall we?

Home of Barca Fans