Ronald Koeman

Bobo32

There is a pretty strong takeaway from this game that adds on the top of the other empirical observations of the last 2 months:

-> 3-5-2/3-4-3 works against good and top sides. Evidence so far says Yes when we faced PSG, Sevilla (2x), Sociedad. That's it.
Vs Osasuna it did the job, but we didn't create enough in that game.

-> But it does NOT against the common fodder of LaLiga and Europe. Wasting the 1st half tonight against a well-drilled double-decker bus says a lot.
It happened again vs Huesca at home. We struggled a lot in that first half too, and Koeman shifted to 4-3-3 at some point in the 2nd half which worked.
Another instance, the game vs Eibar at home in December when Koeman experimented with 3-5-2 in the 1st half, we created 0 and got threatened on the counter.
Then he reverted to 4-3-3, we created some, but there wan't enough time left.

I haven't yet come to any conclusive account on why this happens, it probably has to do with how the fullbacks/wingbacks commit when going forward and change numerical superiority. There is a tight balance there.

Based on the observations above, I think Koeman should go with '3 at the back' in the following games: RM, Villareal, Valencia, Atletico, with Levante being a question mark
All the rest should be 4-3-3/4-2-3-1

4-2-3-1 never worked what I saw.
3-4-3 worked ok some games nevermind the opponents but I think too much is taken away from those games against Sevilla and PSG - there are always many factors and I think Sevilla was primarily beaten mentally and maybe physically and that PSG didn't really play that game.

I prefer one more midfield player on always. If there should be three attackers or three central defenders can depend. Frenkie is better as a defender, and it's better if Busquets doesn't drop too deep too much, also WBs can possibly be a bit more free with 3atb. And Barcelona don't have so many good attackers...

messi2140

6racies Xavi
When clowns are allowed to ask questions.

vCx5hWb.png

Vilarrubi

It’s now Koeman’s Dutch voodoo black magic.

Been too many comebacks and last minute goals recently to ignore it.

Birdy

4-2-3-1 never worked what I saw.
3-4-3 worked ok some games nevermind the opponents but I think too much is taken away from those games against Sevilla and PSG - there are always many factors and I think Sevilla was primarily beaten mentally and maybe physically and that PSG didn't really play that game.

I prefer one more midfield player on always. If there should be three attackers or three central defenders can depend. Frenkie is better as a defender, and it's better if Busquets doesn't drop too deep too much, also WBs can possibly be a bit more free with 3atb. And Barcelona don't have so many good attackers...

Worked emphatically against Real Sociedad as well. Which means it worked against the most difficult sides we faced the last 2 months.
If it works against RM, the case is closed

I said months ago Koeman nicked Zidane's necronomicon. Guys wouldn't believe me.

Saturday is the big test.
If Koeman makes it, he would have stolen Zidane's necronomicon once and for ever

Last edited:

Messigician

Valladolid were missing 12 players to covid and nearly pulled off a result at the Camp Nou.

Not good enough. Your home record has to ineocoe or you won't get another year Koeman , big games coming don't fuck it up.

SmilerBam

He’s out injured yeah.

That is great news.I hate the dirty rat rat,but he is a great leader and always shines in these games.Plus,he is a dirty fecker,so you his main objective will be to injure Messi,as always.Glad he is out.Hopefully his absence will mean they are out of the CL aswell and if we beat them,out of the title race.

Home of Barca Fans