Ronald Koeman

Richard.H

Went out 4-4 and 3-4 on aggregate with individual errors resulting in eliminations. We have Navas in both legs we get through easily.

Vs losing 8-2 with Vidal playing as a winger in a 442 lol

I don't give a crap about Cuckien and wasn't talking about him. I am comparing RK to your master tactician Valverde. A tactically average or above average coach should be able to defend a 2 goal and 3 goal lead. Statistically the chances of even losing a 2 goal lead or 3 goal lead in 2-legs are low, I am guessing somewhere below 10 % or 15 %. We basically became a CL outlier statistic, for all of the wrong reasons, under EV.

Messigician

I don't give a crap about Cuckien and wasn't talking about him. I am comparing RK to your master tactician Valverde. A tactically average or above average coach should be able to defend a 2 goal and 3 goal lead. Statistically the chances of even losing a 2 goal lead or 3 goal lead in 2-legs are low, I am guessing somewhere below 10 % or 15 %. We basically became a CL outlier statistic, for all of the wrong reasons, under EV.

Cool and emery threw away a 4 goal lead. Carlo threw away a 3 goal lead in 6 minutes with a stacked ac Milan side.

Shit happens in football, the point is we were competitive.

vinni

Yeah I agree this episode is dull. But I was talking about the whole series, not just this clip. It's good and gives insight on how top level clubs work.

Yeah i figured so. Ill hopefully get the time to watch it. I enjoyed Matchday when it was released

bismp

Cool and emery threw away a 4 goal lead. Carlo threw away a 3 goal lead in 6 minutes with a stacked ac Milan side.

Shit happens in football, the point is we were competitive.

Shit happens in football :lol: It is what it is :valverde2:

We were competitive because we had prime Messi who was hungry for another CL. The Valverde apologists' excuses are laughable.

In 2018 we played against mediocre Chelsea,who finished 5th, 30 points behind the top :lol: We were saved by a Messi masterclass in the second leg. Then we played against fucking Roma who finished 3rd in Italy,almost 20 points behind the top. We won 4-1 and then everyone knows what happened.

We also won the League,which is Valverde's only real achievement. Real was completely uninterested for La Liga that year, but I'll give it to Valverde for winning the league comfortably, despite playing horrible football.

That's the reason everyone was willing to give him a second chance,despite the Roma fiasco,which admittedly was up to that point the worst elimination of the last few decades.

Then, in 2019 we needed yet another Messi masterclass to beat Lyon. Then we played against ManU(we were lucky that PSG was eliminated) who finished 6th in EPL, 32 points behind the top :lol: :lol: I really doubt we would have gone through had it not been for another GOAT performance from Leo. And then we were extremely lucky to beat Liverpool 3-0,because everyone who watched the game,knew that it was a balanced game. Salah and Mane would be absent from the second game. This was literally one of the biggest chokejobs in football history,even worse than the Remontada. We even trailed only 1-0 at half time. It was unthinkable that we would go out.

And the funniest thing is that came just one year after Roma :lol: Yet another Valverde disasterclass and humiliaton

As for La Liga, Real experienced its worst season of the past few decades and Atletico is...Atletico. While we had prime Messi. Anyone would have won that title and that is a FACT .

Finally, Valverde gave us another gift,by losing the CDR final lol

As for 2020, the situation cannot be described with words...

Barcilliant

Shit happens in football :lol: It is what it is :valverde2:

We were competitive because we had prime Messi who was hungry for another CL. The Valverde apologists' excuses are laughable.

In 2018 we played against mediocre Chelsea,who finished 5th, 30 points behind the top :lol: We were saved by a Messi masterclass in the second leg. Then we played against fucking Roma who finished 3rd in Italy,almost 20 points behind the top. We won 4-1 and then everyone knows what happened.

We also won the League,which is Valverde's only real achievement. Real was completely uninterested for La Liga that year, but I'll give it to Valverde for winning the league comfortably, despite playing horrible football.

That's the reason everyone was willing to give him a second chance,despite the Roma fiasco,which admittedly was up to that point the worst elimination of the last few decades.

Then, in 2019 we needed yet another Messi masterclass to beat Lyon. Then we played against ManU(we were lucky that PSG was eliminated) who finished 6th in EPL, 32 points behind the top :lol: :lol: I really doubt we would have gone through had it not been for another GOAT performance from Leo. And then we were extremely lucky to beat Liverpool 3-0,because everyone who watched the game,knew that it was a balanced game. Salah and Mane would be absent from the second game. This was literally one of the biggest chokejobs in football history,even worse than the Remontada. We even trailed only 1-0 at half time. It was unthinkable that we would go out.

And the funniest thing is that came just one year after Roma :lol: Yet another Valverde disasterclass and humiliaton

As for La Liga, Real experienced its worst season of the past few decades and Atletico is...Atletico. While we had prime Messi. Anyone would have won that title and that is a FACT .

Finally, Valverde gave us another gift,by losing the CDR final lol

As for 2020, the situation cannot be described with words...

Accurate analysis.
Shitverde brought in the lax, entitled culture and we paid for it.

bismp

Actually,I honestly think that losing a 3-goal lead two years in a row won’t ever happen again,for real.

Congrats to EV i guess :valverde2:

Rassvet

how did Koeman do hanging on to our lead in that final group game vs Juve? PSG also put 3 goals past Koeman's Barca within 35 minutes of us taking the lead in that tie. At least our collapses under EV were limited to knockout stage away matches. Koeman has us crumbling in home matches, group stage matches, Clasicos, and possibly even multiple cup finals in one season vs fecking Bilbao.

Last edited:

Richard.H

how did Koeman do hanging on to our lead in that final group game vs Juve? PSG also put 3 goals past Koeman's Barca within 35 minutes of us taking the lead in that tie. At least our collapses under EV were limited to knockout stage away matches. Koeman has us crumbling in home matches, group stage matches, Clasicos, and possibly even multiple cup finals in one season vs fecking Bilbao.

Not comparable. Squad in 18 and 19 was better and Messi was having his third best season in 18/19.

Messigician

Without the double he's gone folks I guarantee it

📰 [Cuatro🥈] | Koeman will not have a vote in the signings as his continuity at the club is not assured; Laporta will make all the decisions

malvolio

Not comparable. Squad in 18 and 19 was better and Messi was having his third best season in 18/19.

you could also say that opposition is weaker. weaker la liga overall + juventus is kind of shite now. psg is the only improved team from 18/19.

vegitot

But did they do it year after year like Valverde?

Because that takes a Masters in Spontaneous Combustion.

Ac Milan 2003/04: Won 4-1 over Deportivo then lost 0-4 in the second leg.
Ac Milan 2004/05: Led 3-0 in the first half then lost to Liverpool in the final. This Liverpool side could not even finish in top 4 btw.

03/04 to 04/05 is year after year, i believe.

Last edited:

vegitot

Interesting that many consider De Jong, Pedri, Dembele and all of new players are superior to Barca's player during 18/19 like Vidal, Rakitic, Suarez, Roberto, Arthur...

Home of Barca Fans