User Tag List

Page 367 of 469 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 7023

Thread: Ronald Koeman

  1. #5491
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,784
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His football is getting stale. He shows the signs of a mediocre coach, which he most likely is and will never improve on it. We play useless impotent keepball against most serioius opponents still relying on 40 year old Messi to bail us. He did a decent job of rejuvenating the team and getting out of even more bad situation than we were, but that's his limits. He is abysmal tactically against any top tier opposition and makes stupid substitutions all the time. I'd rather he'd went after this season.

  2. #5492
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,212
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnidrologist View Post
    His football is getting stale. He shows the signs of a mediocre coach, which he most likely is and will never improve on it. We play useless impotent keepball against most serioius opponents still relying on 40 year old Messi to bail us. He did a decent job of rejuvenating the team and getting out of even more bad situation than we were, but that's his limits. He is abysmal tactically against any top tier opposition and makes stupid substitutions all the time. I'd rather he'd went after this season.
    Yea, I mean the whole thing is about making the team competitive at the top. Which he shows no sign of being able to do. We're always expected to beat the weaker sides, this is the bare minimum as Barca's manager, and even in this register, he had quite a few dud results.

    I mean, with the points Madrid and Atletico lost, if he was at least very consistent vs weaker sides, he'd have won the league. But even here he fucked up. He seems to have a problem in important games even against weaker sides, and this also shows his limits.

  3. #5493
    Senior Member
    clemente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,774
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not going anywhere, we are so desperate for money we took the Superleague deal, can only hope he will somehow improve next season.

  4. #5494
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,018
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koeman screwed up the LaLiga opportunity so badly, that we all turned into Victor Font.
    FCB11

    ----Long ball to Martens----
    Pass left to Martens-Pass forward to Martens-Left foot to Martens
    Pass back to Martens-------------------------------Cut back to Martens
    ----Through Ball to Martens -----
    ---Ignore shot and pass to Messi---Backheel to Martens---
    ----I am Martens----1-2 with Martens----

  5. #5495
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    10,366
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that baffles me most is... He switched sistem for the RM game... Didn't work. Kept the same system in next few games... We won, but they were not convincing victories (except Getafe, who had 1 shot on target). Still went with the same system. Lost against Granada... Still the same system.

    Before he used to explore options and switch things up. Now, he goes for the same thing over and over again, while having a vendetta againt some of the players, which results in 0 rotation.
    "It's not sport if it doesn't matter if you lose."

    Pep Guardiola, 2021.

  6. #5496
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laporta needs to act and sack him at the end of the season but finding a much better coach isn't an easy task in the circumstances.

  7. #5497
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    31,800
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: United States
    Well now that Laporta is back Pep will return because he loves the club and only thing that kept him away was Sandro/Barto.

    No?

  8. #5498
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    12,978
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Allegri lol, I once saw a Lazio - Juve match 0-0 with him as a manager and it was the only match I remember seeing with 0 shots on target from both sides. Man is one of the most boring conservative managers you can get.

    Wenger is the only one who can play good football out of the 3. With the other two it's like watching paint dry.
    True, might as well sign Valverde back.

  9. #5499
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    12,978
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    The thing that baffles me most is... He switched sistem for the RM game... Didn't work. Kept the same system in next few games... We won, but they were not convincing victories (except Getafe, who had 1 shot on target). Still went with the same system. Lost against Granada... Still the same system.

    Before he used to explore options and switch things up. Now, he goes for the same thing over and over again, while having a vendetta againt some of the players, which results in 0 rotation.
    Good point. We've been awful the past 4-5 matches.

  10. #5500
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    1,184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    what 'form' in 2021? Missing 1v1 chances against Granada at home? Completely inconsequential in matches against Atleti and Real--matches that, had he been 'in form' (whatever that means in this case), would have won us the league?

    Yeah--no. Scoring against mickey mouse clubs while failing to win the must-win matches: that ain't 'good' form. If that's good form, christ, I don't even want to imagine what bad form would be.
    this comment perfectly describes antoine griezmann

  11. #5501
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    8,155
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    I think we all have underrated wenger, we laughed that arsenal is always fourth under him and now look where they are after he left them.

  12. #5502
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,023
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joan Laporta isn’t fully convinced about Koeman. He thinks he struggles preparing matches and he’s not won any big games this season. [@gerardromero ]



    Here we go.
    #TerStegenOUT

  13. #5503
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,544
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't see an overall system, a philosophy on how he wants us to play, so I don't have much hope.

  14. #5504
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,831
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrock View Post
    I just don't see an overall system, a philosophy on how he wants us to play, so I don't have much hope.
    All fair points, but at least Koeman's 3-5-2 has been a somewhat decent life line for our abysmal squad, even winning a title. I am fairly in the Koeman out camp, but its not really an easy decision. To his credit he made it a rather hard one.
    Last edited by mc_lovin; 9th May 2021 at 02:02 PM.

  15. #5505
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    668
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep up the 3-5-2.

    Umtiti, Lenglet, Pique.

    keep warming the bench with fresh legs.

    Double this season and UCL the next.

Tags for this Thread