Ronald Koeman

jairzinho

He tried to rotate and it backfired spectacularly, due to choice of personnel, like umtiti and Bob. The team also didn't even get out of first gear, we were too lackluster and lethargic, especially for a game of this magnitude. Really thought the players would step up knowing we were playing for first place but they never showed up. There was hardly any intensity or urgency about our play at all. Demvele, Dest and Pedri should have been introduced along sooner even at 1-1, subs came way to late. But losing to Granada at home especially being 1-0 up and at this stage of the season is a huge punch in the nuts.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Win then hand RM liga tittle. Just when you don't need win the most.

Why would we be handing Real Madrid the title if we beat Atletico? Unless if you are saying we will drop points against Valencia, Levante and Eibar and Real Madrid won't drop any points when they play Sevilla, Granada, Athletic and Villarreal?

Atletico can also easily win the league if they win all the other games (not unlikely at all) and lose to us, if we drop points.

vegitot

Why would we be handing Real Madrid the title if we beat Atletico? Unless if you are saying we will drop points against Valencia, Levante and Eibar and Real Madrid won't drop any points when they play Sevilla, Granada, Athletic and Villarreal?

Atletico can also easily win the league if they win all the other games and lose to us, if we drop points.

If both teams win all remaining games then RM is the Liga winner, beat Barca twice already.

khaled_a_d

I perfectly accept it being a transitional season but all I see is the old guard getting picked whenever they're available. It's like 1 step forward 2 steps back.

When you have a president who say there is no transitional seasons in Barca, manager will will always drift to the old guards who won this title plenty of times.
That is one thing I hated from Laporta, love the winning mentality but sometimes you have tbh with what you have

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If both teams win all remaining games then RM is the Liga winner, beat Barca twice already.

I know that, however I think both teams will likely drop points and not win all the remaining games.

Atletico's path to the championship is still quite clear.

vegitot

I know that, however I think both teams will likely drop points and not win all the remaining games.

Atletico's path to the championship is still quite clear.

Yeah. That's why i said it is hard to know who you cheer for in Barca vs Atletico.

Many cheer for RM when they played vs Atletico ugh.

vegitot

When you have a president who say there is no transitional seasons in Barca, manager will will always drift to the old guards who won this title plenty of times.
That is one thing I hated from Laporta, love the winning mentality but sometimes you have tbh with what you have

But when the tittle can be in your hand, the transitional season is not really a good excuse. This is Barcelona after all.

khaled_a_d

But when the tittle can be in your hand, the transitional season is not really a good excuse. This is Barcelona after all.

tbh, Koeman could be the victim of his own success.
No one expected us to win Liga, everybody wanted to see a youth transition.
He did that quit well tbh, but he knew that he still needed to deliver results here and that is when he drifted to the veterans more than he should.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Whether you are in a transitional season or in one where you are chasing trophies relying on this version of Roberto and Umtiti is a really bad decision.

Altomonte

My conclusion: Messi is still so important for Bar?a success that he needs to be fresh and at his best to succeed.
However, La Liga inboth 2020 and 2021 required too many games without enough rest. As long as coaches insist on playing Messi for 90 minutes, we will get similar results.
Of course it's not helpful to have an unreliable GK and defense.

vegitot

tbh, Koeman could be the victim of his own success.
No one expected us to win Liga, everybody wanted to see a youth transition.
He did that quit well tbh, but he knew that he still needed to deliver results here and that is when he drifted to the veterans more than he should.

Barca is always expected to fight for the tittle. Only after historical bad start, people wanted a better youth transition.

Just like you mention above, Laporta said there is no transition, it is win or lose. Pep said something similiar.

This is Barcelona after all, weakened but not Ac Milan level.

Home of Barca Fans