Ronald Koeman

Windhook

BBZ's Choir boy = saint. Iniesta we might agree was nothing near bully on and off the pitch. Nice guy overall. But I disagree completely, BBZ has this tendency to jump into conclusions without getting the whole picture.

I recommend if you haven't watched the Amazon Prime series "All Or Nothing" about Pep's Man City and Mourinho's Tottenham to get some insight how those managers inspire their players pre-game and at half-time. I can say that seeing some locker room footage of Xavi at Al-Sadd reminds me a lot of Pep's passionate team talk and instructions.

snowy

I guess Alba is a textbook Alpha chad. :lol: :lol:

From now on Ill start calling him Jordi Alpha. :coffee:

:lol: good one! :yes:

About the coach leadership thing, it also depends on the players. If a player is naturally competitive, why'd he needs a coach or a teammate yelling at him or urging him on? Might even have the opposite effect in some cases specially with hard-headed players!

Take someone like Iniesta for example, he's so damn likeable I'm sure lots of players would even push the extra mile so as not to let him down. He's got that quiet elegance that just inspires respect.

On the other hand, if some A-hole goes apeshit and starts yelling at players like Eder Sarabia, then he could even face mutiny and end up walking the board.

khaled_a_d

Pretty simple. Emulate Pep and Lucho.

They were both few years younger than current Xavi, and working in elite club on Qatar is much bigger job than being 3rd division coach ib Spain, maybe even bigger than Segunda (better paid for sure).

Xavi is actually more proven as a coach than Pep for example, when he coached first team while coaching a team in 4th division while signing players from higher level leagues

vinni

BBZ's Choir boy = saint. Iniesta we might agree was nothing near bully on and off the pitch. Nice guy overall. But I disagree completely, BBZ has this tendency to jump into conclusions without getting the whole picture.

I recommend if you haven't watched the Amazon Prime series "All Or Nothing" about Pep's Man City and Mourinho's Tottenham to get some insight how those managers inspire their players pre-game and at half-time. I can say that seeing some locker room footage of Xavi at Al-Sadd reminds me a lot of Pep's passionate team talk and instructions.

I bet you are right, but that pep talk from pep didnt inspire me at all. - we play to win a game, but we cannot loose it - lol.

Messigician

🇪🇸 At RCD Espanyol de Barcelona, Pochettino was made manager just a month after receiving his UEFA Pro Licence and was tasked to save them from relegation, he did and changed them into a solid mid-table La Liga team.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 At Southampton FC, he needed to establish them in the Premier League. He beat Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool in his first six months. In his first full season he led them to their highest league finish in 11 years, of 8th, and was crucial in development of stars like Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw and Morgan Schneiderlin.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 At Tottenham Hotspur, he took them from pretenders to serious contenders. A League Cup final in his first season, a highest-league since in 26 years in the second season. A highest-ever Premier League points tally and highest league finish in 54 years the next season. Masterminded a miracle run to their first ever European Cup final and established talents like Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen.

🇫🇷 PSG - Paris Saint-Germain trusted Pochettino to take them to another Champions League final. Only starting in January, he's ended FC Barcelona's run of 13 consecutive quarter-finals and ended FC Bayern M?nchen's 19 game unbeaten run in the competition. They held leads from both first legs which has also been a problem at the club whilst stars Neymar and Mbappe are dazzling

Respect Mauricio Pochettino 👏👏

Barcilliant

���� At RCD Espanyol de Barcelona, Pochettino was made manager just a month after receiving his UEFA Pro Licence and was tasked to save them from relegation, he did and changed them into a solid mid-table La Liga team.

�������������� At Southampton FC, he needed to establish them in the Premier League. He beat Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool in his first six months. In his first full season he led them to their highest league finish in 11 years, of 8th, and was crucial in development of stars like Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw and Morgan Schneiderlin.

�������������� At Tottenham Hotspur, he took them from pretenders to serious contenders. A League Cup final in his first season, a highest-league since in 26 years in the second season. A highest-ever Premier League points tally and highest league finish in 54 years the next season. Masterminded a miracle run to their first ever European Cup final and established talents like Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen.

���� PSG - Paris Saint-Germain trusted Pochettino to take them to another Champions League final. Only starting in January, he's ended FC Barcelona's run of 13 consecutive quarter-finals and ended FC Bayern M?nchen's 19 game unbeaten run in the competition. They held leads from both first legs which has also been a problem at the club whilst stars Neymar and Mbappe are dazzling

Respect Mauricio Pochettino ����

How many titles has he won?
He's a very good manager but there are still question marks with him.

Windhook

I bet you are right, but that pep talk from pep didnt inspire me at all. - we play to win a game, but we cannot loose it - lol.

Yeah I agree this episode is dull. But I was talking about the whole series, not just this clip. It's good and gives insight on how top level clubs work.

Messigician

Champions league was winnable for us this year.

All Koeman had to do was lose 2-0 to a shit Juventus and we would be in semis:)

I'm still upset over that and it had shaken my belief in Koeman.

Barcilliant

Champions league was winnable for us this year.

All Koeman had to do was lose 2-0 to a shit Juventus and we would be in semis:)

I'm still upset over that and it had shaken my belief in Koeman.

No, it was not winnable this year. Too many old players and alot of raw youngsters.
2018 and 2019 were winnable but Shitverde fucked it up.

Richard.H

Was very winnable Madrid, Chelsea not very good and we dominated PSG

Except for 3 or less players, this Barca squad isn't as good as Bayern Munich, City, RM, or PSG. Most people know that. Also most people know that RK isn't a good tactictian.

Could you say the same for Barca vs AS Roma in 2018 or Liverpool in 2019? Where was your master tactician there?

Messigician

Except for 3 or less players, this Barca squad isn't as good as Bayern Munich, City, RM, or PSG. Most people know that. Also most people know that RK isn't a good tactictian.

Could you say the same for Barca vs AS Roma in 2018 or Liverpool in 2019? Where was your master tactician there?

Went out 4-4 and 3-4 on aggregate with individual errors resulting in eliminations. We have Navas in both legs we get through easily.

Vs losing 8-2 with Vidal playing as a winger in a 442 lol

Home of Barca Fans