Ronald Koeman

Barcilliant

People calling for Koemans head but really he is so limited by the resources.
Umtiti is finished, Pique is old. Lenglet would not make the Stoke bench. Three of our first team CBS are crap. The goal keeper Mats fakes confidence but really doubts himself.
The finishing is also poor from the forwards and the midfield needs a proper fucking enforcer not lightweights like De Jong, Pedri and sloth Busquets.
Maybe if we gave Koeman some players he'd be able to do something. I doubt Xavi or Naglesman would do any better.

Messigician

🎙[ @maticatradio ] Lluis Canut (journalist and close friend of Koeman): ?As far as Laporta is concerned, Koeman is not his coach, he is the coach of the previous board. I do not see an official statement from the president to the coach.? 👀🚨

It's done
Wow

Rory

I'd be fine with Koeman leaving if we also had an obvious replacement and a large transfer budget to implement a sporting project that fits that manager. We don't so we shouldn't move on.

Porque

🎙[ @maticatradio ] Lluis Canut (journalist and close friend of Koeman): ?As far as Laporta is concerned, Koeman is not his coach, he is the coach of the previous board. I do not see an official statement from the president to the coach.? 👀🚨

It's done
Wow

Twitter Thots and Pol I Tics.

FinBarcelonafan

I'd be fine with Koeman leaving if we also had an obvious replacement and a large transfer budget to implement a sporting project that fits that manager. We don't so we shouldn't move on.

True. Right now we need someone who can give us confidence and keep the boat floating.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It is. Naggelsmann or Xavi next for me. Either from the summer or most likely from 2022. Depends on how Koeman finishes the season, if he wins the Cup I'd keep him for another year.

You mean copa ? Copa should be safe, for me he needs to win all la liga matches from now therewith he can have another chance, otherwise its time for the maestro.

snowy

Hope TinTin stays another season.

If Flick joins the NT, than Bayern would definitely push hard for Nag. Pay Leipzig the 10 mil fee and he's theirs. Think our chances of getting Xavi are greater.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even if he stays they have to do something with the way this team is structured.

We have no goalscoring threat apart from Messi. No winger with pace that can actually dribble the ball with control and cut in from the flanks. The way this squad is structured is ridiculous.

Dembele cannot dribble a cone before losing the ball unless he got acres of space and Trincao is relatively slow. Forget Griezmann and Ansu has been injured for a while.

Alright I understand Dembele didn't turn out as expected, but what the fuck is this squad building? It's like the idiots built this team for the 1970s.

fergus90

I'm not overly surprised that Laporta isn't committed, I'd also not be terribly upset to see him go provided we either bring in someone with proven quality or a young coach with huge potential and ideas about playstyle, as well as back that manager to get the players he needs to implement it.

Having said that, I am a big fan of what Koeman has done, the development of the youth has been very good and the matches have been 1000 times more aesthetically pleasing than they have been for some time. He has been perfect to manage the transition from a washed-up team to developing some key players for the future potentially.

However, even as an admirer of his, I don't really know if he has the managerial tools to really take us to the next level and implement a play-style and identity that this team requires long term. Regardless of what happens he will always be a club legend and ended up steadying what looked like a terrible season at first into an enjoyable ride.

Devils

I'm still amazed at how easily he gets schooled by top teams.

Real Madrid, Atletico, PSG, Juve.

Barca have looked like a relegation level side during large parts of the game against these teams. That first half against Real, they could have had 4 or 5 goals.

Koeman is way out of his depth.

This Barca side isn't amazing by any means, but the ease at which top clubs rip us apart is just comical.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Laporta publicly supported Koeman in his inauguration speech.

Some of you are really childish believing some Twitter rumors.

fergus90

Laporta publicly supported Koeman in his inauguration speech.

Some of you are really childish believing some Twitter rumors.

Lets be honest he's hardly going to slander the coach of the first team in front of him at his inauguration is he.

Furthermore, the guy who originally reported it lluis Canut is close to Koeman. With how Barca politics are, I wouldn't be surprised if Laporta wants to distance himself from Bartomeu's Barca as much as possible and bring his own man.

I'm not one to lap up football rumours, but don't find this overly farfetched.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans