Ronald Koeman

Rory

So if you want Koeman gone you have a small football IQ... ok. Do people who believe this also believe that the only thing that is wanted is for him to simply go? Or for there to be an adequately chosen replacement instead? I thought that was a given that would be understood.

Wanting Koeman gone should we suffer another ucl embarrassment in the same manner as previous seasons is a valid opinion. Messi, Busquets, Alba, Pique, Lenglet and Coutinho can go too. Absolutely fine.

If he can turn the tie around or at least win the match in Paris maybe there's some hope he's not totally flawed. But so far we've lost or drew against any half decent team. You don't measure the success of a manager at Barcelona for their results against teams outside the champions league places.

Kubala

Surprised a bit but furious with Koeman.

I knew it was over as soon as he put Pique in the lineup. I have also lost just about any respect that I had left for Pique. It was unbelievably selfish for him to campaign so much on social media about how hard he is working on his recovery so he could be in this game. Imagine throwing away your teams entire season just so you can placate your own ego.

That's harsh. He tried his level best to be fit and ready for a big game he knew his team would need him in. Koeman, for all his flaws, understands defenders as he played there. If he played Pique after being out for so long it's because he had no faith whatsoever in the alternatives.

behindbrowneyes

If Aruajo was fit he would have started for sure. RK took a gamble on starting Pique and it backfired tremendously to say the least. He was probably banking on Pique providing some experience and leadership but the guy hadn't started in months. To be fair though, it's not like the alternatives (Mingueza and Umtiti) were any better.

In midfield, Busquets was a calamity which isn't surprising but the alternatives don't give any comfort to be honest. Maybe a combination of Frenkie-Pjanic-Pedri/Puig would have fared better but by how much? In any event i think we would have been steamrolled in the same fashion because our players cannot win duels. From open play, aerially or on the ground, defensive transitions and especially set pieces. It is a fundamental problem with this team.

Even if you try to establish some control with possession there will be always moments where you have to suffer when the other team is in possession and our players can't cope with that. All the games that we've lost now, Juve, Bayern LFC, PSG etc once you up the ante on this team, we pretty much fall flat.

If you look at PSG for example, Veratti was able to establish some control but the important thing is there was also an enforcer in Gueye and also Paredes who is a combative player that can push forward aswell. Every team has this element to it. we are the only ones with neat and tidy players in midfield, not that there's anything wrong with that but you need some balance and also some defensive discipline.

Up front? We needed a 9, to hold the ball up, create space with runs, give Mariquinhos and Kimpembe something to think about, make them work, shithousery etc. There was no one who could provide that sadly.

We can talk about CBs, Busquets, defense all we want. We all know the issues of them.
What really hurts are those amateurish tactical mistakes from Dembele and Griezmann right before the 1-1 and 1-2. How can you overlook your fullback in a CL game? Fuck, it wasn't even a counter and them being in superior numbers. They just didn't do what they should do when their fullback is attacking. That's basic stuff. You can get beaten in a dribbling, but you can't let your fullback roam around like it's non of your business.

Rory

Starting a midfield with Busquets in against PSG was just bound to fail. PSG have Gueye and Paredes who both run like madmen all game. Verratti will also do his fair share, win tackles and move in between lines to receive the ball. Buquets can't deal with that. Just because there aren't any obvious alternatives does not mean a different player shouldn't be used. Understanding the tactics and capabilities of PSGs midfield would mean starting strong runners/pressers in midfield to a competent coach

raedkuwait

After Rome loss i lost all confident in EV and knew he was dumb and was totally wrong for barca, after yesterday loss same way i think with koeman now, every thing he did was wrong, its not only that, ok its ok to gamble and play the wrong players, but every one and i mean every one could see that we where suffering in defence and midfield, to wait that long to make any subs is just plain stupid and shows that he is very bad, he should have made at least 3 subs by half time.

Potroh

The only difference between you and this forum's userbase is your word count and delusions of grandeur. Really, tell me one thing you've said in the past few pages that hasn't been said multiple times already? If the extent of your knowledge is just a variation of what's countlessly repeated (albeit with verbiage) here, then it's not really as impressive as you think.

Hope you do not think that whenever I reappear for a short time (and you would immediately say something ridiculous, regardless of what I merely tried to share) that I would spend my time on admitting to you that I'm an idiot, who indeed just repeats himself and others, but you - the great kickboxer - who stands in the red corner (between two bloody rounds) is the anointed one with the power of justice.
Your 1828 meaningless, highly biassed and empty messages will speak for themselves...

One can only learn from your inputs, whom you adore, whom you hate, thus that content is too little and too uninteresting to discuss anything upon these bases.
Just as I'm hardly interested in the quantity of your stomach-acid, I'm similarly uninterested in your comments, until those contain something about the game, something that you seemingly know too little about, hence the personal attacks and spitting out the undigested content.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Hope you do not think that whenever I reappear for a short time (and you would immediately say something ridiculous, regardless of what I merely tried to share) that I would spend my time on admitting to you that I'm an idiot, who indeed just repeats himself and others, but you - the great kickboxer - who stands in the red corner (between two bloody rounds) is the anointed one with the power of justice.
Your 1828 meaningless, highly biassed and empty messages will speak for themselves...

But you are repeating yourself, over and over again. Your posts have exactly the same content as they did last year. Exactly the same criticisms about squad building, lineups; the same ramblings about the low IQ football forum you're above of; how everything is just not stimulating enough to interest you; how you're so much more knowledgeable than most users here; how everyone is so aggressive, while you're busy being passive and openly aggressive to others (lol); how you only come here once in awhile because everyone bar a few users here just don't understand the game. The exact same content, lol. I just think it's funny you persistently complain about others repeating themselves when you're constantly guilty of it. Perhaps it's the old age?

A post-doctorate doesn't hang around with a bunch of undergraduates just so he complain about how stupid they are, and just how they fail to stimulate his interest. He hangs out with his peers instead. Why don't you do that? There are so many football forums (though not as active) with a vested interest in the more nuanced aspects of the game. Why not go there, instead of constantly complaining how uninteresting we are? Lmao.

Also your edit is yummy. No need to be that angry over an uninteresting bloke like me, you edited just so you could tell me how much you don't care. :lol:

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned

One can only learn from your inputs, whom you adore, whom you hate, thus that content is too little and too uninteresting to discuss anything upon these bases.
Just as I'm hardly interested in the quantity of your stomach-acid, I'm similarly uninterested in your comments, until those contain something about the game, something that you seemingly know too little about, hence the personal attacks and spitting out the undigested content.

lol go away you pretentious prick, why you dont you apply to work for FC Barcelona as a member of the coaching staff since apparently you are some kind of tactical mastermind

Birdy

Surprised a bit but furious with Koeman.

I knew it was over as soon as he put Pique in the lineup. I have also lost just about any respect that I had left for Pique. It was unbelievably selfish for him to campaign so much on social media about how hard he is working on his recovery so he could be in this game. Imagine throwing away your teams entire season just so you can placate your own ego. Him and La-la-la-la-Lenglet should be playing their last CL games for this club.

But again, Koeman should have had the balls to stand up to Pique and it is confusing to see him treat Puig this way but bend over immediately to Pique and it shows that when push comes to shove, he is just like EV and Setien in this regard and that is extremely disappointing.

On the pitch for me we sorely lack leadership at the back. No one was commanding, organizing and leading by example back there and in almost all of these humiliations, it is our defense completely falling apart. It is like building a house without a basement, the entire house collapses as soon as it faces any sort of resistance.

Basically now, despite the good work he has done overall, it continues to be under minded by Koeman?s record against quality opponents. Unless we win the CdR, he will probably leave. It has been a terrible situation to walk into and he did the best he could, he is better than EV and Setien but we needed to show something against PSG, even a 2-2 draw would have been acceptable all things considered. But to get blown out like this yet again is simply unacceptable and he made critical mistakes against Paris that sadly have ruined much of the good work he has done.

Pimienta has a really good track record of developing talent, all I will say. There are other options besides Xavi.

Pique is first and foremost responsible for that embarrassment, and secondarily Koeman. This case is not a 'having the balls to do it' case.
Just because he didn't have options at all at CB position. He does not trust Lenglet and Umtiti much, and he assumed Pique might be better than them.
Wrong of course, but I can't blame him more than Pique.

As time goes by I am more convinced that Xavi, Pimienta, or any coach that tries to resemble Pep 08-12 tactic will be a disaster for the club.
It's the exact opposite this team needs atm. Clearing out the old guard of course, but also addressing the needs of modern game, learning how to play with intensity for a few years. Incorporate players like Winaldum at CM instead of another silky passer like Puig.
The team needs to be rebuilt and evolve

fergus90

Pique is first and foremost responsible for that embarrassment, and secondarily Koeman. This case is not a 'having the balls to do it' case.
Just because he didn't have options at all at CB position. He does not trust Lenglet and Umtiti much, and he assumed Pique might be better than them.

As time goes by I am more convinced that Xavi, Pimienta, or any coach that tries to resemble Pep 08-12 tactic will be a disaster for the club.
It's the exact opposite this team needs atm. Clearing out the old guard of course, but also addressing the needs of modern game, learning how to play with intensity for a few years. Incorporate players like Winaldum at CM instead of another silky passer like Puig.

A lot of the elements of todays successful sides incorporate a lot of the characteristics of Pep's Barca. The 6 second pressure rule, actual cohesion in the press, positional sense with the ball and possession with intent. This current Barca does not have any method it tries to adhere too. It's just a mess with a mixture of profiles who have been assembled by a Sporting board who've had about 6 different perspectives on what the teams has needed the last 6 or 7 years.

I do not have any idea what Xavi will be like, it is impossible to say right now, depends on what players come through from the youth teams and what targets are identified as suitable for the next manager and his philosophy. One thing I will say though, that Al Sadd side do play some attractive football, scoring goals for fun. Yes it's Qatar, but if he can get some Qatari footballers with 20% of the talent of some of these European players, playing a certain way then he deserves to be given a real chance.

akaranzo

I disagree. We can replace old, out of shape players with younger ones who can actually run while still having a silky passing style. Our current problem is Busquets, Pique, Umtiti, Pjanic and even Messi who just don't have the legs to do a high-pressing style anymore that needs to work alongside the possession based football. Changes need to be made, but we don't suddenly have to turn into a counter-attacking long ball playing team. We can keep our identity, if we lose that we're just another faceless club.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I have to say our bench was garbage against PSG, we need atleast 2 good players who could make a impact if they come in. Only Puig was avaible and we know that Koeman doesnt really trust him. We have no money and need players LOL. Should have sold Messi last season for 200mio or something, not because Messi is our (main) problem but we need fucking money !!

fergus90

I have to say our bench was garbage against PSG, we need atleast 2 good players who could make a impact if they come in. Only Puig was avaible and we know that Koeman doesnt really trust him. We have no money and need players LOL. Should have sold Messi last season for 200mio or something, not because Messi is our (main) problem but we need fucking money !!

The majority of our starting line up was also garbage let alone the bench. 7 of those players in Tuesdays game were beaten 8-2 just a few months back.

serghei

My take is, relax, this is normal. Drop all the veterans and start again. There's not one veteran out there who leaves it all on the field and leads by example. Drop al, start again, no matter how long it takes.

Home of Barca Fans