Ronald Koeman

iniestaGOAT

If they are going to struggle how about us. Both Militao and Alaba are streets ahead of our cb. Hell, even Nacho is way better and he's just a back up.

The hell they are not. Our defense is shambles but I would take Aruajo lenglet over Militao and alaba.

If laporte comes its over

Messigician

Roberto Mancini made an interesting substitution in the 89th minute today.

He took off goalkeeper Donnarumma and sent 34 year old Salvatore Sirigu on.

The thinking behind this was his regret. Mancini was taken to the World Cup in 1990 by Italy and never played one game.

He still calls this his biggest regret of his career. 💔

What a classy manager. 👏🏻

Mancini next year please he's world class

JerseyAddict

Roberto Mancini made an interesting substitution in the 89th minute today.

He took off goalkeeper Donnarumma and sent 34 year old Salvatore Sirigu on.

The thinking behind this was his regret. Mancini was taken to the World Cup in 1990 by Italy and never played one game.

He still calls this his biggest regret of his career. 💔

What a classy manager. 👏🏻

Mancini next year please he's world class

World class move. Great thing to build connection with players. It shows how much you care. And they will be gratefull and give it all for you.

There was a thing in Cro NT. We were playing vs Brazil in an opening match at Maracana at WC. We had an brazilian player Eduardo. Our coach Niko Kovac didn't give him one f* minute. He could sub him in at last minute or something. He knew how much emotion that brings to Eduardo. And we were cathing up the result.

Porque

Should of started him. :coffee:

Now he is going to be the "I went to Euro2020 and all I got was a measly minute" guy instead of the "I went to Euro2020 and had the best seat in the stadium" guy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The 3rd keeper who doesn't get to play even a single minute

983470.jpg

Andresito

Staff member
My guess is that we'll see the return of 4-2-3-1. Our current squad has the potential to be flexible. Not a lot of players are clear starters so form will play a big part in the lineups.

But at the same time, it'll probably take 3-4 months until we have a set gala XI.

An option Koeman surely will try in the league is to play Ansu, Messi, Depay and Griezmann together with Frenkie and Pedri or Busi behind them.
I doubt he'll bench Pedri so Busi will probably be phased out slowly and play max once per week.

mc_lovin

4231 only makes sense to force every attacker into the lineup. It's shit - or has been shit last season. If Koeman goes back to it he hasn't learned his lesson.

FinBarcelonafan

4231 only makes sense to force every attacker into the lineup. It's shit - or has been shit last season. If Koeman goes back to it he hasn't learned his lesson.

True true true. This only works if you have City model and every player presses/defends. We have Messi, thats one man down already, then you add Aguero etc. It doesn't work with Barcas mentality/roster. Leaves you way too vulnerable defensively.

Barcilliant

4231 can be a very flexible formation. You can use it for a more defensive counter attacking style or it can be more adventurous. It depends on the players available and the manager. I don't think I've ever seen a defensive 433. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Birdy

My guess is that we'll see the return of 4-2-3-1. Our current squad has the potential to be flexible. Not a lot of players are clear starters so form will play a big part in the lineups.

But at the same time, it'll probably take 3-4 months until we have a set gala XI.

An option Koeman surely will try in the league is to play Ansu, Messi, Depay and Griezmann together with Frenkie and Pedri or Busi behind them.
I doubt he'll bench Pedri so Busi will probably be phased out slowly and play max once per week.

4-2-3-1 would probably happen for many games,
simple because Messi cannot be on the wing of a front 3 any minute without totally disrupting any balance of the team.

Then I hope Griezman will not be here, or that he will be permanently on the bench, and we will see
Depay and Ansu on the wings with Kun upfront, and when Dembele returns Dembele also on the wing with Ansu or Depay up front.

Frenkie and Winaldum behind was Koeman's plan,
so it's questionable how he would go now.

4-3-3 might be the case for more difficult games, with Messi as false 9 and 2 wingers.
In that case Frenkie, Pedri and Busi or new midfielder will all play

Home of Barca Fans