Ronald Koeman

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think Rodgers is also an excellent coach but so is Martinez. One thing for certain is that he's far superior to Koeman. Everton were just badly hit with injuries and aging players after his first season but we played great football for that first season.

brendan rodgers? Have a bad feeling about him.

Devils

Brendinho Rodgers may leave Leicester to come to Barca.

Barca is is dream club.

Legendary manager. Will become our new Cruyff.

khaled_a_d

People really painting Brendan "choke the title or top 4" Rodgers as our savior?

:mou:

People are really harsh judging coaches tbh. It is either you are a Pep/Tuchel level of coach or you are some sort of fraud.
Brendan has done great job building very decent teams that really over achieved their abilities. There squad last year was never better than the top 4 teams, the same is true in his Liverpool run, Chelsea had the better squad hands down.
I am not denying he is a choker, but if we are being honest he is a step in the right direction for us.
Fairly proven coach who has actually worked in big clubs (and not ancient either , will be 49 mid-season) who play decent football but still different from what we usually have.
Big change to our philosophy but not entirely opposite of it.
Doubt we will win big unless we build a far superior squad than our opponents, but he will improve us.

That being said, I might prefer a gamble on a younger coach like Gallardo

Devils

Brendinho is literally a top 5 manager in the world.

Man is out here having Marc Albrighton playing tiki-taka football.

Bring him to Barca and Barca fans will be in for a footballing masterclass.

Klysmakabouter

This team would get murdered on the flanks. Even more so than it already does.

It s basically 5-2-3 in defense, 4-3-3 in offense. Don t think the flanks is the biggest riskfactor, would rather think that aerial defense will be a problem because De Jong, Mingueza. Alba and Dest are lacking in height.

Last edited:

JohnN

I would compromise for someone who has ONE attacking plan, instead of cross like there is no tomorrow from minute 1.
Koeman might be considered average but I see lower than average with the tactics on display.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This man is the easy scapegoat as mediocre as he is... We can't fire players, we can't kick out the president, so let's pin it on him...

Like hiring a top coach is going to make De Jong faster, or Braithwaite is going to start banging goals left and right, or Busquets and Garcia are going to learn to defend, or Dembele and Umtiti are going leave the infirmary one day, or Coutinho is going to show some balls...

The only thing a new coach will do is buy Laporta some time, serve as an excuse for a new project and and a plea for patience to the fans...

Home of Barca Fans