Ronald Koeman

Total-Football

100% truth.

Truth. But also some type of captain obvious truth by koeman.

More pertinent questions: what does it serve to say this shit openly? Is it supposed to lift the players spirit to tell them outright u are either an old fart and a clueless newbie.. What does the message convey exactly? Would that shit boost the Confidence of the players or what? Is is supposed to motivate the players or is it some egotistical self-defense? Those are the pertinent questions.

wisconsincule

If we cannot get a better replacement than why spend the money and fire him.

That money needs to be invested in the squad- not on another mediocre manager.

Devils

Koeman is just trying to play victim lmao.

Even with Messi, last year he couldn't win a single big game.

Oh and yeah PSG and Bayern have better squads than Barca but even those mid-table and lower mid-table clubs in Ligue 1 and Bundesliga put up better fights to those teams but yet Koeman let's them come to Camp Nou and roll us over.

I've said it 1000000 times on here: Koeman has managed for 20 years and has had only a handful of successful seasons. Most of his managerial career has been a dissapointment and he's failed way more than he's succeed.

Take a hint, he's not a very good manager at all.

Mateka

Keep Koeman. Barca will slide until they reach their equilibrium, that may be mid table, who knows? That slide will take place whoever is manager.

SeloBarca

Truth. It's a mix of past it oldies, not good enough prime players and then youngsters with potential.

Oldies dragging others down.

If we would "fight" in CL we have to get a new player for pretty much every spot.
In defence Dest gets destroyed by CL teams, Pique is to old, Alba aswell. Umtiti is done, Lenglet is a fraud. Mingueza and Araujo are not ready.
In midfiled Buquetes, and Pjanic to old. Coutinho and Roberto are done. The rest apart from Frenkie are to young.
In attack Depay and Dembele are not CL level, the rest is not even LaLiga lvl. Fati noone knows what lvl he is after injury. Aguero is done.

Its EL and survival mode, not fighting for titles mode.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He loves & respects/admires Cruyff but his play is a tremendous departure from Johan's approach to the game that more likely reflects the player's defensive position on the pitch

Bobo32

He loves & respects/admires Cruyff but his play is a tremendous departure from Johan's approach to the game that more likely reflects the player's defensive position on the pitch

I think he understands Cruyff even less than some "admirers" of Xavi here for example.

I think to get a picture of the two you can just compare what memorable things they said:
https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/ronald-koeman-quotes
https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/johan-cruyff-quotes

Make fun of the Cruyffisms all you like, but try to read all the Koeman quotes in that page without losing the will to live. It's like Cruyffisms without any Cruyff in it. Just dull, bland, thoughtless words. Did he ever say something thoughtworthy?
Koeman may have played in Cruyffs team and he may have done it well because of his good touch and his ability to spot passing lanes, but as a manager he resembles the worst kind of amateur coaches more than a professional coach, nevermind a genius like Cruyff.

Birdy

I think he understands Cruyff even less than some "admirers" of Xavi here for example.

I think to get a picture of the two you can just compare what memorable things they said:
https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/ronald-koeman-quotes
https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/johan-cruyff-quotes

Make fun of the Cruyffisms all you like, but try to read all the Koeman quotes in that page without losing the will to live. It's like Cruyffisms without any Cruyff in it. Just dull, bland, thoughtless words. Did he ever say something thoughtworthy?
Koeman may have played in Cruyffs team and he may have done it well because of his good touch and his ability to spot passing lanes, but as a manager he resembles the worst kind of amateur coaches more than a professional coach, nevermind a genius like Cruyff.

Are those quotes legit? Or is it a site where everyone can type their Koeman quote in?

In any case, I don't think that all of us here who are even partially defending him against unfair criticism have argued that he plays Cruyffismo

Bobo32

Are those quotes legit? Or is it a site where everyone can type their Koeman quote in?

In any case, I don't think that all of us here who are even partially defending him against unfair criticism have argued that he plays Cruyffismo

I know most of the Cruyff quotes are legit.
Whether Koeman really said those things or not doesn't really matter, it's almost on the level of "good morning" "my name is Ronald" etc. But someone thought these were memorable things he said. Is it something in particular you doubt him to have said?

I very much enjoyed his tiki-taki comment the other day to be fair, but does anyone know of any memorable thing he said apart from that, over 30+years of top football?

gregorrin10

Sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning! :rockon:

Edit: Conman/Fraudman/Cowman going out in style with the red card! Got one tonight from the referee, about to get another one from Laporta tomorrow. Perfectly sums up his time here. :wave:

Last edited:

Bobo32

Sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning! :rockon:

Edit: Conman/Fraudman/Cowman going out in style with the red card! Got one tonight from the referee, about to get another one from Laporta tomorrow. Perfectly sums up his time here. :wave:

Hmmm is this some 5d chess from Koeman, so he gets another game to be judged?
He already had 2 games, but might need just a little more time to get the team ready to win a game

Home of Barca Fans