Ronald Koeman

Birdy

We played better football under him from Jan '21 to April '21 than what we have ever played under Xavi,
let alone with a much inferior squad

Windhook

My dad watched him alot and said he was a good player but not a great player very overrated

I remember him from early childhood, the blond guy at Barca cannot be mistaken. Not in my top list of defenders, but his greatness lies in the astonishing number of goals scored. The man was the master of free kicks. 230 goals in 653 matches. Some prolific strikers haven't reach that number, yet.:lol:

JamDav1982

Crazy how he scored 16 league goals and Hierro scored 21 in 1991/92 season.

Think Hierro was on pens, FKs and in midfield back then.

The one that takes the biscuit is Steve Bruce scoring 19 goals for Man Utd one season from CB.. not on pens, FKs and a limited footballer.

Edit: I stand corrected.. it seems Bruce was on pens that season.

Last edited:

vegitot

We played better football under him from Jan '21 to April '21 than what we have ever played under Xavi,
let alone with a much inferior squad

Lol no. Some games like Sociedad 6-1 win or 2-0 win vs Sevilla. But not better than Xavi. Plus Koeman had Messi and Griezmann. Think if Xavi has both now, he can make current team plays much better.

Huge credit to Koeman for trusting young players. Pedri, Gavi, Araujo...

Birdy

Lol no. Some games like Sociedad 6-1 win or 2-0 win vs Sevilla. But not better than Xavi. Plus Koeman had Messi and Griezmann. Think if Xavi has both now, he can make current team plays much better.

LOL
Someone thinking that having Griezman was a plus
when the guy was making us play with 10 men in attack and couldn't fit any position

Dude, remove your bias glasses. That 4month spell we simply played better football.
Xavi had a purple patch of 2 months from Feb'22 to March '22 until the 0-4 at Bernabeu.
Other than that, the team is not evolving and our way of playing sucks

JamDav1982

Nah.. the reality is Griezmann was second best attacker to Messi in that season and had something like 30 goals/assists in 50 odd games and was best player in the cup that Barca won.

Decent stats for a player not on pens/FKs/Set pieces with any regularity.

He was much better that season than likes of Dembele and other attackers.

JamDav1982

Which to be fair says nothing :S

It does.. it says he had a good season. Much, much better than folk like to seem to admit.

The reality is he wasnt worth his money on the books and was correct to let him go but folk saying 'played with ten men' is ignorance.

By and large same numpties that used to stan for absolute garbage like Braithwaite who was absolutely clueless and levels below.

ajnotkeith

Messi has gone to PSG and they are doing even worse then they were before so I don't even know if having him is some huge upside that people claim (in his later years obviously).

He left Barca, we went from 3rd place to 2nd despite having a weaker squad and poor summer transfer window. He went to PSG and they got knocked out r16, this season finishing 2nd in their CL group and barely leading Ligue 1 right now.

Obviously he is a great player but I don't think if we had him he would make our results significantly better.

vegitot

Messi has gone to PSG and they are doing even worse then they were before so I don't even know if having him is some huge upside that people claim (in his later years obviously).

He left Barca, we went from 3rd place to 2nd despite having a weaker squad and poor summer transfer window. He went to PSG and they got knocked out r16, this season finishing 2nd in their CL group and barely leading Ligue 1 right now.

Obviously he is a great player but I don't think if we had him he would make our results significantly better.

By your logic, he moved to PSG and they won Ligue 1 last season after lost it in 20/21. Tell me which one is worse.

Barca moved from 3rd to 2nd, from Copa Del Rey to empty hand, R016 UCL to out of group stage. Tell me which one is worse.

Home of Barca Fans