Ronald Koeman

JamDav1982

Both of them are considered okayish. Not fantastic talents definitely, if you remember Welbeck.

Rashford and Greenwood are big talents to bring through own youth system and they have likes of Henderson/McTominay in their squad brought through also.

Then others like Williams/Pereria etc that have been given chances and not quite good enough.

They havent been neglecting that side of it.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ancelotti sent some encouraging words in Koemans direction. Said that after he(Ancelotti) started working at Everton he only heard good things about him there.
Also according to him doing a good job at Barca.

Said before but Ancelotti is class.

Messigician

Ancelotti sent some encouraging words in Koemans direction. Said that after he(Ancelotti) started working at Everton he only heard good things about him there.

Yeah He is a good man

soul24rage

Ya, always liked Ancelotti

Windhook

I've always respected Ancelotti for his behaviour, profesionalism and successful career. He knows well what it feels like to work under the pressure Koeman's been lately. I believe his words are sincere, not the typical mind-game which Pep implements in EPL. "He is a great, great coach!" and then BAM! 5-0 humiliation.

Horatio

You're welcome
I've always respected Ancelotti for his behaviour, profesionalism and successful career. He knows well what it feels like to work under the pressure Koeman's been lately. I believe his words are sincere, not the typical mind-game which Pep implements in EPL. "He is a great, great coach!" and then BAM! 5-0 humiliation.

You named exactly why I like him so much. He does not get into those mind games, seems like he couldn't be bothered. He seems so relaxed and no-nonsense. Exemplary human being.

serghei

United is not a good example. United are actually a great example of how repetitive shit manager-namings can drag you back years and years. If United had Klopp instead of Liverpool, they'd be where Liverpool are today, and Liverpool would struggle to even make CL places instead.

khaled_a_d

I think you keep attributing everything to the manager serghei but it is just inaccurate.
Klopp wasn't able to lead Liverpool to CL in his 1st year and lost EL final to Seville (sure some controversial decisions in the final, but also true that there was controversial decisions against Villarreal in SF too)
Klopp didn't want Salah at all, and just had to accept that the scouts decided that he is better for the type of players he wants, same scouts who identified Mane, VVD and Alison. 4 players that transformed the team the 1st minutes they touch the ball with barely any influence from Klopp.

Manu just kept getting Maguire, Sancho and such type of players instead of the Salah.
Klopp coach Manu and he will be called choker, like he was called around 30 months ago. Give Liverpool Edwards and they won't win anything.

FinBarcelonafan

I think you keep attributing everything to the manager serghei but it is just inaccurate.
Klopp wasn't able to lead Liverpool to CL in his 1st year and lost EL final to Seville (sure some controversial decisions in the final, but also true that there was controversial decisions against Villarreal in SF too)
Klopp didn't want Salah at all, and just had to accept that the scouts decided that he is better for the type of players he wants, same scouts who identified Mane, VVD and Alison. 4 players that transformed the team the 1st minutes they touch the ball with barely any influence from Klopp.

Manu just kept getting Maguire, Sancho and such type of players instead of the Salah.
Klopp coach Manu and he will be called choker, like he was called around 30 months ago. Give Liverpool Edwards and they won't win anything.

And Klopp really wanted to keep Coutinho, which would have been mistake.

Imagine they keep Coutinho and don't buy Allisson amd Dijk.

Man, they wouldn't be anywhere close to what they are now.

Life is full of randomness. Barca buying Coutinho and them losing their best player was the biggest blessing to them..

JamDav1982

Liverpool could have afforded both VVD and Allison even Coutinho had stayed.

It is a myth that the needed the money to get those two. It helps balance books but they were signing VVD regardless and most likely Allison.

Klopp wanted both of those two though. It was Salah/Robertson that he was said not to be all that sure about and Liverpool transfer committee pushed it through.

Windhook

Buying Van Dijk was the turning point in Liverpool's fortunes. His injury last season proved how much of an impact he has. Obviously in football massive success does not follow unless you have a good defensive approach and a goalkeeper. The last exception of this rule was Barca in 2014/15 when MSN was smashing everything on their way, despite our shaky defence. But times have changed.

FinBarcelonafan

Buying Van Dijk was the turning point in Liverpool's fortunes. His injury last season proved how much of an impact he has. Obviously in football massive success does not follow unless you have a good defensive approach and a goalkeeper. The last exception of this rule was Barca in 2014/15 when MSN was smashing everything on their way, despite our shaky defence. But times have changed.

I don't remember the defense being shaky at all. Much better than today.

Of course, teams were afraid of us. That helps too.

jamrock

Managers manner a whole lot, anyone who thinks different is way off base, they aren't the be all & end all, but they play a huge part, look how much tuchel got out of Chelsea last season with pretty much the exact same players.

Home of Barca Fans