Ronald Koeman

vegitot

We should try again 3-4-3 with Mingueza right, Araujo left, and De Jong center. Would look the best with it. Pedri - Gavi higher up, and Roberto/Dest - Alba on the sides.

Fati - Depay - Dembele when possible up front.

This with a better possession manager would go well imo. Better than current shitshow that's for sure.

1863668-FC-Barcelona.jpg

Very easy transition into a 4-3-3 as well. Whenever De Jong pushes up, the fullbacks drop a bit and a CBs tighten up inside and you have a back 4 in a couple of seconds.

Nice fifa 22 squad.

FinBarcelonafan

We should try again 3-4-3 with Mingueza right, Araujo left, and De Jong center. Would look the best with it. Pedri - Gavi higher up, and Roberto/Dest - Alba on the sides.

This with a better possession manager would go well imo. Better than current shitshow that's for sure.

1863668-FC-Barcelona.jpg

Very easy transition into a 4-3-3 as well. Whenever De Jong pushes up, the fullbacks drop a bit and a CBs tighten up inside and you have a back 4 in a couple of seconds.

Better team than what we have now but it would come with growing pains

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Goal: Koeman will not continue, the decision is taken.

Larsson to rescuse.

Yeah about that - I followed his 'coaching' career in Sweden (Helsingborg IF) and boy oh boy Larsson was clueless. Amazing guy, love him to bits - but he can't coach.

mc_lovin

Pimienta: “The problem is that last Tuesday, Bar?a played something that is not played on a defensive level and yesterday on an offensive level. The players are not used to doing what they did on Tuesday or what they did yesterday”.

That's spot on. At the first sign of trouble Koeman ditches any known principle for weird ass offensive or defensive setups we never played before.

Porque

Pimienta: “The problem is that last Tuesday, Bar?a played something that is not played on a defensive level and yesterday on an offensive level. The players are not used to doing what they did on Tuesday or what they did yesterday”.

That's spot on. At the first sign of trouble Koeman ditches any known principle for weird ass offensive or defensive setups we never played before.

That reads like a Setien quote pre signing for Barcelona.

And on that note, since we owe him so much. Let's bring him back. The biggest sporting comeback since Tyson-McNeely in 1995.

Is this the guy from Brooklyn Nine Nine(Adrian) :lol:

Bobo32

That reads like a Setien quote pre signing for Barcelona.

And on that note, since we owe him so much. Let's bring him back. The biggest sporting comeback since Tyson-McNeely in 1995.

I am in favour of this!
New management, some new players. It was very strange what happened with Setien, the first months were great, then the pandemic and a lot of strange decisions that didn't look like his own.
But I don't think Pep or Cruyff or Koeman would go into the middle of the rondo if Messi nodded at them, like Setien did...

snowy

1863668-FC-Barcelona.jpg

giphy.gif
It will kiiiiiiill

Could start Balde the Blade and Yusuf instead of Alpha and Bob every 2nd game or so. Gotta build up that 1st team experience

Birdy

All seriousness, I do wonder who Barca would go for if plan of making it to CL is in jeopardy. I do think Laporta would pull the trigger if it were the case. Ten Hag would be some upgrade but not sure if he fancies it. Rodgers won?t come mid season and for sure you can?t afford Conte. Which leaves the booger muncher, the almighty silver tongue, his Italian version or some unproven fella like Diego Martinez (Roberto probably committed to Belgium WC as long as generation of players is there).

Won?t happen till late autumn at earliest anyway. Shit has to be real bad to take a hit on severance money needlessly in tough times.

Ten Haag and Rodgers both would love to come to Barca, and both will be great options to try out, especially Ten Haag.

Problem is none of them is willing to leave their club mid-season...

That's why all these leaks that the new coach will not be a 'patch', but a permanent solution to lead the new project terrify me..

imagine Roberto Martinez 'leading the new project'? WTF?

Laporta, pull yourself together man. Either keep Koeman until the summer or hire an interim until the summer.
We can't afford to waist another 2 years on the wrong coach

Birdy

1863668-FC-Barcelona.jpg

Looks pretty solid with 2 exceptions:
1) Please, I don't wanna see ever again the name 'roberto' in any starting Barca XI
Dest will play there
2) We need also a WC physical box-to box. Pedri and Gavi are not enough.
Someone like Renato Sanches.
3) Balde to rotate with Alba

Other than the above, I agree and I think Frenkie should finally play there. That's his position
With Ansu and Dembouz upfront, we can tear apart some defences

KingLeo10

1863668-FC-Barcelona.jpg

This team would get murdered on the flanks. Even more so than it already does.

Birdy

This team would get murdered on the flanks. Even more so than it already does.

Why?
3-4-3 with Frenkie at libero produced the most security at the back last season against top opposition (Sevilla twice, PSG, Bilbao)

On the contrary, they same teams (sevilla and PSG) were murdering us on the flanks some weeks before, exploiting the 4-3-3 and the wide gaps the full-backs leave

Bobo32

It's literally a 4-3-3 that is posted.
Barcelona should be more concerned about dominating centrally, with possesion. Too often they only find their poor isolated full backs.

Adversus

Ten Haag and Rodgers both would love to come to Barca, and both will be great options to try out, especially Ten Haag.

Problem is none of them is willing to leave their club mid-season...

That's why all these leaks that the new coach will not be a 'patch', but a permanent solution to lead the new project terrify me..

imagine Roberto Martinez 'leading the new project'? WTF?

Laporta, pull yourself together man. Either keep Koeman until the summer or hire an interim until the summer.
We can't afford to waist another 2 years on the wrong coach

I think Rodgers is also an excellent coach but so is Martinez. One thing for certain is that he's far superior to Koeman. Everton were just badly hit with injuries and aging players after his first season but we played great football for that first season.

Home of Barca Fans