Ronald Koeman

Birdy

Yea, exactly as I thought. So basically all your arguments stand on one pillar. He doesn't have experience. I agree with you, he doesn't have experience managing in top leagues. Glad we could sort it out.

Nah, more like:
There is a minimal threshold of competitiveness from where promise starts to count, and below which it does not
Xavi is very far from even scratching that level

Barcilliant

No point in paying the 12m now as we don't have a chance of winning any trophies this season anyways and we have to save every penny. Get to top 4 this season and part ways with Koeman at the end of the season.

We save time. We can't waste any more time in this "rebuild". Another season wasted under Koeman is another season trying to get back on track. If a Klopp, Tuchel or Pep had teething problems you would give them time because they are proven. Koeman is not. He's experienced and hasn't done anything.
And Xavi is NOT the right choice. He doent even want to prove himself with the B team. He wants to go straight from Qatar to managing the first team.
It's possible he might be a success but I doubt it.
People forget Pep had a fantastic squad with guys like Xavi, Iniesta and most importantly Messi coming into their prime. Not to mention the backline with Alves, Puyol and Abidal.
The squad is lame compared to what Pep inherited.

serghei

We save time. We can't waste any more time in this "rebuild". Another season wasted under Koeman is another season trying to get back on track. If a Klopp, Tuchel or Pep had teething problems you would give them time because they are proven. Koeman is not. He's experienced and hasn't done anything.
And Xavi is NOT the right choice. He doent even want to prove himself with the B team. He wants to go straight from Qatar to managing the first team.
People forget Pep had a fantastic squad with guys like Xavi, Iniesta and most importantly Messi coming into their prime. Not to mention the backline with Alves, Puyol and Abidal.

The expectations will be much lower, precisely because of the difference in quality. Nobody will expect him to surpass or even get very close to the best team ever. A top 4 side in 2-3 years of hard work is achievable.

Improving this team gradually in a medium period will not be THAT hard for a competent manager, if we look at how mismanaged we've been in the last years.

I don't see any other options other than Xavi or Ten Hag, both who are promising propositions for my liking.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Improving this team gradually in a medium period will not be THAT hard for a competent manager, if we look at how mismanaged we've been in the last years.

It will be. We are falling behind to other clubs because of the club culture and philosophy. Hard for any coach to change that.

soul24rage

If there were a competent manager without a club right now, then I agree to just sack Koeman, but there is no manager like that.

Barcilliant

If you want to look at total football look at Bayern. This club is still stuck in the past. The club culture is a big problem. Not enough emphasis on defense and physicality.

Horatio

You're welcome
If you want to look at total football look at Bayern. This club is still stuck in the past. The club culture is a big problem. Not enough emphasis on defense and physicality.

Yep, what I meant. Culture is too relaxed and hard to convince players otherwise when they have been so used to it. [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]

serghei

Since when is this club "culture" a thing? Let's go back. Basically, this is when some legends (the weakest of the bunch mentally, the most laid-back types) became amigos and started to command the club instead of that pussy Bartomeu.

Not long ago, Barca had players like Eto'o, Abidal, Puyol, Alves, Toure, Pedro, Mascherano. Strong, fast, athletic players, hardworking. Dependable guys, you could count on to show up and fight in tough moments. All those were gone in various stages, amigos remained, add in that joke president and his cohort of obedient average managers, and shit hit the fan, creating the current mess.

The club culture got toxic in recent years, especially since the last CL win, 2015.

Last edited:

Devils

Eduard Romeu (Bar?a's economic vice-president): "The continuity of Koeman as Bar?a manager does not depend on money."

They got the funds to sack him.

Do it already!

Givenchy

Get Xavi if possible, it'll either make or break him. I was against him due to no experience in Europe managing (would prefer he worked as assistant to Pep or something first) but fuck it, in the current situation, he might be just what we need.

Home of Barca Fans