Ronald Koeman

Batistuta9

We should get it, but can you be 100% confident of it? This will be a very different looking team next season. And Koemann as a manager is an unknown.

Let's see what signings will be made.

We should still get top 3 without too much trouble. Our squad will be the second best in the league even without Messi. The others will have to step up though, no more hiding behind Messi. Koeman will have to be really bad for us to not get top 3 with the level of la Liga at the moment.

Alik

We should still get top 3 without too much trouble. Our squad will be the second best in the league even without Messi. The others will have to step up though, no more hiding behind Messi. Koeman will have to be really bad for us to not get top 3 with the level of la Liga at the moment.

I hope so and that's what we should be aiming at. I'm cautious though. Moving away from Messi won't be easy.

BBZ8800

It will take some time until some players will turn into leaders.

We were FC Messi for the last 10-12 years.

We have a free spot of a leader currently.
But it will take some time until players will adjust to a situation where they can use their head and their skills and not looking for Messi in every single situation.

Frenkie, Coutinho or Griezmann will need to take a leadership role.
Maybe even someone like Trincao if he'll be a success.

We will need new attacking leaders.

Alik

It will take some time until some players will turn into leaders.

We were FC Messi for the last 10-12 years.

We have a free spot of a leader currently.
But it will take some time until players will adjust to a situation where they can use their head and their skills and not looking for Messi in every single situation.

Frenkie, Coutinho or Griezmann will need to take a leadership role.
Maybe even someone like Trincao if he'll be a success.

We will need new attacking leaders.

Agreed.

Coutinho has shown that he cannot handle pressure though. Doubt he is the leadership figure we should look towards. And Griezmann would need to grow up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Griezmann left Atletico to win trophies, in particular a CL trophy, and play with Messi and "eat at the same table as him" as he said himself. I doubt he's ecstatic right now himself.

I'm not sure he stays here past this upcoming season.

Horatio

You're welcome
Griezmann left Atletico to win trophies, in particular a CL trophy, and play with Messi and "eat at the same table as him" as he said himself. I doubt he's ecstatic right now himself.

I'm not sure he stays here past this upcoming season.

Same goes for Frenkie.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Same goes for Frenkie.

Why? De Jong is not a Messi fanboy who joined us just to play with Messi.

Griezmann isn't one either, he said those things like any new player would to praise Messi. He might not be ecstatic that Messi is leaving but I think part of him is happy that he will have more or less of more central role in our attacking game.

The notion that once Messi is gone players will leave in droves is crazy. Sure players will start want to leave if we don't have a project and we keep failing, but they won't want to leave just because Messi is not here anymore. Come on guys.

DonAK

Why? De Jong is not a Messi fanboy who joined us just to play with Messi.

Griezmann isn't one either, he said those things like any new player would to praise Messi.

The notion that once Messi is gone players will leave in droves is crazy. Sure players will start want to leave if we don't have a project and we keep failing, but they won't want to leave just because Messi is not here anymore. Come on guys.

Frenkie's Barcelona future will depend on how quick a rebuild and contention for major trophies goes, IMO.

A super ambitious person like him won't stay if we're going nowhere after two or three years I think, even if Barca is his dream club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Frenkie's Barcelona future will depend on how quick a rebuild and contention for major trophies goes, IMO.

A super ambitious person like him won't stay if we're going nowhere after two years I think, even if Barca is his dream club.

Sure. If we keep failing on the pitch and not delivering anything players will want to leave. Just saying Messi is not that big of a factor, if a factor at all.

DonAK

Sure. If we keep failing on the pitch and not delivering anything players will want to leave. Just saying Messi is not that big of a factor, if a factor at all.

I think it's definitely going to be a factor, but the biggest factor will be how the team does upcoming season and how the club's finances look if we are to sign top talent like Upamecano, Camavinga in 2021 which we'll need.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think it's definitely going to be a factor, but the biggest factor will be how the team does upcoming season and how the club's finances look if we are to sign top talent like Upamecano, Camavinga in 2021 which we'll need.

Need Lenglet, Griezmann and Dembele to start tapping them up asap.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Isn't he Real Madrid bound?

DonAK

Isn't he Real Madrid bound?

Only if Zidane intend to stay past this season. Barca might also be able to offer a guranteed starting spot alongside Frenkie assuming he continues being just as impressive if not more this season.

Home of Barca Fans