Ronald Koeman

vegitot

EV was great in the league. He had the results. No doubt there.

But the fanbase also had CL aspirations and his humiliations there were never going to be forgotten. Yeah Koeman also got blown out by PSG in the CL, but losing on a 3 goal advantage looks worse.

And the bigger thing was that Valverde's team didn't show any long term vision of success (aside from Fati's debut). A lot of that is on the board for not providing the right signings, but the team played slow, uninspired and relied on too many old veterans.

Everyone could see that the team would eventually fall off a cliff with the way they played once you squeezed out the last bit of juice from the Messi-Suarez duo upfront and also the likes of Pique, Alba, Busi, Rakitic.

Koeman has shown a potential future that could be exciting and also bring results.

Koeman uses lot more young players which is something fans want. Though i don't think that mean the future is safe.

vegitot

Laporta in the mud

It's done

🎙[@samuelmarsden] | Xavi: I?m always on the market! But in these last three, four months i haven?t had any contact with Joan Laporta or anyone from the board. They decided to stick with Koeman and I wish the club the best.

Xavi: I feel ready to coach Bar?a. I know the club, the environment, but Koeman?s the coach at the moment and you have to respect that.

He said he denied Barca twice before. So there should be no complain about Laporta not calling him.

Windhook

The team Koeman inherited after 2-8 is incomparable to what EV got after Lucho. And EV's lack of leadership destroyed a winner mentality club that Barca was in mid 2010's. With such a team even Koeman would have won back to back La Ligas.

Currently I'm pesimistic about the new season. Koeman didn't prove he deserves another chance, disastrous end of the season. There are no game changer transfers, just decent signings so far and on the other hand we have Laporta who's trying to put out the financial fire at the club.

Messigician

The team Koeman inherited after 2-8 is incomparable to what EV got after Lucho. And EV's lack of leadership destroyed a winner mentality club that Barca was in mid 2010's. With such a team even Koeman would have won back to back La Ligas.

Currently I'm pesimistic about the new season. Koeman didn't prove he deserves another chance, disastrous end of the season. There are no game changer transfers, just decent signings so far and on the other hand we have Laporta who's trying to put out the financial fire at the club.

Winner mentality?

You seen 2017 season LMFAO

Messigician

Firing my man and they are still keeping Koeman for next season, someone who has no clue of how to win a big team. They will be going trophyless next season, with that #clueless man in-charge

vegitot

Not sure if Koeman can win back to back Liga. I mean he lost to Granada at home while leading. Then only had one draw vs two worst Madrid's teams in recent years.

vegitot

Firing my man and they are still keeping Koeman for next season, someone who has no clue of how to win a big team. They will be going trophyless next season, with that #clueless man in-charge

Not really. This season with Copa del rey then could've won Liga if he had won vs Granada at home. Still this is a season which both Madrid teams suck. You can only hope they will suck like that next season so there will be Liga tittle.

Messi983

Koeman has asked for a powerful midfielder, with a journey and arrival in the area. With good technique to be able to guarantee a neat exit of the ball, either combining or with a good ball conduction to break pressure lines. It is necessary to guarantee, in addition, a good physique to be able to cut the game in the spinal cord, participate in the advanced pressure and go with guarantees of success to crashes and frictions either by low or in the air game, as this newspaper explained.

Well, at least he knows what we need but we'll see if Alemany&Co. can bring him someone useful.

Barcilliant

Koeman has asked for a powerful midfielder, with a journey and arrival in the area. With good technique to be able to guarantee a neat exit of the ball, either combining or with a good ball conduction to break pressure lines. It is necessary to guarantee, in addition, a good physique to be able to cut the game in the spinal cord, participate in the advanced pressure and go with guarantees of success to crashes and frictions either by low or in the air game, as this newspaper explained.

Well, at least he knows what we need but we'll see if Alemany&Co. can bring him someone useful.

We'll, yeah anyone with half a brain knows that the midfield is the engine of a football team and we have a weak one.
Busquets, De Jong, Pedri, Roberto and Puig are not going to win us the league or cl.
Get Kessie. We can give Milan Dumbele, Lenglet and Umtiti.

iniestaGOAT

It all depends on wether Araujo, Ansu and pedri can take their football to the next level next season.

If that happens season is a success.

Home of Barca Fans