Ronald Koeman

Sailor Mars

Koeman's football was pretty bad at the start with Messi putting up stinkers, and Koeman rolling out Griezmann, Coutinho, and Messi together upfront. But it only went up from there. A lot more entertaining even though the results started to falter near the end.

Way way better than what Valverde put the fans through.

Messigician

Valverde football was like prime Pep in Sevilla Copa final and Supercopa Atletico game.

He has shown he can play some of the most beautiful football in the world and has Barca DNA but he prioritised results and covering up squad limitations instead which was wise and nearly got us a treble if Dembele score open goal to make it 4-0 or ter clown saves 1 shot on target.

History will be kind to EV

Gari

Lucas Digne (Everton): "Ernesto Valverde? I didn't have any connection. He was not a good communicator and it was noticeable. He even had a hard time talking to Messi." [l'equipe]
"Luis Enrique? We only talked about tactics for five or ten minutes, but it was exactly what happened during the matches on the weekend. When you have coaches who are like this, it's easier to be a player."

Lucas Digne (Everton): "Ernesto Valverde? I didn't have any connection. He was not a good communicator and it was noticeable. He even had a hard time talking to Messi." [l'equipe]
"Luis Enrique? We only talked about tactics for five or ten minutes, but it was exactly what happened during the matches on the weekend. When you have coaches who are like this, it's easier to be a player."

If someone already doesn't realize that Valverde let the amigos do whatever they're an idiot. Also enrique is a pretty good coach who's not stuck in the endless possession mentality

Messigician

This is what u need to do to clear deadwood lmfao.

What next Gomes and Mina or other Everton legends will all say EV didn't communicate well with them?

But he will speak for Messi when Messi pubicly supported EV something he has done for no coach since.
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

kattanib

What next Gomes and Mina or other Everton legends will all say EV didn't communicate well with them?

But he will speak for Messi when Messi pubicly supported EV something he has done for no coach since.

EV made Messi feel good about his own lacking communication skills

vegitot

This. Everton legend😂. Btw maybe both EV and Messi have something in common so EV could bring nearly the best out of Messi???

BBZ8800

Koeman's football was pretty bad at the start with Messi putting up stinkers, and Koeman rolling out Griezmann, Coutinho, and Messi together upfront. But it only went up from there. A lot more entertaining even though the results started to falter near the end.

Way way better than what Valverde put the fans through.

EV won 2 out of 2 La ligas.
And totally dominated El classicos.
He was almost undefeated in the first season.

Then we have Koeman who barely ended the 3rd and who lost every single big match this season.

But hey, he plays more entertaining...

If someone will reply that EV had a better team:
February 2016 to May 2017, Lucho was 15-20 points behind RM in those 18 Months accumulated.
He lost 2:0 to AM, 4:0 to Psg and 3:0 to Juve.

EV comes, loses Neymar, loses forever injured Dembele and plays without Cou and turns that Lucho's loser team into almost invincibles.
Though, he lost to Roma and 50 good previous matches are forgotten.
In the next season, EV is again winning La Liga, making fun out of RM in El Classicos.

In the third season, EV starts a season without injured Messi, Suarez, Dembele and loaned Coutinho.
He still managed to stay equal on points as RM.

Then Setien came, ending behind RM.
And then Koeman came, finishing 3rd.

So, what a coincidence:
1) in the last 18 months before EV, we were 15-20 points behind RM
2) during EV, we were like 20-30 points infront of RM
3) after EV, we are against consistently behind RM, who even lost CR7 and has Vinicius and Hazard in attack

But yes, it's all a coincidence...

I know, EV played ugly and had two bad CL defeats.
But La Liga wise, he was a master.

jairzinho

You can't compare EV to Koeman that easily imo. There's too many factors to consider. As you said when EV came, he lost Neymar, lost forever injured Dembele, lost Cou etc etc. Koeman comes in on the back of 8-2 to Bayern with the club in a huge mess. The board start kicking out players, Suarez and others get kicked out, Messi wants to leave, calls out the Barto and the board. There's little to no reinforcements etc. Basically he inherited a dysfunctional and weak team, physically and mentally, littered with Bums and washed up players.

Sailor Mars

EV won 2 out of 2 La ligas.
And totally dominated El classicos.
He was almost undefeated in the first season.

Then we have Koeman who barely ended the 3rd and who lost every single big match this season.

But hey, he plays more entertaining...

If someone will reply that EV had a better team:
February 2016 to May 2017, Lucho was 15-20 points behind RM in those 18 Months accumulated.
He lost 2:0 to AM, 4:0 to Psg and 3:0 to Juve.

EV comes, loses Neymar, loses forever injured Dembele and plays without Cou and turns that Lucho's loser team into almost invincibles.
Though, he lost to Roma and 50 good previous matches are forgotten.
In the next season, EV is again winning La Liga, making fun out of RM in El Classicos.

In the third season, EV starts a season without injured Messi, Suarez, Dembele and loaned Coutinho.
He still managed to stay equal on points as RM.

Then Setien came, ending behind RM.
And then Koeman came, finishing 3rd.

So, what a coincidence:
1) in the last 18 months before EV, we were 15-20 points behind RM
2) during EV, we were like 20-30 points infront of RM
3) after EV, we are against consistently behind RM, who even lost CR7 and has Vinicius and Hazard in attack

But yes, it's all a coincidence...

I know, EV played ugly and had two bad CL defeats.
But La Liga wise, he was a master.

EV was great in the league. He had the results. No doubt there.

But the fanbase also had CL aspirations and his humiliations there were never going to be forgotten. Yeah Koeman also got blown out by PSG in the CL, but losing on a 3 goal advantage looks worse.

And the bigger thing was that Valverde's team didn't show any long term vision of success (aside from Fati's debut). A lot of that is on the board for not providing the right signings, but the team played slow, uninspired and relied on too many old veterans.

Everyone could see that the team would eventually fall off a cliff with the way they played once you squeezed out the last bit of juice from the Messi-Suarez duo upfront and also the likes of Pique, Alba, Busi, Rakitic.

Koeman has shown a potential future that could be exciting and also bring results.

JohnN

Lucho didn't manage to inspire the team after the cl win and they became complacent. But it was still a world class team around it's prime years.
The change of coach, with EV comming, gave the team a fresh mindset. Players were declining physically but we still had top players.
The Cl disasters were unexpected ( well, the first one) and messed with our players heads.
By EVs third season most players were much older and past their prime, Messi wanted to leave and told barto. Then came Setien, that actually collected the same points as EV and was humiliated in Cl like EV with the same team, so about the same level.
Koeman though, inherited not only a completely different squad, but a mentally broken one.
Messi was forced to stay. Suarez was kicked out along with raki, Vidal. The players lost their status and he tried to play with youngsters.
Totally different than previous years, there is no comparison to be made.
If you are objective, all of his will sound logical.

Bobo32

Lucho didn't manage to inspire the team after the cl win and they became complacent. But it was still a world class team around it's prime years.
The change of coach, with EV comming, gave the team a fresh mindset. Players were declining physically but we still had top players.
The Cl disasters were unexpected ( well, the first one) and messed with our players heads.
By EVs third season most players were much older and past their prime, Messi wanted to leave and told barto. Then came Setien, that actually collected the same points as EV and was humiliated in Cl like EV with the same team, so about the same level.
Koeman though, inherited not only a completely different squad, but a mentally broken one.
Messi was forced to stay. Suarez was kicked out along with raki, Vidal. The players lost their status and he tried to play with youngsters.
Totally different than previous years, there is no comparison to be made.
If you are objective, all of his will sound logical.

I think that Setien was a puppet after the break, and I think that Koemans squad was much better than Setiens (I believe he could've kept Suarez as well)

Koeman is the first Barcelona manager I've seen where it's not clear to me what he wants to do.

Messigician

Laporta in the mud

It's done

🎙[@samuelmarsden] | Xavi: I?m always on the market! But in these last three, four months i haven?t had any contact with Joan Laporta or anyone from the board. They decided to stick with Koeman and I wish the club the best.

Xavi: I feel ready to coach Bar?a. I know the club, the environment, but Koeman?s the coach at the moment and you have to respect that.

Home of Barca Fans