Ronald Koeman

serghei

What makes the Barca job so stressful compared to other top European clubs? You would think a job like coaching Arsenal FC and Man U would be more stressful due to their great heights in the past. I mean look at Lucho and EV, both aged like 10-15 years in their short stints here. Even Tata Martino didn't look so good after his one year here

Too much politics. Like when Rosell came and the first thing he wanted to do was to discredit the men left from Laporta days. It didn't matter how great they were, the where the enemy's men.

The people involved in the club are very selfish and follow their own personal agenda almost any time.

Prodi

Laporta is way bigger than Koeman in Barcelona's history.
Nobody cares about Koeman, he has been sacked from all his teams. One more in the next days.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Why should Koeman or anybody for that matter let the whole world know every time they go see a doctor? No, the socis and the fans don't need to know. Not to mention it was a regular checkup, apparently, not a life and death sort of serious situation. Privacy exists even for public figures.

Should Laporta release his medical history and let us know every time he goes to see his doctor?

Very, very strange if it indeed was a regular checkup.
The papers didn't think so, and Laporta, who should be in the know, said they were worried.

I think if the coach is taken to the emergency hospital it is news, and that the president have the right and even duty to comment on it.
I don't think any details are needed, what Laporta said was totally fine, toning it down and saying that Koeman is healthy and fine.

What it looks like to me is Koemans agent lying.

serghei

Bartomeu giving Koeman a 2-year contract (well, and Koeman signing it) was incredibly disrespectful.

Bartomeu is an asshole for giving a 2-year binding contract, and not a 1 + optional 1. Koeman is blameless here for me. The only thing he could do if he really showed great care for the club, is walk away with what he's due for this season without asking for a compensation package. Or ask it in installments or whatever.

delancey

No they dont. What utter garbage and would be met with legal issues if clubs start disclosing medical record/issues with any of their staff.

Great way to make top coaches take an even wider berth than they are now.
If the CEO of a major corporation suddenly fell ill and visited a hospital, with a medical history of heart problems, the corporation would surely release a statement clarifying the nature of the visit to calm shareholders and other vital stakeholders. That is precisely what Laporta did today. Personally I think fans have a right to know if their manager is fit for one of the most exhausting and stressful managerial jobs in top football. Surely we can all agree that releasing medical records without permission is a big no-no. That was also never done by Laporta. He merely mentioned that Koeman visited a hospital due to anxiety (?). For all we know, he could have made that statement to protect Koeman. Anxiety vs heart problems. What do Barca?s stakeholders prefer?

Last edited:

snowy

I don't understand Koeman either. He wants to use the contract to milk some money from a financially troubled Barcelona?

He's to blame for this anyway for fucking up the league vs the Granadas and Levates of La Liga.

It's easy to understand. He was given a 2-years tenure right? so if I'm K, of course I believe in my abilities and where there are deficiencies, I'm intent on finding solutions. I also encourage input and discussions from Schreuder et co.

Only argument for K not asking breach compensation for Amor del Club is if Laporta and all the other board members and staff and players agree to do the same.

And also, from K's perspective, why would he be submissive, take the rap for all the losses and recognize the next coach will do a better job? Might as well ask him to bow down and commit seppuku :lol:

Everybody is looking crap in this. Also, fuck that piece of shit Bartomeu.
yeah that B, he f'd the club good

Bobo32

Inter, Real, Juve.. all undergo managerial changes with no drama involved. Yet Barca's president addresses the public saying he'll try to look for someone better but Koeman will suffice if such isn't found. And that he needs 15 days for it. Why even do it? Just dumb.

lol there is drama there too sometimes.
Laporta has handled his changes fine thus far I think? Rosell and Bartomeu very much the opposite obviously.

serghei

It's easy to understand. He was given a 2-years tenure right? so if I'm K, of course I believe in my abilities and where there are deficiencies, I'm intent on finding solutions. I also encourage input and discussions from Schreuder et co.

Only argument for K not asking breach compensation for Amor del Club is if Laporta and all the other board members and staff and players agree to do the same.

And also, from K's perspective, why would he be submissive, take the rap for all the losses and recognize the next coach will do a better job? Might as well ask him to bow down and commit seppuku :lol:

yeah that B, he f'd the club good

Ok, but he was given 2 years by another dude, not by Laporta. So he's using his contract against Laporta. Laporta is basically caught here if he doesn't like Koeman's work.

Also, Koeman can't say he's had a great season, and he's a victim of an idiotic president. That's fucking bullshit when you throw away the league because you lose to every midtable team in the business end of the season. There are sportive grounds for termination, it's just that the club can't afford to fire him and pay him probably.

I don't know, it's a difficult situation.

Last edited:

Joan

lol there is drama there too sometimes.
Laporta has handled his changes fine thus far I think? Rosell and Bartomeu very much the opposite obviously.

What changes? It's his first move and it's all over the media already. We're worse than Bayern and no need to remind you of their nickname.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Very, very strange if it indeed was a regular checkup.
The papers didn't think so, and Laporta, who should be in the know, said they were worried.

I think if the coach is taken to the emergency hospital it is news, and that the president have the right and even duty to comment on it.
I don't think any details are needed, what Laporta said was totally fine, toning it down and saying that Koeman is healthy and fine.

What it looks like to me is Koemans agent lying.

When did Laporta say he was worried? I don't believe he said that during the presser.

And how do you know Koeman was "taken to the hospital" as you are implying he could not go on his own?

Laporta did mention it was some sort of heart issue. If true, it is possible that Koeman's people are trying to play it down, but Laporta didn't need to mention it, and he specifically said it was about his heart. Way overboard.

snowy

Ok, but he was given 2 years by another dude, not by Laporta. So he's using his contract against Laporta. Laporta is basically caught in a stronghold here if he doesn't like Koeman's work.

Also, Koeman can't say he's had a great season as if he's a victim of an idiotic president. That's fucking bullshit when you throw away the league because you lose to every midtable team in the business end of the season. There are sportive grounds for termination, it's just that the club can't afford to fire him and pay him probably.

I don't know, it's a difficult situation.

I agree he lost his marbles near the finish line when LL was in for the taking but if these are grounds for dismissal, then could argue Tuchel's neck should be in the noose as well would it not have been for Cannonbale's hatrick.

It's hard for us to know really as we've only got limited info. So many possible scenarios:

ie. suppose Schreuder urged him not to use Bob, Pique and Umtiti who weren't ready, then yeah a case could be made that not only he's incompetent but also not open to input.

But if he shows willingness to lend a listening ear and submits a plan of action to address the areas that need improvement, then he should be given a chance to fight for his post.

Bobo32

When did Laporta say he was worried? I don't believe he said that during the presser.

And how do you know Koeman was "taken to the hospital" as you are implying he could not go on his own?

Laporta did mention it was some sort of heart issue. If true, it is possible that Koeman's people are trying to play it down, but Laporta didn't need to mention it, and he specifically said it was about his heart. Way overboard.
This was what I saw:
Laporta: "Yesterday, Koeman gave us a worrying fear. He had to go to the hospital. But luckily everything is well. I told him to calm down and take it easy."
So obviously I don't have the full quote. Please transcribe the bit about the heart if you have it at hand, I won't watch the video myself today.

Taken/going, an honest mistake. I have no idea and didn't consider the difference, but sure. Anyhow, I very much doubt it was a regular test. Panic attack/MI as differential diagnosises probably, so he wanted in quick.
[MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION], talking about his previous period obviously.

Richard.H

I agree he lost his marbles near the finish line when LL was in for the taking but if these are grounds for dismissal, then could argue Tuchel's neck should be in the noose as well would it not have been for Cannonbale's hatrick.

It's hard for us to know really as we've only got limited info. So many possible scenarios:

ie. suppose Schreuder urged him not to use Bob, Pique and Umtiti who weren't ready, then yeah a case could be made that not only he's incompetent but also not open to input.

But if he shows willingness to lend a listening ear and submits a plan of action to address the areas that need improvement, then he should be given a chance to fight for his post.
Off topic but I actually really like Schreuder. He seems like a very smart coach from the very few interviews I saw of him.

Andresito

Staff member
Don’t believe anything you hear. I am healthy, that’s all that matters in life!

[tw]1398305878726660105[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans