Ronald Koeman

bismp

The sad truth is that we haven’t been this shite in big games since god knows when...The moment we lost against Granada,we lost La Liga.Simply unacceptable.

We had two big games after the National teams break and we only managed to gain one point.

On the one hand we were historically bad in derby matches.

And on the other hand we lost too many points against mediocre teams too.Even if we forget the abysmal start,which was to an extent a sad but logical outcome,we also lost many key games in the second half of the season vs Cadiz,Granada etc.

In other words,we don’t deserve the title,we are the least deserving of the 4 candidates.

-Atletico has been leading all year long
-Real has won most derbies
-Sevilla has been an overachiever

We are in dire need of changes.Koeman may be partially responsible for the failure and surely he is a mediocre coach at best,but he has done a decent jobs in some areas eg fairly attacking and entertaining football at times.

On the other hand,the squad is the weakest in maybe 20 years.

MAtS is an “ok” GK,definitely not top 5-10 in the world,as some say.

Dest has some potential but is not great at the moment.Roberto is finished and never was Barca material anyways.Mingueza may be a decent squad option,but he is still young.

At the CB, Pique is old and close to finished.Lenglet is often a tragedy.Umtiti resembles a 50year old retired player.Araujo has some potential to be good though.

Alba is still good at times,but he is too predictable offensively,he is mediocre defensively and most of all he is perhaps the weakest player mentally in the squad.Plus we don’t have another option,I don’t even know if Firpo still is a FCB player.

In the midfield,Busquets is finished against top teams.He can stay if he wants to be a reserve,along with Pique.FDJ has massive potential and can be a star in the near future.Pedri also is extremely good for his age,but Koeman has played him to death,unacceptable...Other than those,Pjanic is finished,Puig is maybe a decent option,Moriba is too young etc

Finally,up front,Leo is Leo,but he is 34...... :(

Griezmann is a decent player,but he does not suit the system.He has too many quiet matches,even if he scores.
Dembele is a joke...
Coutinho is injured and he is a joke...
Trincao is too young and inexperienced.
Braithwaite is Barca B material.
And we don’t know how these injuries have affected Fati..... :(

In other words,in a utopia,where the club is rich af,and there are no FFP rules and that all players want to join Barca we would need AT LEAST:

-A right back
-A world class CB
-A back up LB
-A decent midfielder
-A world class winger
-A world class striker

In other words,the future is not very bright my friends...

SmilerBam

The sad truth is that we haven’t been this shite in big games since god knows when...The moment we lost against Granada,we lost La Liga.Simply unacceptable.

We had two big games after the National teams break and we only managed to gain one point.

On the one hand we were historically bad in derby matches.

And on the other hand we lost too many points against mediocre teams too.Even if we forget the abysmal start,which was to an extent a sad but logical outcome,we also lost many key games in the second half of the season vs Cadiz,Granada etc.

In other words,we don’t deserve the title,we are the least deserving of the 4 candidates.

-Atletico has been leading all year long
-Real has won most derbies
-Sevilla has been an overachiever

We are in dire need of changes.Koeman may be partially responsible for the failure and surely he is a mediocre coach at best,but he has done a decent jobs in some areas eg fairly attacking and entertaining football at times.

On the other hand,the squad is the weakest in maybe 20 years.

MAtS is an “ok” GK,definitely not top 5-10 in the world,as some say.

Dest has some potential but is not great at the moment.Roberto is finished and never was Barca material anyways.Mingueza may be a decent squad option,but he is still young.

At the CB, Pique is old and close to finished.Lenglet is often a tragedy.Umtiti resembles a 50year old retired player.Araujo has some potential to be good though.

Alba is still good at times,but he is too predictable offensively,he is mediocre defensively and most of all he is perhaps the weakest player mentally in the squad.Plus we don’t have another option,I don’t even know if Firpo still is a FCB player.

In the midfield,Busquets is finished against top teams.He can stay if he wants to be a reserve,along with Pique.FDJ has massive potential and can be a star in the near future.Pedri also is extremely good for his age,but Koeman has played him to death,unacceptable...Other than those,Pjanic is finished,Puig is maybe a decent option,Moriba is too young etc

Finally,up front,Leo is Leo,but he is 34...... :(

Griezmann is a decent player,but he does not suit the system.He has too many quiet matches,even if he scores.
Dembele is a joke...
Coutinho is injured and he is a joke...
Trincao is too young and inexperienced.
Braithwaite is Barca B material.
And we don’t know how these injuries have affected Fati..... :(

In other words,in a utopia,where the club is rich af,and there are no FFP rules and that all players want to join Barca we would need AT LEAST:

-A right back
-A world class CB
-A back up LB
-A decent midfielder
-A world class winger
-A world class striker

In other words,the future is not very bright my friends...
I really think we should invest more in bringing a very good coach, To get the team play more of it's sums part. Also, if we are able to get a very good striker and very good CB, we can maybe win LA Liga next season. But for the CL,yes, we are very far away, and probabl;y we ll be like that in immediate future.

bismp

I really think we should invest more in bringing a very good coach, To get the team play more of it's sums part. Also, if we are able to get a very good striker and very good CB, we can maybe win LA Liga next season. But for the CL,yes, we are very far away, and probabl;y we ll be like that in immediate future.
The thing is that in the second part of the season and especially between January and March,we played great,we actually played the best we could with this squad.

What I mean is that even if we could get prime Pep/Mourinho/Klopp/Anceloti etc,there’s not much one can do with this squad.If it hadn’t been for Messi magic,we would probably be fourth now,ten points behind the top at least,even against these mediocre rivals.

This squad reminds me of AC Milan ca 2013 or Manchester United ca 2015.Fallen giants with a semi decent squad but without any immediate hope for success.

SmilerBam

The thing is that in the second part of the season and especially between January and March,we played great,we actually played the best we could with this squad.

What I mean is that even if we could get prime Pep/Mourinho/Klopp/Anceloti etc,there?s not much one can do with this squad.If it hadn?t been for Messi magic,we would probably be fourth now,ten points behind the top at least,even against these mediocre rivals.

This squad reminds me of AC Milan ca 2013 or Manchester United ca 2015.Fallen giants with a semi decent squad but without any immediate hope for success.
I still think a better coach is needed. And i also said the minimum should be in bringing a new CF and CB. Of course, better than what we have now.

Rassvet

All in all, he's done a good job in a transition season and we still can win the league. However, his obstinate tendencies and performances in important games make it really hard to want him to continue. I would be okay with replacing him with an attack-minded coach, Xavi included.

Transition season shouldn't just be an excuse for failure, it should mean there being clear improvement over the course of the season in various aspects. It looked like that was happening before the march break, but the last 5 weeks have been pretty shocking. Apart from Messi being more motivated, I dont see much indication that we have transitioned into anything better than we were when he took over. Koeman fans have hyped his youth development for example, yet the likes of Pedri, Dest, Ilaix, Mingueza, and Trincao have regressed if anything over this season.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Transition season shouldn't just be an excuse for failure, it should mean there being clear improvement over the course of the season in various aspects. It looked like that was happening before the march break, but the last 5 weeks have been pretty shocking. Apart from Messi being more motivated, I dont see much indication that we have transitioned into anything better than we were when he took over. Koeman fans have hyped his youth development for example, yet the likes of Pedri, Dest, Ilaix, Mingueza, and Trincao have regressed if anything over this season.

yeah and not forget that he doesnt care about little Puig!

Zebulun

all season i was pretty much on the fence with koeman because of the poor squad/messi wanting out/ bartomeu shitshow but now taking everything into consideration. he cant continue. I'm happy he was part of the process to rejuvenate the squad but he isnt good enough to take us to the next level. tactically he's very inept and it shows everytime we play any decent opposition or coach. not saying that we should be winning trebles and winning every game with 5-0 scorelines because that's not normal, but he always finds a way to shoot himself in the foot, you can see the team is constantly looking for answers in the game and he's not able to provide.

serghei

yeah and not forget that he doesnt care about little Puig!

Koeman fucked up the midfield. Pedri is dead, De Jong overplayed and exhausted as well, Moriba is rawer than sushi. Puig and Pjanic don't count. The man sabotaged himself with his decisions.

He puts his personal ambitions in front of the best interests of the team. And for that, he needs to go. We don't need a manager who thinks like that. It's a major problem.

serghei

Even if you don't rate Puig, Pjanic. Fucking play them to rest the starters vs lesser teams, in order to have them fresh. That's what a smart manager does. You played Puig vs Alaves and won 5-1 and he did well. The fuck you then go on and play him a combined 20 mins until today?

And tell you what, Pjanic is declined, but he still was a main player for Juventus last year. He's not THAT declined as to have Roberto and Umtiti playing more. Guy is better CM than Roberto ffs.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Even if you don't rate Puig, Pjanic. Fucking play them to rest the starters vs lesser teams, in order to have them fresh. That's what a smart manager does. You played Puig vs Alaves and won 5-1 and he did well. The fuck you then go on and play him a combined 20 mins until today?

And tell you what, Pjanic is declined, but he still was a main player for Juventus last year. He's not THAT declined as to have Roberto and Umtiti playing more. Guy is better CM than Roberto ffs.

In other words: Koeman has digged his own grave.

Zebulun

koeman hasnt done anything to improve this team tactically. you could say he helped mentally but that's it. i'm 100% sure if coutinho was fit we'd be playing the same way we did first half of the season. Pedri,Dest,ilaix and Mingueza are only in their first season here so i wouldnt expect too much from them, even more so with a coach that cant teach or improve his players. however at the moment trincao doesnt have the level to be a barca player, not even a b player.

Zebulun

i agree with everything except the pjanic part bud, to me pjanic plays similar to how turan was when he was here, after 2 runs, pjanic is fucking gassed. i dont know how he even passed his barca medical

malvolio

He really fucked it against Granada.

As simple as that. With a W against them, today's result would be great.

As much as we want to cling to some home game against medium/small teams, you can't be champion by not beating any of the rivals. Even more so when direct results matter in the end. A sign of a team not worthy of the title.

BarcaOG

Banned
He did. Too bad, because we had chances to have a better season if he was smarter. A double was well within reach considering Messi's form in 2021.

what 'form' in 2021? Missing 1v1 chances against Granada at home? Completely inconsequential in matches against Atleti and Real--matches that, had he been 'in form' (whatever that means in this case), would have won us the league?

Yeah--no. Scoring against mickey mouse clubs while failing to win the must-win matches: that ain't 'good' form. If that's good form, christ, I don't even want to imagine what bad form would be.

Home of Barca Fans