Ronald Koeman

soul24rage

Without Dembouz and Ansu??
No way...

Oh, I meant like right now with Ansu injured.

But later on with Ansu replacing Coutinho when Ansu's 100% recovered for me.

Dembele is inconsistent, either play him on the RW against a team with a high line or as a sub.

jamrock

If nothing else he has at least shown us that we potentially have two young CB, who could at the very least be our 3rd & 4th choice if not more.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
If nothing else he has at least shown us that we potentially have two young CB, who could at the very least be our 3rd & 4th choice if not more.

There are also Mingo and Comas of Barca B. Don't know about Comas but Mingo's profile would be valuable as he is a left-footed CB.

behindbrowneyes

I feel like today's lineup is the best lineup with this current squad in Koeman's 4-2-3-1

I think it works in games against bad teams like yesterday, since both Alba and Dest could bomb forward offering the necessary width which created space for 3 No. 10s with Braithwaite making smart runs keeping CBs busy.
However, I don't think this will be a good line-up in CL knockout games since fullbacks will have to deal with much more pressure and therefore can't bomb forward all the time. This will make it much easier for opposition to keep those 3 10s under control.

Gnidrologist

If we are going to discuss anfield, we should remember that he started with the lineup of the first leg's first half in anfield. That lineup got heavily outplayed until the subs came on.
And he did it again. It's not about him being a coward. It's about him being stubborn, just like koeman.
It's about him being dumb AND a coward. He stuck to the same washed up veterans regardless how they played in all crucial matches, because he thought it was safer option. Of course there was never anything safe about it and this is where him being dumb comes in. Koeman is stubborn, but he at least experiments to some degree.

JohnN

It's about him being dumb AND a coward. He stuck to the same washed up veterans regardless how they played in all crucial matches, because he thought it was safer option. Of course there was never anything safe about it and this is where him being dumb comes in. Koeman is stubborn, but he at least experiments to some degree.

I won't argue in favour of EV. That being said, he did bring Fati into the scene, so someone could say he did experiment a little bit. Ofcourse injuries helped there a bit.
Other than that he was even more stubborn than Koeman is.
Only player RK is so negativity biased against is Puig.
EV had many black sheep in his books.

Birdy

Cm'oon
You are not going to give credit for Fati to Ernie..
He had no other solution, like when Koeman played Miniqueza against Kiev. Of course when the whole world show how good he is, he did not have any excuse for not counting on him a little bit even as a sub.
He was NOT willing at all to experiment even a little bit or trust youngsters even a little bit...

fergus90

I feel like his in-game management has been great the last few games. Making changes at better times than the chaotic mess of his first few games and the right subs too. Props to him.

Joan

I feel like his in-game management has been great the last few games. Making changes at better times than the chaotic mess of his first few games and the right subs too. Props to him.

Doesn't have the pressure to change things, really. Most of the changes were about giving youngsters chances.

We never really improved after the subs he made, which is fine, as he was bringing worse players on most of the time.

Home of Barca Fans