Rafinha Alcantara

MessiDinho10

This guy is ready to play for the first team. I think he could even be a starter with a coach who believes in him and youth players in general.

B

beautifulgame

To be fair Pep had the advantage of already knowing and having to depend on those players before he gave them a "chance." So it wasn't a "chance" as it would be with most new coaches at the club.

barcanuck

To be fair Pep had the advantage of already knowing and having to depend on those players before he gave them a "chance." So it wasn't a "chance" as it would be with most new coaches at the club.

No way Pep was always loving La masia. Tello and Cuenca weren't his boys and he played them over sub par Pedro and Sanchez plenty of times.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What role would Rafinha play for us next season? I see him conflicting with Cesc in terms of they can offer...

Granted I have only watched a handful of matches of him at Celta, I see him as an AM and possibly a false #9 alternative, which is the role we haven't been able to cement for Cesc in our system... So, what's going to be for him?

F

Flavia

What role would Rafinha play for us next season? I see him conflicting with Cesc in terms of they can offer...

Granted I have only watched a handful of matches of him at Celta, I see him as an AM and possibly a false #9 alternative, which is the role we haven't been able to cement for Cesc in our system... So, what's going to be for him?

He also plays as cm for celta. I think he'd do better than cesc there.

DinhoR10

Plays cm really well too, he's hard tackling and runs harder/dribbles more than xavi but celta isn't barca and he's had to adjust to the players around him but his distribution (Balls over the top, through balls, crosses) are all top-notch and are similar to thiago in that way.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

False 9 would be a waste for him IMO, those roles (higher up the pitch) are what he played in the B team where he wasn't very impressive.

At Celta he's a vertical AM. He likes to drop deep and track back off the ball, but transitions forward quickly. CM is his best position but it's not the orthodox Barcelona CM role. He's gotten so much better with playing time under Lucho, he'll improve his patience and technical ability further playing alongside guys like Xavi, Iniesta, etc.

As for his positional clash with Cesc.... Rafinha's a much better dribbler and more agile, but not as much of a #10 so they don't really offer the same qualities. He'll be our most intense and defensively aggressive midfielder so he can partner with anyone pretty much in games of lower to mid difficulty.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
False 9 would be a waste for him IMO, those roles (higher up the pitch) are what he played in the B team where he wasn't very impressive.

At Celta he's a vertical AM. He likes to drop deep and track back off the ball, but transitions forward quickly. CM is his best position but it's not the orthodox Barcelona CM role. He's gotten so much better with playing time under Lucho, he'll improve his patience and technical ability further playing alongside guys like Xavi, Iniesta, etc.

As for his positional clash with Cesc.... Rafinha's a much better dribbler and more agile, but not as much of a #10 so they don't really offer the same qualities. He'll be our most intense and defensively aggressive midfielder so he can partner with anyone pretty much in games of lower to mid difficulty.
Seems more like a attack minded Xavi who is faster than Xavi (prime)

L

linetty

Mazinho (father Rafinha): "Returning? Officially we don't know anything yet. He will do what Barça want, he has a contract with them." [ara]

JamDav1982

I think Rafinha will come into the squad and play for the most part on the right of a front three. Other than Messi he is the only left footed attacker that can really play there.

The majority of the season at Celta he has been on the right hand side.

Dont think will see too much of him in the middle initially and I dont share the idea that h is good defensively. He covers a lot of ground but is often draggged out of position and leaves the midfield exposed.

jamrock

I think Rafinha will come into the squad and play for the most part on the right of a front three. Other than Messi he is the only left footed attacker that can really play there.

Dont think will see too much of him in the middle initially and I dont share the idea that h is good defensively. He covers a lot of ground but is often draggged out of position and leaves the midfield exposed.

nope wrong

DinhoR10

The major flaw in this thinking is that you forgot to include Pedro into you're thinking he's equally good on both feet, I suppose you can say you use him for rotation but who needs rotating more a not even in his prime 26/27 year old pedro or a 35 year old xavi? Besides Deu will always be ahead of him on the RW and with Cesc/Iniesta/Suarez the only real open slot is Xavi's role and thats the difference with Celta.

L

linetty

BmnbrteCYAAet2Y.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans