9 - Samuel Eto'o

Porque

He had a habit which Dembele has inherited. When he had too much time infront of the goal he would overthink and miss the chance. While the difficult shots or those on instinct would go in.

Incredible player, who we have to think Papa Perez for not wanting back at Madrid until it was too late.

Luis Suarez

Love Eto'o. Luis Suarez is great and all but it's only cos he reminds me of Eto'o.

Eto'o probs my favorite Barcelona player of them all.

KingLeo10

It's a shame the version of Henry we had was past his prime. Otherwise Henry, Eto'o, Messi > MSN IMO. Henry and Eto'o simply have more ways to score and higher mental strength between the two of them compared to Luis and Ney who are also obviously legends.

khaled_a_d

Prime Eto'o and R10...and a young Messi as the front 3. Underrated team in football history.

Sadly they weren't, they were actually closer to being overrated than underrated.
All 3 are legends, but they barely played with each other while all being in form.
Messi was injured 2nd half of 05/06 season, R10 barely played significant minutes in 2nd half of his last season.
Overall, they looked amazing but injuries and age differences (along R10 lack of discipline) have taken away the opportunity to achieve something or reaching their potential when it come to those trio

BarcaOG

Banned
him and drogba were as clutch as they come

i swear: the header drogba scored against Bayern in the CL final was not only as clutch as it comes, it was also, from the perspective of sheer agility/technique/athleticism/movement the best header goal ive ever seen. whenever i see a replay of it i just say 'wow'

KingLeo10

Sadly they weren't, they were actually closer to being overrated than underrated.
All 3 are legends, but they barely played with each other while all being in form.
Messi was injured 2nd half of 05/06 season, R10 barely played significant minutes in 2nd half of his last season.
Overall, they looked amazing but injuries and age differences (along R10 lack of discipline) have taken away the opportunity to achieve something or reaching their potential when it come to those trio

Well, I agree with you in terms of achievements. Barca and RM trios since have kind of skewed the bar for that.

Messigician

Ok and people wonder why Pep sold him lol

"When he arrived, I reminded Guardiola that he'd never been a great player. I told him in no uncertain terms that Eto'o was the one who would make him win."

"I did a lot for the club. Guardiola was unlucky enough to have to play me for twenty minutes against Chivas and I scored three goals. From then on, he never had the courage to say things to my face. I didn't want to talk to him until he apologised to me."

" I only spoke to him twice after, the first was when he asked me to help resolve a problem with Yaya Toure, I told him to get lost and the second time was when Pep wanted to give me lessons on how to be a striker when he was a midfielder.

I said to him, 'You're not normal, are you?' I've won the golden boot in Spain. I then went on to win a treble and another treble with his enemy Mourinho.

The true story is that Pep never respected these things in the world of football."

feggydinho

Ok and people wonder why Pep sold him lol

"When he arrived, I reminded Guardiola that he'd never been a great player. I told him in no uncertain terms that Eto'o was the one who would make him win."

"I did a lot for the club. Guardiola was unlucky enough to have to play me for twenty minutes against Chivas and I scored three goals. From then on, he never had the courage to say things to my face. I didn't want to talk to him until he apologised to me."

" I only spoke to him twice after, the first was when he asked me to help resolve a problem with Yaya Toure, I told him to get lost and the second time was when Pep wanted to give me lessons on how to be a striker when he was a midfielder.

I said to him, 'You're not normal, are you?' I've won the golden boot in Spain. I then went on to win a treble and another treble with his enemy Mourinho.

The true story is that Pep never respected these things in the world of football."

Lol, if this is true, then Eto'o basically sold himself, even if he was a legendary striker, he has to respect the manager else he might've slowly put a seed of disrespect in other players. Imagine him telling the coach to "fuck off", when the coach asked him to help with resolving a problem with Yaya, Eto most likely respected Mourinho more, and maybe saw Guadiola as the new coach from the b team. I thought it was all on Pep before, but with this, Eto basically sold himself.

Home of Barca Fans