9 - Samuel Eto'o

utility73

I couldn't resist a humble shamefaced smile at myself when of all people it was Eto'o who made the important first goal :blush:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Every single Manchester United fan considered the defeat a direct result of the goal.

I can't believe the criticism and lack of faith he received on the final day of the Champions League.

Many (most) of the Barca fans also considers Eto's goal a very important for the outcome of the final.
And the criticism Eto'o got was because he has been playing out of form for the last 10 weeks or so. But we have a strange relation to Eto'o. He has done so much for the club and everybody loves him, but many of us still want him to leave after this season :wacko: Strange? I know!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
look, whatever flaws eto'o has in his game still exist. his goal doesn't erase them. he didn't play centre-forward last night he played inside-right. he got his goal from inside-right. he got his 2006 goal from inside-left. what does that tell you about his abilities as a centre-forward? hm?

he may stay (although I doubt it, pep will want to refresh the squad and who knows what eto'o's motivations will be like next year given the success this season, and of course the ACoN has to be taken into consideration).

BUT CRUCIALLY we can discuss this later. for now he deserves our praise and thanks because he delivered a huge blow to man utd last night and really helped us on our way to victory.

VISCA ETO'O!

nebeer

Love is All
I had an intuitive feeling that Eto'o would score in the final and I'm thankful that he did. I guess Jaumet also felt the same way.

maz

I walk the line
I can't believe the criticism and lack of faith he received on the final day of the Champions League.

Que sera sera..whatever will be will be..eto'o scored in the champions league, que sera sera

QUE SERA SERA! WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE! ETO'O SCORED IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the first thing I said to maz when he came in the chat yesterday was "COMMENT TU T'APPELLES?!"

and he said "JE M'APPELLE SAMUEL!"

it was glorious.

maz

I walk the line
hahah i remember it! What a great chat it was last night. This is what football..this is what barça..is all about

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
A fitting way to end his Barça career? Well whether it is or it isn't the end for him it was a very welcome return to form. One chance, one goal, trophy in the museu.

B

Barca_mad

The goal he scored yesterday changed the game and gave us the confidence to play our usual breath-taking stuff!
All i can say is well done Eto'o on the goal!:etoo:

maz

I walk the line
I just watched the eto'oooo eto'oo comment tu t'appelles je m'appelles samuel video...and seeing belletti's goal made me burst into tears. Us winning last night made belletti's goal even sweeter, and seeing that goal made it hit home how incredible last night was. Man i haven't cried for many years.

maz

I walk the line
Im still going. I look like a wreck. You see my typing and you may think im the same as always. But im really in tears. Im crying my heart out.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Samuel Eto'o deserves a huge sorry. He had been underperforming but my God when we need him most. That's 2 Champions League goals in 2 different finals. Samuel Eto'o well done.

beef-supreme

Im still going. I look like a wreck. You see my typing and you may think im the same as always. But im really in tears. Im crying my heart out.

Got the old avatar back as well I see :)
What an amazing goal that was. Eto'o turned the game around and he won it for us, because United were pressuring hugely. Very emotional moment for any cule i'm sure, and more so for Eto'o.

maz

I walk the line
I needed that. Like i said to evil, my eyes were raw, i was full of snot and i had tears streaming down my face. But i now feel it.

Home of Barca Fans