Finally going Barcelona!!

Aasim

Bumbleman
Finally going after ages. I got a couple of questions..

1. Wheres the best place to book a hotel to see the attractions, La Rambla and Camp Nou? Somewhere that is not too distant from everything.

2. Is it best to get tickets from when i get to Camp Nou or better to book them online?

Barcafan 2304

Finally going after ages. I got a couple of questions..

1. Wheres the best place to book a hotel to see the attractions, La Rambla and Camp Nou? Somewhere that is not too distant from everything.

2. Is it best to get tickets from when i get to Camp Nou or better to book them online?

Ill let someone who is better informed to answer question one but in regards to 2, it is best to book through the club i feel. You can of course do that in person but also through their official site. You can also print the ticket off. If you cant, just book it, print off the receipt/order confirmation then take it to the ticket booths at Barca (just opposite the Botiga) and they will print it off for you

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Nice one Aasim! We've booked online the last few times we went. Obviously without membership you have to wait until nearer the game, but unless it's a massive fixture then there will be tickets available, plus you get to choose where you want to sit which is handy.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
As for hotels, consider two things...Budget & location...Camp Nou & Ramblas are not near one another...Truth is, I would recommend staying closer to Las Ramblas...You're at the center of things (Museums, Ramblas, Architecture, Transportation, Seaside)...Energy is better there than out near Camp Nou, IMHO...Plus, public transportation is very simple

As for budget, some great hostels that are quite cheap but if you're going non-collegiate, plenty of hotels to choose from...There's a new W if you want to lighten your wallet

I bought my tix from a scalper outside of the Camp Nou but not recommended to go this way from what I hear

S

Super Pippo

Is it a hotel or hostel you are looking to stay in Aasim?

Aasim

Bumbleman
Thanks everyone :)

I've found a nice looking hotel just off La Rambla. I suppose it's convenient to stay there and then get on the metro to go elsewhere.

Another question, do i have to book a museum tour in advanced?

Is it a hotel or hostel you are looking to stay in Aasim?

Hotel. My mother is coming along and she thinks hostels are for students...

S

Super Pippo

Wise lady. I was in a similar situation, hostel wasn't appropriate either. In this case I would recommend using one of the room filler sites, I used lastminute.com, but there are several. There you can take a luxury hotel, and I mean proper luxury, not just a mint on the bed, for peanuts. The best deals are in the business hotels at the end of Diagonal, they are desperate for the custom. Its a bit far out, but its connected so well to the tram and metro its only 15 mins from the centre. I paid 30€ a night for room in Barcelona Princess on the higher floors overlooking the whole city and sea, came with use of the roof top pool, massage spa and a bottle of champagne when we arrived. Best trip I ever had, would recommend it as the way to do it to anyone.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Thanks Sergio. I've already found a hotel in Las Ramblas. I thought i should just choose a hotel close to the action and then use the metro to go to other places.

Question: Where is the best place to sit in the Camp Nou?

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
It's up to you mate. Watching football live I always prefer to be by the half way line, but all the times I've been to the Camp Nou I've sat in the Gol Sud end at different heights.

Aasim

Bumbleman
It's up to you mate. Watching football live I always prefer to be by the half way line, but all the times I've been to the Camp Nou I've sat in the Gol Sud end at different heights.

Ah ok. I want to be able to see Pep's face clearly with my own eyes.. Thats all that matter to me lol..

I dont mind spending a bit extra either. Only do this kind of stuff once a year..or twice a year.

Aasim, if you don't join the forum trip I'll be very disappointed.

You guys go around October right? I will definitely come this year :D

Better be ready for me.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Ah ok. It's getting close then. Just pm me when you start organising it.

Booking the Gamper ticks tomorrow. This is how ecstasy must feel :mental:

Galning

I dont mind spending a bit extra either. Only do this kind of stuff once a year..or twice a year.

If you want to see Pep's face clearly I advice you sitting in this area. It's pretty easy to check him out if he's standing up or going to the dressing room. Also, when benchsitters are warming up you can see them from like 2 yards away because that's where they get ready.
You won't get the "wow Camp Nou is big" experience though, since you're not sitting high. But when you want that you won't be able to see Pep's face :p

baramap.png

Home of Barca Fans