3 - Gerard Pique

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 3 - Gerard Piqué

He didn`t deserve that second yellow card. He wasn`t perfect, was late couple of times but I still have a lot of faith in him.

hendryrusli

It was silly to be red carded on such important match. His first half performance was average. He made too many silly fouls which led him to the red card.

M.L. King

The Preacher

It wasn't his fault for receiving the second yellow card. The referee was a bit biased throughout the whole match.

hendryrusli

The Second One Wasn't Even A Foul

"It wasn’t even a foul, let alone a yellow card,” said a very unhappy Piqué as he left the dressing room after becoming the first Barça player to be sent off this season.

In spite of getting his marching orders, Piqué thinks that "the most important thing is that it didn’t affect the result and the team always believed in victory. We had some chances in the first half, and even though they went ahead we still scored twice."

All of the players stressed the importance of this win before the Christmas break. Despite being ten points ahead, the players remain cautious and emphasise the need to continue working hard.

Article taken from: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/ ... 03386.html

Evil

Shabazz

He´s out with a heavy cold, and a temprature of 38.5, a very big doubt for the game on Saturday, Cáceres should take his place.

M.L. King

The Preacher

Auch, I hope he gets better soon. We will need him; I'd rather see him resting over the weekend to avoid any possible complications with his condition.

Evil

Shabazz

Or Cáceres--Márquez ... (Puyol atleast played the Catalonia match) Márquez hasn´t played anything in a while, so he needs match fitness. Puyol will maybe be kept ready for the Atletico match ? Anyways, I'll just be happy if Cáceres plays tommorow, doesn´t matter who partners him ..

M.L. King

The Preacher

There are numerous combination Pep can pick from. We might even see Puyol and Marquez, it won't for the first time Pep would shock us, regarding the circumstances (our match against Atleti in midweek).

roll

Tryin` to be hated

I simply adore this guy. He is so calm and looks so cool on the pitch. Really good game by him against ATM. His passes are always correct and decisions too. He is great in air. The future of Barca. :D

roll

Tryin` to be hated

Barca_Ray_USA said:
Lieutenant Moses Hightower! If we had one more we would be safe from corners at all times
True. Havent done nothing wrong, he is always concentrated. I just love his passing and he wins huge amount of headers at the back. If just only once we could try with him and Marquez at the back.

Barca_Ray_USA

How about his long direct passes? Somehow I don`t think Pep is too happy with them considering our style of play

roll

Tryin` to be hated

Barca_Ray_USA said:
How about his long direct passes? Somehow I don`t think Pep is too happy with them considering our style of play
But he isnt using them much, he waits until midfielders come closer to pick up the ball, he is often passing to Xavi, Keita, Toure and if none of our players is left alone he passes the ball to Valdes. A smart one....:D.

Home of Barca Fans