3 - Gerard Pique

Birdy

No1 cancer of our Defense
His errors would have been pure comedy if it was not infuriating and embarassing at the same time that this guy is still a starter, and that a person so empty of professionalism is getting paid to 'play football'

We are up to the point where it's not just that he lacks all the modern elements of the game, like pace, athleticism etc
His mind is so out of the sport that he has just forgot the ABC of positioning

Responsible for the 2nd goal and the clear-cut chance he gifted to Suarez in the 1st half:
in both cases he does not understand that he kills the offside line by
EITHER stepping up with no reason and creating onside space behind
OR by staying back, not following the press, creating again onside space behind all his teammates

Horrible

Messigician

The Bar?a locker room did not like Piqu??s public statements. Apart from that, Alba, Sergi Roberto and Busquets are upset with Piqu? for his public pressure to reduce their salary, when all 4 decided NOT to do so. They believe that he?s not completely focused.

? @sinconcesiones

Gets coins for pissing off the other captains and pressuring them to cut wages

Horatio

You're welcome
Holy crap do those players not care about their legacy? They will go down in history books as players that didn't do anything to help the club when it was needed. Just move to middle-east or something if you want to keep a high salary.

Barcilliant

Holy crap do those players not care about their legacy? They will go down in history books as players that didn't do anything to help the club when it was needed. Just move to middle-east or something if you want to keep a high salary.

It is a problem with the clubs culture. Everyone is too complacent and comfortable.

JedBanker

Probably goes back a bit longer. Remember Tata Martino BBQ get togethers?

Agreed, I think the root of the problem lies in their early success, within the space of the first 5 years of piques and busquets career they had won two champions leagues and a world cup. Hard not to be entitled after that. I remember pep wanted to get rid of pique in his final year as he was not focused.

iniestaGOAT

Agreed, I think the root of the problem lies in their early success, within the space of the first 5 years of piques and busquets career they had won two champions leagues and a world cup. Hard not to be entitled after that. I remember pep wanted to get rid of pique in his final year as he was not focused.

Pep wanted pique gone a long time back, and had him benched whereas the heavy weights didn't approve of Luchos system and training and hard work.

The rest were probably pushovers

Mateka

When Pique was subbed after 30 mins in CL with Benfica, it appeared that he wanted to reduce Barca to 10 men.

Home of Barca Fans