3 - Gerard Pique

delancey

Did he actually take a salary cut, or is this just a deferral, in which his full salary as per contract will be paid out at a later date?

serghei

Pique is from wealthy family and dating a woman wealthier than any of our players , already having good business in hand.
It is great gesture from him, but tbh tough to compare to other players.

Yea, which is why I said nice. It's not anything crazy noble or something like that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wonder if he runs for president one day and wins, if he will at least give up its presidency at FC Andorra. You can’t be president at two different clubs right? At least he wouldn’t be able to dedicate his full attention to one.

malvolio

I wonder if he runs for president one day and wins, if he will at least give up its presidency at FC Andorra. You can’t be president at two different clubs right? At least he wouldn’t be able to dedicate his full attention to one.

Catalan millionaire businessman, from a wealthy family, he even captained the club. Yeap, he checks all the boxes.

Check our history of presidents and see if you can find the pattern.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Catalan millionaire businessman, from a wealthy family, he even captained the club. Yeap, he checks all the boxes.

Check our history of presidents and see if you can find the pattern.

I don’t necessarily see a problem with that. In most democracies in this world, the leader comes from some relatively well-off background, right? Not many Cinderella stories, guys or gals with no money and winning the presidency of a country etc.

malvolio

I don’t necessarily see a problem with that. In most democracies in this world, the leader comes from some relatively well-off background, right? Not many Cinderella stories, guys or gals with no money and winning the presidency of a country etc.

Wasn't saying there is a problem. Was just pointing out who can become a president at Barca.

Thing is Pique might not be that corrupt and surely will have some great ideas going forward. I would put him in charge tommorow if I could.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also I don’t mind businessmen or women at all, I actually prefer somebody who is quite success and knows what he or she is doing to be our president, better than a politician like Laporta. Not all of them will work certainly, in Bartomeu’s case, I thought his background in his elevator business would help but it didn’t obviously. I want somebody smart like Florentino Perez. ��

Devils

MD | Pique reduced his salary but did not extend his contract to 2025, his contract remains the same until 2024

He deferred salary AND took a cut.

The other players could at least defer some salary ffs. I mean the will get it in the end, it's not like they are gonna be on the streets and struggling to put food on the table. SMH.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique is from wealthy family and dating a woman wealthier than any of our players , already having good business in hand.
It is great gesture from him, but tbh tough to compare to other players.

It's like when Tom Brady takes less money. His wife is richer than 99% of NFL players, including Tom Brady himself.

Still though, respect for Pique for doing this. He said he would do whatever it takes to help the club and he did it. Will respect him even more if he leaves on his own next summer.

malvolio

MD | Pique reduced his salary but did not extend his contract to 2025, his contract remains the same until 2024

He deferred salary AND took a cut.

The other players could at least defer some salary ffs. I mean the will get it in the end, it's not like they are gonna be on the streets and struggling to put food on the table. SMH.

So Pique already put down that deposit for when he'll run for president. Playing the long game, smart!

Can't ask for the likes of Coutinho or Griezmann to do the same. They don't have any allegiance to the club.

Home of Barca Fans